ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s Instagram post

CHAMPCAT11

Senior
Jun 16, 2009
He’s slobbering all over the UK players in the NBA. Getting hammered by UK fans for his NBA love affair and current failure at his 10 mil job as the UK coach. I’ve never seen people call him out like this but I hope his arrogant ass gets a clue that the majority of UK fans would like to see him do his job instead of bragging about how his ex players that never delivered UK a championship are now gainfully employed all over the globe. SMDH.

He’s slobbering all over the UK players in the NBA. Getting hammered by UK fans for his NBA love affair and current failure at his 10 mil job as the UK coach. I’ve never seen people call him out like this but I hope his arrogant ass gets a clue that the majority of UK fans would like to see him do his job instead of bragging about how his ex players that never delivered UK a championship are now gainfully employed all over the globe. SMDH.

I saw the post on Facebook and I replied

"oh.........this thread is not going to go well"........and yeah it didn't haha.

TBH I don't mind Cal doing this.
It shows that he cares about his guys even after they leave UK.

But I think he needs to go over with the fanbase some things.

I really believe that in his eyes, he feels like getting guys to the NBA and having the most talented players is the way to win titles as well.

Which whether or not he's right or not is one thing but I feel like fans need to hear that right now.

Cal has more former players in the nba than any school that makes uk the greatest wins dont matter just how many guys you put in league is what means the most

Just read that wow you are not wrong getting blistered. Fans have had enough👏

He'll leave soon and we'll be Indiana for a decade. We have some of the dumbest fans imaginable.
One thing that is not debatable is that we will be one of the worst teams in the conference for a few years whenever he leaves simply because of his one of a kind recruiting philosophy. Whenever and whoever the next coach is will have absolutely nothing to work with when they get here.

I’d say you fall right into that category. But if you’re all about the NBA good for you.

He cares about his former players. Some of our fans don't even give a crap about our current players, let alone the former ones. They just want to beat their chest and feel taller than the U of L fan in the cubicle across from them.

You'd have a to be a total clown to attack him on Instagram.

Remember this program and everything is about you...and you need calipari to be your dad. F*** those guys that played here

Reactions: JC43
He cares about his former players. Some of our fans don't even give a crap about our current players, let alone the former ones. They just want to beat their chest and feel taller than the U of L fan in the cubicle across from them.

You'd have a to be a total clown to attack him on Instagram.

I beg to differ. I say you have to be a total clown like you to keep kissing his ass like you are. His job is to make UK successful. You think 1-5 is worth 10 mil ? Yeah right.

He'll leave soon and we'll be Indiana for a decade. We have some of the dumbest fans imaginable.
We're turning into Indiana right now. Although, I don't recall IU going 1-5 to start a season, do you?

I also don't recall ever seeing a team as bad as Evansville go in and beat IU in their home gym. Have you?

What's funny is, their last 4 coaches didn't make as much as Cal makes… .combined.

One thing some of the players have in common with some of the fans is their
Sense of entitlement!

TBH I don't mind Cal doing this.
It shows that he cares about his guys even after they leave UK.

But I think he needs to go over with the fanbase some things.

I really believe that in his eyes, he feels like getting guys to the NBA and having the most talented players is the way to win titles as well.

Which whether or not he's right or not is one thing but I feel like fans need to hear that right now.
It's the right way to win titles when you get transcendant players, those guys are extremely rare now. All he's getting are project AAU kids. That ain't gonna work.

I beg to differ. I say you have to be a total clown like you to keep kissing his ass like you are. His job is to make UK successful. You think 1-5 is worth 10 mil ? Yeah right.
I dint kiss his ass nor do ANY of us thought we would be 1-5 we are severely struggling right now but I let the season play out

Reactions: JC43
It's the right way to win titles when you get transcendant players, those guys are extremely rare now. All he's getting are project AAU kids. That ain't gonna work.

I think regardless of whether it actually works or not he should re-assure the fanbase that he actually feels this is the way to win titles in his opinion.

Sitting at 1-5, people need to hear something.

Either Cal is out of touch with many fans frustrations right now or he just doesn't care.

I think he cares. He’s just not going to take advice from fans, most of which can’t control their own emotions and throw tantrums after nearly every game, win or lose. Bottom-line he’s in the driver’s seat. Fans can only bitch, whine and complain - and sit back and watch.

I think regardless of whether it actually works or not he should re-assure the fanbase that he actually feels this is the way to win titles in his opinion.

Sitting at 1-5, people need to hear something.
I don't think he actually believes that based on what he has said many times. His biggest priority is getting kids to the NBA.

My question is, how bad does it have to get for him to realize it's not going to work.

There are no AD level players in HS and if they were, they ain't coming here.

Last edited:
I think he cares. He’s just not going to take advice from fans, most of which can’t control their own emotions and throw tantrums after nearly every game, win or lose. Bottom-line he’s in the driver’s seat. Fans can only bitch, whine and complain - and sit back and watch.
Fans bitch and moan enough the coach will be gone. See Tubby.

We may not be Indiana but we will be down for 4-5 years should Cal leave.
So we should just keep doubling down on a failing strategy out of fear of having to deal with unsuccessful seasons in order to fix this mess?

That's terrible rationale. At some point you have to fix the damn problem, not keep your head in the sand. Cal COULD be the guy to do that but he's to stubborn and has literally said he isn't going to change this. Therefore, I'm done with him.

Fans also buy the tickets and gear to make the program what it is.Taking for granted that people will keep packing the place for a poor product is not good.Cal needs a dose of humility.He IS NOT bigger than UK.

So Cal is posting on Instagram now. Interesting. This doesn’t raise a red flag? What am I missing? I’m old school, but excuse me? Shit. Lmao.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT