ADVERTISEMENT

C Rod

So now it's a conspiracy because some cop back in the day let you drink and drive? And you respected him because you didn't have to face the consequences for your actions? Now, that got is a great guy! He lets minors drink and drive... Keeping our community safe I tell you what!
Have you ever taken a drink?

Reactions: Greezy Kreek
So now it's a conspiracy because some cop back in the day let you drink and drive? And you respected him because you didn't have to face the consequences for your actions? Now, that got is a great guy! He lets minors drink and drive... Keeping our community safe I tell you what!
The best way to keep our community safe is to outlaw cars.

But in this case, Rodriguez was driving down Nicholasville Road at three in the morningy are true? without his lights on and he was unable to maintain a lane. If you’re going to do that, you’re asking to get pulled over.

And just for good measure, once the cop attempted to pull him over, Rodriguez continued driving for about a mile before finally stopping.

Rodriguez owns this and he’s fortunate he didn’t injure anyone.

It appears you don’t know what the term gaslighting means, so you might want to avoid using that in the future.

That aside, this isn’t about taking the moral high ground. But if someone agrees to abide by a code of conduct and that code also spells out the penalties for a violation, then folks shouldn’t harp on the school when the school holds someone accountable under that policy. This is pretty cut and dry and shouldn’t be that difficult of a concept to understand.

It has been the policy at UK for over 20 years that a DUI means punishment from the school. For athletes, it used to be that a first offense resulted in losing your scholarship for one year (e.g., Jules Camara). When Barnhart arrived, they made the penalties less severe. A first offense resulted in a suspension of 10% of games, a second offense resulted in a suspension of 50% of games and a third offense got you kicked off the team. More importantly, all UK athletes know this is the rule and they all affirmatively agree to abide by that policy as a condition of playing sports at UK.

In terms of whether it’s appropriate for someone to get suspended from work for a DUI, the answer is yes if you agreed to an applicable standard of conduct when you were hired. And there are plenty of jobs where a DUI can result in disciplinary action from your employer. If someone doesn’t agree that’s right, then they’re free to look for a different job where they won’t have to deal with that.

And it’s the same for any UK student. If you’re a non-athlete who gets arrested for DUI off campus and the school is made aware of it, then you’re going to need an attorney to help you deal with the UK Office of Student Conduct in addition to any criminal charges. All UK students agree to abide by the Student Code of Conduct regardless of whether they’re on or off campus.
What is your axe to grind in this, and who made you privy to all this info out of the blue? Aren't you the same poster that had the LONG thread on here defending our AD's deplorable treatment of the MONEY COW? That didn't bother to reply to my post.

You sure seem to be heavily involved in making this case as bad as possible.

I smell a rat------again.

NCAA suspended Gurley 2 games UGA added 2 games to it. Really hard to say what length it should be when the offense isn't known. My personal opinion is no one should drive under the influence, and the offense needs to be an attention getter, not 100 bleachers at 5 AM, but not a season killer.

My opinion has always been that the courts should handle it. If a player goes to jail, he doesn't play. If the courts aren't going to hold him accountable, suspending him from games is just virtue-signaling. I'm awfully tired of virtue signaling.

It's like complaining about oppression while making millions wearing shoes made by people who are actually oppressed. That's all I see and hear when this stuff comes up.

In the end, if the staff has rules, they have to follow their rules or it sets a bad precedent. If they have mercy/leniency built into the rule set, then they have leeway. I don't see why people have to forfeit across their entire life for something for which they are already answering to the courts. This isn't steroids and unfair competition stuff. It's a debt to society incurred by breaking laws.

As a former educator it would have absolutely been a suspension and possible termination. Had friends who faced both. A young teacher without tenure would have 100% not been hired for the next year.

Employees, sure. Students aren't usually expelled or punished academically for a dwi. That said, if the coaches set a standard, however arbitrary it might be, they should follow it.

Employees, sure. Students aren't usually expelled or punished academically for a dwi. That said, if the coaches set a standard, however arbitrary it might be, they should follow it.
Our coaches don't set the standards.

Our AD does.

Reactions: cathouse
That’s not true regarding students.

Nearly every university in the country will initiate disciplinary proceedings against a student the moment the school becomes aware of a DUI arrest.

Penalties can include conduct probation, loss of any scholarships, academic suspension (including forfeiture of tuition), suspension from extracurricular activities, eviction from campus housing and expulsion.

There are hundreds of law firms around the country that generate quite a bit of revenue from advising students with DUIs throughout the disciplinary process at their school.

Here’s just one example:

What is your axe to grind in this, and who made you privy to all this info out of the blue? Aren't you the same poster that had the LONG thread on here defending our AD's deplorable treatment of the MONEY COW? That didn't bother to reply to my post.

You sure seem to be heavily involved in making this case as bad as possible.

I smell a rat------again.
Go back a read through this thread and you’ll see I was having a back and forth discussion with another poster, and responding to his replies. It was pretty straightforward.

And I’m not sure to what you’re referring with respect to the info I’m “privy to” since everything I’ve been discussing is public information.

In terms of your “MONEY COW” post, I’m also not sure which post your talking about. I’m guessing it’s one of your hourly rants against Mitch Barnhart, so you’ll have to link that for me so that I know which one it is. No offense, but most of your posts are indistinguishable white noise.

Reactions: dallasg23
But in this case, Rodriguez was driving down Nicholasville Road at three in the morning without his lights on and he was unable to maintain a lane. If you’re going to do that, you’re asking to get pulled over.

And just for good measure, once the cop attempted to pull him over, Rodriguez continued driving for about a mile before finally stopping.

Rodriguez owns this and he’s fortunate he didn’t injure anyone.
I didn't know all the details. If this is true the a 4 game suspension should be the minimum considered. DUI is always very serious but this sounds like this was more than him just being a drink over the limit. He's lucky he didn't hit someone.

I didn't know all the details. If this is true the a 4 game suspension should be the minimum considered. DUI is always very serious but this sounds like this was more than him just being a drink over the limit. He's lucky he didn't hit someone.
Unless UK’s policy has changed in the last couple of years, his suspension for the DUI should be 10% of the season since I believe this is his first offense. So that would basically be a 1 game suspension.

Assuming UK’s policy is still the same, if he ends up with.a much longer suspension then that would seem to indicate one of 3 things:
  1. This isn’t his first offense under the drug and alcohol policy (I can’t recall him being in trouble previously, so this seems unlikely)
  2. He’s being suspended for additional games for something else beyond just the DUI
  3. He’s not being suspended as a disciplinary measure but is instead being held out of additional games due to an eligibility issue
The fact that he’s been practicing all along with the team is an encouraging sign in terms of disciplinary issues.

Remains to be seen if there is any truth to this rumored “other” issue and whether that would cause him to miss additional games. However, if the rumors end up being nothing, then I think a 1 game suspension is the most likely scenario.

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
KSR guys seem to think 1-2 games. For me, if it’s a non-violent offense and no one got hurt, then I’m OK with severe off field punishments by the coach. You hate to punish the team. I trust Stoops’ judgement.

Go back a read through this thread and you’ll see I was having a back and forth discussion with another poster, and responding to his replies. It was pretty straightforward.

And I’m not sure to what you’re referring with respect to the info I’m “privy to” since everything I’ve been discussing is public information.

In terms of your “MONEY COW” post, I’m also not sure which post your talking about. I’m guessing it’s one of your hourly rants against Mitch Barnhart, so you’ll have to link that for me so that I know which one it is. No offense, but most of your posts are indistinguishable white noise.
The "MONEY COW" is and has been for quite a while Football. You surely don't think the recent SEC bonanza of thirty and more millions is due to the minor sports, do you? You do know that even back in 2010 when football was still being starved to death (leading to TWO two win seasons AND no bowl games for five years) football cleared $18M while the best BB program in the land (with EVERYTHING) only cleared about $5M?

Talk about being asleep at the wheel, I still say if the OTHER SEC football programs hadn't started throwing crazy amounts of money at UK our athletic dept would have been in big trouble.

FACTS, argue with them.

Unless UK’s policy has changed in the last couple of years, his suspension for the DUI should be 10% of the season since I believe this is his first offense. So that would basically be a 1 game suspension.

Assuming UK’s policy is still the same, if he ends up with.a much longer suspension then that would seem to indicate one of 3 things:
  1. This isn’t his first offense under the drug and alcohol policy (I can’t recall him being in trouble previously, so this seems unlikely)
  2. He’s being suspended for additional games for something else beyond just the DUI
  3. He’s not being suspended as a disciplinary measure but is instead being held out of additional games due to an eligibility issue
The fact that he’s been practicing all along with the team is an encouraging sign in terms of disciplinary issues.

Remains to be seen if there is any truth to this rumored “other” issue and whether that would cause him to miss additional games. However, if the rumors end up being nothing, then I think a 1 game suspension is the most likely scenario.
Who is objecting to a one game suspension?

Who is objecting to a one game suspension?

I never said any one was objecting to a one game suspension, so I have no clue what you’re referring to.

My reply simply pointed out what Rodriguez’s suspension for the DUI would be if UK’s drug and alcohol policy is still the same as it was a couple of years ago. If for some reason Rodriguez misses more than one game, then I mentioned a few potential reasons that could cause that to happen.

But I never said anyone was objecting to a 1 game suspension so I don’t understand the point of your question.

The "MONEY COW" is and has been for quite a while Football. You surely don't think the recent SEC bonanza of thirty and more millions is due to the minor sports, do you? You do know that even back in 2010 when football was still being starved to death (leading to TWO two win seasons AND no bowl games for five years) football cleared $18M while the best BB program in the land (with EVERYTHING) only cleared about $5M?

Talk about being asleep at the wheel, I still say if the OTHER SEC football programs hadn't started throwing crazy amounts of money at UK our athletic dept would have been in big trouble.

FACTS, argue with them.

This is a complete non sequitur.

And if the “MONEY COW” post you referenced above was similar to this post, then that’s likely the reason I didn’t respond to it.

Your concept of debate seems to be anchored on simply shouting the same talking points over and over. It’s akin to an old man yelling at the clouds for some perceived injury that he refuses to let go.

Regardless, I have no clue what this is in response to.

So what is the “other issue”? Jones and Lemond clearly know but were walking on eggshells trying not to let the cat out of the bag. Said the closest comparison would be it was like a game of hot potato and the potato landed on Rodriguez, whatever that means.

I heard this too, and we tried to think of what that might be... perhaps hanging around with a crowd known to have some stolen property, and receiving some if yourself, though never actually stealing anything. Like say a group stole a few Xboxes from Best Buy, and then distributed them amongst friends. Even if you're unsure where it came from, you might just think "oh well free Xbox" (or car stereo, etc etc). That's all I could think of the way they were describing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: drainthatub
My opinion has always been that the courts should handle it. If a player goes to jail, he doesn't play. If the courts aren't going to hold him accountable, suspending him from games is just virtue-signaling. I'm awfully tired of virtue signaling.

It's like complaining about oppression while making millions wearing shoes made by people who are actually oppressed. That's all I see and hear when this stuff comes up.

In the end, if the staff has rules, they have to follow their rules or it sets a bad precedent. If they have mercy/leniency built into the rule set, then they have leeway. I don't see why people have to forfeit across their entire life for something for which they are already answering to the courts. This isn't steroids and unfair competition stuff. It's a debt to society incurred by breaking laws.
It’s not virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling would be if the university simply made statements without any actions, which are basically meaningless gestures intended to project a veneer of morality. It’s a totally different thing to create a code in good faith that is intended to push people to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Honor codes and codes of conduct have been a part of US universities for almost 300 years. There was a time when universities viewed their role not only as educating, but also helping to shape the character of their students. These codes were part of that. Frankly, I think that’s a good thing and also think our society could be doing a much better job at pushing people to a higher standard.

That said, if you want to argue about the scope of these codes and the point at which schools start to overstep their bounds, then I think that is definitely a debate worth having.

It’s also worth having a debate about what is the right punishment for violations that are in scope, and the role those punishments should play.

If a specific violation is something where the student is also going to face criminal penalties, then I think the role of any university penalties needs to be very carefully thought out. If the school adds a penalty for a first time offender, then you need to be sure that the school’s penalty is providing additional value in reinforcing the right path for the student or in safeguarding other students.

But if the school’s punishment is simply piling on, then I’m not sure I see the value in it.

Last edited:
In todays society it seems we like to convict first then know the facts. I have no idea what CRod did cause I wasn’t there and I’m not privy to the info from those that actually knowthe facts.

if n when I know the facts my opinion on the matter doesn’t mean squat. I’m glad no one was injured n hope whatever lesson that needs to be learned is learned. Other than that this entire thread is about 98% a waste of time

Best of C Rod and Go CATS!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Girthang
I heard this too, and we tried to think of what that might be... perhaps hanging around with a crowd known to have some stolen property, and receiving some if yourself, though never actually stealing anything. Like say a group stole a few Xboxes from Best Buy, and then distributed them amongst friends. Even if you're unsure where it came from, you might just think "oh well free Xbox" (or car stereo, etc etc). That's all I could think of the way they were describing it.
This is a good theory. Just speculating further, could it have been the car he was driving when he got the DUI? Say it was someone letting him lease a car for free but they hadn’t submitted it to UK as an official NIL deal. Could be why it’s an eligibility issue but potentially fixable.

I am also very sick of rich people acting oppressed, but what do rich whiners have to do with CRod missing a game or two for DUI? There’s zero connection between those two thoughts. In fact, CRod is about to be one of those rich people very soon. It’s ok if they face consequences in my view.

It’s a totally different thing to create a code in good faith that is intended to push people to hold themselves to a higher standard.

Honor codes and codes of conduct have been a part of US universities for almost 300 years. There was a time when universities viewed their role not only as educating, but also helping to shape the character of their students. These codes were part of that. Frankly, I think that’s a good thing and also think our society could be doing a much better job at pushing people to a higher standard.

That said, if you want to argue about the scope of these codes and the point at which schools start to overstep their bounds, then I think that is definitely a debate worth having.

It’s also worth having a debate about what is the right punishment for violations that are in scope, and the role those punishments should play.

If a specific violation is something where the student is also going to face criminal penalties, then I think the role of any university penalties needs to be very carefully thought out. If the school adds a penalty for a first time offender, then you need to be sure that the school’s penalty is providing additional value in reinforcing the right path for the student or in safeguarding other students.

But if the school’s punishment is simply piling on, then I’m not sure I see the value in it.

Basically what I'm saying

That’s not true regarding students.

Nearly every university in the country will initiate disciplinary proceedings against a student the moment the school becomes aware of a DUI arrest.

Penalties can include conduct probation, loss of any scholarships, academic suspension (including forfeiture of tuition), suspension from extracurricular activities, eviction from campus housing and expulsion.

There are hundreds of law firms around the country that generate quite a bit of revenue from advising students with DUIs throughout the disciplinary process at their school.

Here’s just one example:

So how many of the students arrested for DUI actually get expelled? One example doesn't negate my point. I know quite a few people that neither got expelled, nor were fired/disciplined from their jobs when they got their DUIs. 2 different people had 2 of them. One was a teacher.

I am also very sick of rich people acting oppressed, but what do rich whiners have to do with CRod missing a game or two for DUI? There’s zero connection between those two thoughts. In fact, CRod is about to be one of those rich people very soon. It’s ok if they face consequences in my view.

I didn't say it had anything to do with CRod.

The issue here is you don’t seem to understand the facts of Smith’s arrest.

Smith was charged with 3 crimes:
  1. Driving while intoxicated
  2. Possession of less than 2 grams of marijuana
  3. Unlawful carrying of a weapon
For charge #1, the police officer administered a breathalyzer test to Smith twice. The first time he blew a .066 and the second time he blew a .061. So well below the legal limit both times but the officer decided to charge him with DWI anyway. The DA dropped that charge because there’s no way that’s going to hold up in court if Smith’s has an attorney who’s even modestly competent.

On the second charge, Smith indicated the marijuana was not his and belonged to the passenger and there was no other evidence to tie the drugs specifically to Smith. Again, if Smith has a good lawyer, then you’re going to have a hard time winning that in court.

Finally, if the DA doesn’t think they have a case on charges #1 and #2 (and they didn’t), then the DA has no choice but to drop the 3rd charge based on Texas state law. In Texas, it is perfectly legal for you to carry a handgun in your car as long as it is lawful for you to own it and you are not in the act of committing a crime.

The only way Smith can be convicted of unlawful carry in this situation is if he is first convicted of another crime. And it’s pretty clear those first 2 charges would not hold up in court, which means the DA made the right call to drop the case based on the facts and evidence at hand. There’s no favoritism or leniency here, it’s simply an example of a DA correctly applying the law.

So again, I’m not sure how you can possible see Smith’s situation as evidence that UK handles things dramatically differently than A&M.

I’d also add that you seem to be unable to make up your mind about who exactly is out to get Rodriguez. First you were suggesting this was a Lexington PD issue (even though it was the UK police that arrested him), then you suggested it was a UK issue and now your most recent post is suggesting that it’s an issue with the DA.

If you’re working this hard to find anyone other than Rodriguez to blame, that should be a strong indicator to you that maybe Rodriguez is the one who dropped the ball here.
And there you go again. Writing about things I did not write.
What part of "CRod did the crime, and CRod has paid the fine" could you even remotely derive that I am looking for anyone other the CRod to blame?
Conversely, this strong pushback that you are making about the need for additional punishment outside of the criminal offense that CRod has already pled guilty to and is making the proper restitution according to the courts, makes it appear that you have an issue with CRod or other football players.

Were you also one of the morality police that wanted all the Frat Party Seven football players kicked off the team permanently or suspended for the entire season, even though there was no evidence of any wrongdoing other than some he said, she said from some butt hurt frat boys?

Did a football player steal your girlfriend while you were at UK or just what is your reason for adamantly demanding more punishment for CRod? Or, is there some other reason? Just curious.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that what CRod needs is HELP instead of more PUNISHMENT for this bad decision?

We know that he was having problems last year, because CMS told us CRod was dealing with some personal issues that was impacting his play on the field.

Now, we don't know, and don't need to know what those issues are, but shouldn't we at least show enough grace toward someone who is struggling to petition that the high and mighty, morally superior, UK admin, and the all-powerful UK student council, actually consider what may be behind the problem that CRod is having rather than screaming for more punishment to kick a man while he is down?

But that's just me. You do you. We will just have to disagree on this one. So glad we have some perfect people posting on here.

Last edited:
If this is the case, wouldn't it have shown up in an arrest/court record by now?

Have you ever taken a drink?
Many times. But I wouldn't go around saying such and such cop is a great man because he let me off the hook once while these other cops are terrible cops and attention seekers because they arrested someone for breaking the law.

So how many of the students arrested for DUI actually get expelled? One example doesn't negate my point. I know quite a few people that neither got expelled, nor were fired/disciplined from their jobs when they got their DUIs. 2 different people had 2 of them. One was a teacher.
If you’re talking strictly about expulsion, not that many. You’d have to have a pretty egregious offense or be a repeat offender to get to the point where the school would consider expelling you. But expulsion is only one of several types of punishments universities might impose on a student convicted of a DUI.

As of a few years ago, roughly half of the University of Florida students convicted of a DUI were suspended for one semester. They were administratively withdrawn from all classes, did not receive a refund of any paid tuition and had to apply for readmission the next semester. Those who weren’t suspended generally were placed on probation for the semester, had to perform community service and attend counseling.

There are other schools that have much stricter policies and mandate things like an automatic one semester suspension without the benefit of a hearing for any underage student convicted of a DUI.

Point being, most students convicted of a DUI receive some form of school punishment. The severity of that punishment will vary based on policy differences and factors like whether it’s a first offense and degree of intoxication.

Maybe they didn’t charge him because he legit didn’t know? Just spitballing. It was really weird to hear them discuss it.
That seems more like a legal issue than an eligibility one though. I do wonder if the car he was driving was associated with an unregistered NIL deal.

FACTS, argue with them.
🙄

I don't know anything about CRod's situation other than what I have read here. But I think the majority think he is facing a suspension for the DUI. Most thinking 1 game. But there is some question about whatever else is involved which could result in more games.

Here is what I think is happening, suspended first game, with questions about how many games he is suspended. Well if UK fans don't know if he is playing against UF. A very good chance the UF coaching staff doesn't know either. They have to prepare for him, which takes time away from preparing for UK's passing game.

I don't know anything about CRod's situation other than what I have read here. But I think the majority think he is facing a suspension for the DUI. Most thinking 1 game. But there is some question about whatever else is involved which could result in more games.

Here is what I think is happening, suspended first game, with questions about how many games he is suspended. Well if UK fans don't know if he is playing against UF. A very good chance the UF coaching staff doesn't know either. They have to prepare for him, which takes time away from preparing for UK's passing game.
Grumpy. This makes too much sense for most people to understand. UK should announce he is suspended until he has completed his repentance - then announce he is playing in Florida game has he enters the field for the game - lol!

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT