ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors On What Top Quality Running Back/Pass Catcher UK May Be Pursuing in Portal

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
With the success, Kentucky has had with Benny Snell, C Rod and this year Ray Davis one could make the case UK is very good with Running Backs doing well in our offensive scheme. I know the freshman Jamarion Wilcox ( Believe that’s his name) could be promising, but does anyone know of any rumored portal running backs UK might be looking at who would have mutual interest in coming to UK?

Think we have other youngsters that are already on the roster/signed, yes? Wright was injured but has shown a flash or two. Mizell? DSK. Yes, we could use another RB with a variety of skills but not sure we need a RB1 who will take snaps from some promising younger guys. JMO

Think UK would like an experienced RB with 1000+ yd potential and given their ability to produce same would be attractive to a portal guy. Have no idea who that may be. Yes, UK has some promising young backs but there's enough carries to keep everybody fresh.

Don't know about WR either but North Texas transfer Maclin already has 1000 yd production under his belt.

Think UK would like an experienced RB with 1000+ yd potential and given their ability to produce same would be attractive to a portal guy. Have no idea who that may be. Yes, UK has some promising young backs but there's enough carries to keep everybody fresh.

Don't know about WR either but North Texas transfer Maclin already has 1000 yd production under his belt.
Agree. Need an experienced power RB that can move the chains on short yardage. Don’t know who that will be but shouldn’t be a hard sell for our staff given our history. Should be several available just need to find the right fit. Definitely need an experienced WR/slot type player as well. Next couple weeks gonna be exciting to say the least with portal and NSD.

Reactions: mrschwump
Agree. Need an experienced power RB that can move the chains on short yardage. Don’t know who that will be but shouldn’t be a hard sell for our staff given our history. Should be several available just need to find the right fit. Definitely need an experienced WR/slot type player as well. Next couple weeks gonna be exciting to say the least with portal and NSD.
Keep in mind the portal actually isn't open yet, won't be until Dec 4. Also, I imagine at most places finals won't be until next week or the week after. But should be hearing stuff in the next week/10 days.

Reactions: UKfirst
We also have Patterson coming in. He was their top back they were pursuing and I believe led Florida in rushing yards.

Reactions: maroon79
I don’t think Wright makes it out the spring before hitting the portal. I’d expect a portal addition for RB1 and DSK coming in to shift into the slot and come on 3rd. If Wilcox is as good as his ranking out of HS suggest then he should get a few hundred on the ground this season. But 1 more to come in a play right away is a must after losing at least 5 RBs in the last two years for various reason. Room is getting a little thin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT