ADVERTISEMENT

BVG might be the most overhyped….

It's amazing that the ratings missed so badly on him. I don't think they give out a lot of 5 stars for QB's. So he either killed it against overmatched opponents in high school or got a big bump up from committing to Georgia. Could be a combination of both. Some of the blame goes to our offensive line, receivers, and coaches, but he also brings a lot of the problems on himself.

Maybe it's him but Stoops also has a terrible track record with QB development. I'm not convinced that it's all Brock's fault.

When is this board going to stop falling for the hype of QBs coming here? We have had bad QB play for probably 10 of Stoops’ 12 years here. A good QB isn’t going to come here and play in this offense. We need to start assuming there’s a reason these guys are choosing to come and it’s not because they’re really good QBs.

Reactions: mattrudd
As bad as he’s been, it’s hard to look good when the tackles can’t block a statue. But he’s not exactly lived up to anything you expect when you get a 5 star that’s for sure.

Undisciplined on both sides of the ball and why do we think we need to fight and act all tough after every pass play??? We look stupid and dumb, pretty embarrassing to watch with other team fans especially when they point it out.

Did he play terrible vs Vandy? I must have missed that…

15-25 for 160 yards passing ….ran for another 40 yards rushing. 1 Td passing …should have had an interception ( don’t know why that got overturned)

He had three passes deleted due to nonsense holding calls

I didn’t see a bad qb play last night….i do see a poor offensive scheme …

1. As mentioned why we force Wimsatt into rotation is middle school stuff It not only take Brock out of potential rhythm but wilcox average 11 yards a carry….and got 3 touches….we need to get our playmakers touches…a run only qb ain’t a threat

2. This Oline is poor…pass blocking is a task, the penalties are drive killlers and the whole group is essentially jr/sr😳

3. Stoops has been here and all but Levis first year and some of Stephen Johnson-Smith 😄 last year…it’s been a below average sec offense. He has to wear it at this point

^Agree, K. BV wasn't our biggest problem last night. Both OTs drew 2 holding calls, nullifying good yardage. Cox also jumped the snap on the drive in the 3rd quarter that took a TD off the board and we ended up screwing up the FG and got nothing.

Rotating QBs is asinine. Never throwing to TEs and rarely over the middle makes no sense. Not being able to find weaknesses and exploit them until the D adjusts is a failure of the whole offensive staff.

Wilcox runs hard, picks up good yardage pretty much every carry and gets 3 carries. That's dumb. We seem to have only a small number of pass plays that call for getting the ball out quickly. Even when it's a short yardage situation, we call plays that are 15+ yards down the field. A six yard pass for a first down is perfectly acceptable - just ask Vandy. Every play doesn't have to be explosive.

Offensive staff doesn't appear to design the game plan very well or intelligently. No rhythm to the play calling. No apparent plays that are being set up. No misdirection or creativity. Disappointed to say the least.

I didn’t see a bad qb play last night….i do see a poor offensive scheme …
Unfortunately this is what I see as well. The scheme is unimaginative and predictable making it easy for opposing defenders and you combine that with an O-line that plays good in spurts but then has breakdowns at seemingly the worst possible times. I mean every time I see BV scrambling towards the sideline I'm thinking "which tackle will be called for holding this time?"

They have the pieces to be fielding a much better offense then what we are seeing, but it's just not working. I hate the thought of bringing in yet another new OC next year with another new scheme to learn but at this point that may be their only choice unless there are major upticks soon.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
It’s not all the OC — it’s Stoops . His grind it out philosophy shines brightly on every OC … recall the man went a year with a QB who didn’t pass the ball . period . And he won with it . It’s was a thing of beauty to Coach .. not having to call worrisome pass plays :(

^Agree, K. BV wasn't our biggest problem last night. Both OTs drew 2 holding calls, nullifying good yardage. Cox also jumped the snap on the drive in the 3rd quarter that took a TD off the board and we ended up screwing up the FG and got nothing.

Rotating QBs is asinine. Never throwing to TEs and rarely over the middle makes no sense. Not being able to find weaknesses and exploit them until the D adjusts is a failure of the whole offensive staff.

Wilcox runs hard, picks up good yardage pretty much every carry and gets 3 carries. That's dumb. We seem to have only a small number of pass plays that call for getting the ball out quickly. Even when it's a short yardage situation, we call plays that are 15+ yards down the field. A six yard pass for a first down is perfectly acceptable - just ask Vandy. Every play doesn't have to be explosive.

Offensive staff doesn't appear to design the game plan very well or intelligently. No rhythm to the play calling. No apparent plays that are being set up. No misdirection or creativity. Disappointed to say the least.
The tackles get holding calls because they aren’t very good and Brock holds the ball too long

It’s not all the OC — it’s Stoops . His grind it out philosophy shines brightly on every OC … recall the man went a year with a QB who didn’t pass the ball . period . And he won with it . It’s was a thing of beauty to Coach .. not having to call worrisome pass plays :(
Hamdan runs the very same scheme here that he did at Boise. Therein lies some of your problem IMO. Stoops doesn't "meddle" in the offense that's a myth. He's a defensive coach and knows his limitation.

I may be in the minority but if Coen hadn't left we could very well be undefeated at that point, but that's water under the dam. I understand that fingers are being pointed at Stoops and as head coach he does bare responsibility for the performance of the team as a whole, including the numerus penalties, and the inability of the offense to score enough points. Game to game consistency just doesn't seem to be there. How much of that is on Stoops and how much belongs elsewhere can be debated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT