ADVERTISEMENT

Burks is committing Wednesday

I'm a big fan of Kaluma but my worry is if he demands to start what will Cal do?Would he make him the starting 4 and risk pissing off Bradshaw?
Maybe he could talk Bradshaw into playing the 5 with a promise of a Toppin like commercial from last season.

I'm a big fan of Kaluma but my worry is if he demands to start what will Cal do?Would he make him the starting 4 and risk pissing off Bradshaw?
Cal needs to be Cal in this situation and sell it as positionless basketball. That use to be his catch phrase.

He needs to tell Kaluma and Bradshaw that they will both start together and both play on the perimeter at times.

In a modern motion offense, you don’t sit your five man on the block, you move him out and let him set screens, cut to the basket, PnR, PnP if he has range, etc.

Shouldn’t matter who plays the 5 and who plays the 4.

Positionless basketball. Cal made it a catch phrase a few seasons back. He needs to own it and get back to actually playing that way.

Cal needs to be Cal in this situation and sell it as positionless basketball. That use to be his catch phrase.

He needs to tell Kaluma and Bradshaw that they will both start together and both play on the perimeter at times.

In a modern motion offense, you don’t sit your five man on the block, you move him out and let him set screens, cut to the basket, PnR, PnP if he has range, etc.

Shouldn’t matter who plays the 5 and who plays the 4.

Positionless basketball. Cal made it a catch phrase a few seasons back. He needs to own it and get back to actually playing that way.
Agree.He's really going to have to get back to guy he used to be and have the guys buy into it.

Reactions: Cayts69
Amen!

This is exactly how I would approach it.

Need two vets in there with the top three Freshmen.

Tell them not to worry about what number they are (a 4 or a 5 or whatever) and just play ball.
I don’t get the ones that say dillingham is a lock starter. Dillingham is a perfect sixth man and ugo is a good backup big. Reed/theiro/burks all can give mins to

Booker and Track are low IQ posters who do nothing but bitch and complain. Plenty of us who want Cal gone are even sick of your constant, blatant hate and complaining about any and everything.

Two fans with unrealistic expectations, the faction of our fan base that give us a bad name by being overly ignorant and delusional with expectations. Two of the absolute worst posters on the board.

No one wants us to become Indiana, plenty of us sick of you two want Cal gone as well. Multiple posters who ate real fans come at you two daily lately, it's over the top ignorance and those of us who aren't petulant children are tired of you two polluting every thread with doom, gloom and just pure hate.

Wagner, reeves, Edwards Kaluma and bradshaw should be the lineup if he can get the last two pieces and preach positionless basketball
Except Bradshaw simply refuses to not start at PF and sadly I think he would leave and go to OTE or G-League a month into the season if we tried to force him to Center. He is going to have to play some Center but I think starting at Center he would leave before he would do it. Chris Livingston situation 2.0

If we go into this season with 6 freshmen, 2 sophomores, and Reeves (if he comes back) we will absolutely get destroyed by teams in college basketball this year! We will absolutely go no where and probably be lucky to make the NIT.
We do at least need one 'man' inside, whether that be Kaluma or some other not-yet-known guy (teams are poaching our players, so lets poach some too).

Except Bradshaw simply refuses to not start at PF and sadly I think he would leave and go to OTE or G-League a month into the season if we tried to force him to Center. He is going to have to play some Center but I think starting at Center he would leave before he would do it. Chris Livingston situation 2.0
I think there is a LOT of speculation on Bradshaw (and where he insists playing & starting).
And I am not a Bradshaw fan, I think he will disappoint most fans (not be bad, but not be good because too weak).

Reactions: G-PIP
Who knows if Bradshaw really made demands it could just be rumors .

Boogie said Cal promised him he would play SF and once he got here he wouldn’t let him dribble the ball up the court in practice .

Reactions: G-PIP
I have zero problems with the young man or his skill level. No problems with whathe may bring to the team. Glad he is hopefully coming to UK.

My problems are with Cal letting experienced talented players pass by while he stares at the NBA logo and pets his dogs. Trying to throw together another roster. Just looks lazy and uninvolved. But this is how things are done now for no reasonable meaning.
that is the problem........ccc let all of the top talent go else where knowing that Oscar & Livingston were gone. Now, he will cater to the wishes of Reeves, a transfer from Ill St, instead of signing a replacement for him. Too much of the players ruling the program. Why pay this clown 9 Million a year, when he has no control over anything and is too stubborn to change.

Looks like other heavy hitters were involved with this player as well...

Jordan Burks was hearing from LSU, Georgetown, NC State, Miami, and Michigan State, yet a close connection with Ole Miss ultimately propelled the 2023 Southern California Academy wing to pull the trigger.

Ole Miss learned about Burks at the 11th hour, after his recruitment had already taken off.

Ole Miss assistant coach Brock Morris trekked out to Florida to see the multi talented 6-foot-9 wing last spring. He was offered and wound up committing shortly afterward.

“Ole Miss just felt like a second home to me really,” said Burks, who will be one of many highly touted recruits in this weekend’s Prep National Showcase in New Haven, CT. “What attracted me about them is that they treated me like a person first, not just a basketball player or a recruit. They wanted to see me develop as a young man first and foremost and cared for me as a person. It didn’t feel like it was just business.”

The opportunity to make an immediate meaningful impact also appealed to Burks, who oozes of pro potential with vertical explosiveness, two-way versatility, a 7-foot-2 wingspan, and the ability to see the floor and create plays.

“Seniors (currently at Ole Miss) are leaving after this year, fifth year guys are leaving after this year, there’s the opportunity to come in and do my thing right away,” Burks explained.

“I’ve already developed a relationship with (2023 senior and Ole Miss commit) Josh Hubbard. We’ve talked on the phone and we just want to achieve something great and do something special over there.”

Burks, who was offered by Florida State and Florida as a junior while at Central Pointe Christian Academy in Kissimmee, Fla., is known as a prolific scorer.

You complain about literally everything. We could sign LeBron James tomorrow and you would complain.

You can't demand that we use all 13 scholarships and about how we won't have practice bodies (which I have seen you do so many times), and then ALSO complain about signing the leading scorer in OTE this year who is almost certainly a multi-year guy/depth piece.

I am not excited about this guy coming in and averaging 15 PPG next year. I'm excited that we'll have a guy of this caliber hopefully in the program for a few years because his ceiling is high.

Jeezuz we have the worst fans in America, and they can all be found right here on Rupp Rafters.
So your going to guarantee that he will be at UK multiple years, didn’t work out to well this year. I’m not the greatest UK Fan but I’m a realist, something is wrong with the program.

Reactions: Fox2monk
So your going to guarantee that he will be at UK multiple years, didn’t work out to well this year. I’m not the greatest UK Fan but I’m a realist, something is wrong with the program.

When did I guarantee that?

That's like saying you should never date the girl at all because she MIGHT break-up with you one day.

So what's your solution, YardCat? Just not take any more commitments this summer because there isn't a guarantee they stay multiple years? Just roll into the season with 7 guys?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT