ADVERTISEMENT

Burks is committing Wednesday

Longterm plan?When does Cal jeep players around to develop?I can count them on one hand.
I'm envisioning Cal behind the wheel in Olive Drab wearing a toboggan and a pair of Radar glasses.

Last edited:
Dude you are one of the biggest Calbois on this board.Please name me all those guys who stuck aeound that Cal developed.

You just say that to anyone that disagrees with you.

You call them that because you think it's an ultimate trump card, when literally it couldn't be further from the truth.

You just blindly throw shit at the wall with zero proof, but you think you can call anyone that disagrees with you a "calboi" or whatever homo-erotic phrase you come up with that day and think you win. And you are STILL a miserable human being.

It's way PAST time for Cal to go, this off-season has been a disaster, I have posted on here about that for MONTHS but you'd rather just make stuff up because you think that makes you "win" an argument, when in actuality it just makes you an idiot.

Just once I wish I could log onto this board and see you shut the **** up and spare us all some brain cells.

Name me ONE good reason why we shouldn't use our 12th and 13th scholarships on guys like this? If you can name me ONE reason you don't think this kid is worthy of being a bench guy for us, I'll give you some props. Tell me why this guy isn't good enough to be the 13th man on our roster and I'll respect it, but I can't find one, legitimate reason to not take this guy as a practice player and hope for future development.

Meh.Nothing wrong with talking about whay you think of a player's skill.They get NIL now so we can't say they are just kids.
Talking about their skills is fine (which that poster did not do in any way) but too often a player gets trashed simply due to a posters hatred of Cal. People looking for that homerun signee that will save the season unnecessarily unload on someone who does not deserve it when they don't meet that expectation.

Last edited:
I like the addition if he does indeed commit to Kentucky. Of course nothing is given the way players leave early all of the time but a player who could end up staying a few years like Willis or Hawkins for depth is fine with me. Would like to have an experienced transfer come in still.

If Hart commits to Kentucky I wonder if he is a good enough defender to play in Cals system. I always felt like that was why Cal prefers Athleticism over skill because he’s not going to run a zone to hide that he has someone on the court that struggles defending man to man.
Hart's not a bum athlete at all. He's got some bounce but he can shoot the ball. 41% from 3pt line in AAU and HS.

Sure hope they are right.
That's my stance. As long as these guys are in ADDITION, it's solid pulls that have far more talent than Cats have had with their 10-12 guys in a while. (Burks and Hart)

Tomorrow is a huge day with Calipari meeting with Antonio Reeves. After that, I'm hoping Arthur Kaluma is the focal point and then a Grad Transfer Big or Somto Cyril.

I haven’t seen hardly anything on him so I wasn’t sure how good he was defensively. Thanks for the info
Here's a cringe commentary but some clips from him in some IN All Star game that is played in a "Hoosiers" setting that shows him in open court and jumping. Is he Rex Chapman? Hell no. But he's not CJ Fredrick either. He didn't roll an ankle or break his leg coming down after his dunks.

That's my stance. As long as these guys are in ADDITION, it's solid pulls that have far more talent than Cats have had with their 10-12 guys in a while. (Burks and Hart)

Tomorrow is a huge day with Calipari meeting with Antonio Reeves. After that, I'm hoping Arthur Kaluma is the focal point and then a Grad Transfer Big or Somto Cyril.

Thank you.

This is all I have been saying.

This is a good addition so long as there are guys coming that "move the needle".

It sounds like Graf was talking about 4 players- 2 that "move the needle" and 2 that don't, but would be good additions. Burkes and Hart are the 2 that don't move the needle, and would be depth/development pieces.

So long as we get Reeves back and a guy like Kaluma/Jones, I am happy. Get Kulma AND Jones, or one of those guys AND Cyril, I am over the moon.

Time will tell.

You just say that to anyone that disagrees with you.

You call them that because you think it's an ultimate trump card, when literally it couldn't be further from the truth.

You just blindly throw shit at the wall with zero proof, but you think you can call anyone that disagrees with you a "calboi" or whatever homo-erotic phrase you come up with that day and think you win. And you are STILL a miserable human being.

It's way PAST time for Cal to go, this off-season has been a disaster, I have posted on here about that for MONTHS but you'd rather just make stuff up because you think that makes you "win" an argument, when in actuality it just makes you an idiot.

Just once I wish I could log onto this board and see you shut the **** up and spare us all some brain cells.

Name me ONE good reason why we shouldn't use our 12th and 13th scholarships on guys like this? If you can name me ONE reason you don't think this kid is worthy of being a bench guy for us, I'll give you some props. Tell me why this guy isn't good enough to be the 13th man on our roster and I'll respect it, but I can't find one, legitimate reason to not take this guy as a practice player and hope for future development.
You mad bro?Sound like my wife when she's in a rant during her time of month.

What evidence is there at all that Kaluma is even considering Kentucky?

Here's a cringe commentary but some clips from him in some IN All Star game that is played in a "Hoosiers" setting that shows him in open court and jumping. Is he Rex Chapman? Hell no. But he's not CJ Fredrick either. He didn't roll an ankle or break his leg coming down after his dunks.

We need guys like him. That kid could be a really good college player after a few years. What’s your opinion on the new assistant Cal hired John Welch?

We need guys like him. That kid could be a really good college player after a few years. What’s your opinion on the new assistant Cal hired John Welch?
Welch is the best hire Calipari has made since bringing in Kenny Payne. Think Welch is better with workouts too and Payne was notorious but Payne was so personable with guys and would live in gym with them and could talk to them about their experiences because he shared them as a big time recruit, big time player and then NBA player. But Welch is special in terms of player development and all I needed to know from friend is that Jerry West, Pat Riley, and Hubie Brown all speak highly of him and George Karl loved him as did Tim Grgurich--a guy who is often forgotten but is known as one of the great and most loved Assistants by players due to him never wanting the limelight but wanting to live in the gym working with them on their game--worked for Tark at UNLV and with Karl with Sonics/Nuggets. Welch worked for Tark at Fresno State and Karl with Nuggets as well.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Has some of Malik Monk’s skill traits.

I’d take his offense skills over CL. Shooting, dribbling, passing and creating shots.

Just saw where Jimmy Butler was a 2 star Draymond Green a 3 star S Curry not ranked SGA 3 so guys can improve . All high iq bball guys.

Burks could be one of those guys. Looks like he has multiple skills and can shoot and score at all levels.
Draymond Green was a mid to upper 4* and almost ended up in Lexington.. Least my memory says so..

Welch is the best hire Calipari has made since bringing in Kenny Payne. Think Welch is better with workouts too and Payne was notorious but Payne was so personable with guys and would live in gym with them and could talk to them about their experiences because he shared them as a big time recruit, big time player and then NBA player. But Welch is special in terms of player development and all I needed to know from friend is that Jerry West, Pat Riley, and Hubie Brown all speak highly of him and George Karl loved him as did Tim Grgurich--a guy who is often forgotten but is known as one of the great and most loved Assistants by players due to him never wanting the limelight but wanting to live in the gym working with them on their game--worked for Tark at UNLV and with Karl with Sonics/Nuggets. Welch worked for Tark at Fresno State and Karl with Nuggets as well.

Players absolutely love the guy. Our own Demarcus Cousins among them. The dude is tireless. He was tireless in his 40s, his 50s, and is as tireless now in his 60s as he was during those times. Competitive and relentless too. This is probably our best assistant under Coach Cal and that's no slap in the face of Kenny Payne or any assistant anywhere else John Welch has been.

Im glad we have him on staff then. I don’t keep up much with the NBA so I didn’t really know that much about him. I’m really hoping this season is a good one. I’d like for the slump we’re in to be over with.

I like the idea of getting Burks and Hart.

Also want Cyril.

But we also need experience.

Love to add those two as practice (with potential to play) players and then add Reeves and Kaluma.

Then finish up with Cyril.

That puts us at 12 scholarships.

I could see a rotation of Wagner, Dillingham, Reeves, Edwards, Kaluma, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Cyril being effective. Then you’ve got Thiero, Sheppard, Burks, and Hart for the 9th man spot.

Not what we were all hoping for this time last week, but better than just relying on the 7 guys we have right now.

But will Cal listen to him?
Welch's work is done in the gym separate from Cal and watching film in prep. Cal has been needing a guy who is in his ear. Think the best part of Robic and the best part of Payne combined.

If you want to talk about "players first"--this is the aspect Fans WANT to see them put first--their development on the court and behind the scenes. This helps them but also helps the program win games.

Im glad we have him on staff then. I don’t keep up much with the NBA so I didn’t really know that much about him. I’m really hoping this season is a good one. I’d like for the slump we’re in to be over with.

So many good assistants in the NBA that you will never see in the head coaching position in college or the NBA.

I like the idea of getting Burks and Hart.

Also want Cyril.

But we also need experience.

Love to add those two as practice (with potential to play) players and then add Reeves and Kaluma.

Then finish up with Cyril.

That puts us at 12 scholarships.

I could see a rotation of Wagner, Dillingham, Reeves, Edwards, Kaluma, Bradshaw, Onyenso, and Cyril being effective. Then you’ve got Thiero, Sheppard, Burks, and Hart for the 9th man spot.

Not what we were all hoping for this time last week, but better than just relying on the 7 guys we have right now.
Like your thinking. If you can get Cyril--I'd look for a Big Man as a Grad Transfer to go with hopefully returning Reeves and adding a veteran forward like Kaluma (my personal hope but if it's someone experienced and talented, I'm all for it)

Reactions: bucsrule8872
With the way things work with NIL and the portal, I wouldn’t blame nba guys for not wanting to be a college head coach.

I think I'd rather have the job where the players basically are coming to me and not me having to chase them around and worry how many times they are going to change their minds. Plus, money wise, the HC has no real worry about that.

I'm a big fan of Kaluma but my worry is if he demands to start what will Cal do?Would he make him the starting 4 and risk pissing off Bradshaw?

I think I'd rather have the job where the players basically are coming to me and not me having to chase them around and worry how many times they are going to change their minds. Plus, money wise, the HC has no real worry about that.
Yeah I know what you mean. Now in the off-season, coaches have to worry about what teams are recruiting players on your roster and all that crap with the portal.

Reactions: crawfords corner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT