ADVERTISEMENT

Burks is committing Wednesday

Has some of Malik Monk’s skill traits.

I’d take his offense skills over CL. Shooting, dribbling, passing and creating shots.

Just saw where Jimmy Butler was a 2 star Draymond Green a 3 star S Curry not ranked SGA 3 so guys can improve . All high iq bball guys.

Burks could be one of those guys. Looks like he has multiple skills and can shoot and score at all levels.

Last edited:
That’s gonna be my assumption for him and Hart. Just where college ball is and especially at Kentucky. Adou is a unique situation. Hopeful Burks can provide some help this year. Seems to be a unicorn but maybe just a bit underweight. Love his upside.
If Hart commits to Kentucky I wonder if he is a good enough defender to play in Cals system. I always felt like that was why Cal prefers Athleticism over skill because he’s not going to run a zone to hide that he has someone on the court that struggles defending man to man.

This is a great pick up. We have some seriously talented kids coming in, we just need bodies now. This dude is more than a body and yet several still bitch

I'm strongly on record wanting Cal gone. So don't come at with cal cult BS...some of yall are just never happy. Yeah, Cal should've hit the portal harder and planned on losing Oscar, Reeves and Livingston....for whatever reason he didn't. We have our starters though, we just need depth and coverage from injuries. BTW are starters are young, but they are damn good. I'm gonna support this team this year and quietly hope our coach hangs itbuo after the season and takes his million a year to be an ambassador.

Under the circumstances, I'm pleased with this move.

This is a great pick up. We have some seriously talented kids coming in, we just need bodies now. This dude is more than a body and yet several still bitch

I'm strongly on record wanting Cal gone. So don't come at with cal cult BS...some of yall are just never happy. Yeah, Cal should've hit the portal harder and planned on losing Oscar, Reeves and Livingston....for whatever reason he didn't. We have our starters though, we just need depth and coverage from injuries. BTW are starters are young, but they are damn good. I'm gonna support this team this year and quietly hope our coach hangs itbuo after the season and takes his million a year to be an ambassador.

We have our starters?You think Ugo is ready for that?

Reactions: Wildcats1st

I agree with you

Reactions: stuway and thedahc
82 ESPN grading system. Player has the potential to significantly contribute to a high-major program over four years. So, someone sees something in this young man. We have people in here acting like were bring in Lance Ware again.

82 ESPN grading system. Player has the potential to significantly contribute to a high-major program over four years. So, someone sees something in this young man. We have people in here acting like were bring in Lance Ware again.

Oh yeah, Cal’s record certainly indicates he’ll be here for four years…

WTF does wherever he plays have to do with the potential of Jordan Burks. Its 11pm on a Sunday, I aint playing no goal post moving games. Maybe thats why you idiots are having trouble with reading comprehension. Idk.

Sure man asking for ONE good portal player makes me a bad fan.But keep crawling up Cal's ass.

Dude you can literally go f*ck yourself because of how far up your OWN ass you are.

I have been as critical of Cal as just about anyone on this board. That is how unaware you are.

BUT I can still recognize when something is a good move or when I think in the long-run it'll turn out well.

I was excited when we signed Thiero, not because I thought he'd be a contributor last year, but because I thought he was a great long-term option which Cal has recruited far too few of.

This is the same thing.

But you just have literal BLIND HATE. It doesn't matter what happens, you will find a reason to be upset about it. Just like people do with Trump and Biden. "I hate Trump so even when he does something amazing I'm still going to find a way to pout and whine about it".

It's wild.

About 75% of this board is critical (rightfully so)- but about 5% of this board are so over-the-top critical that it is just literal blind hate, and no matter what happens, they complain.

You are in that 5%.

There's another 5% that are the opposite, no matter what happens, they pump sunshine.

Both groups are equally awful and everyone hates them.

This offseason has been a trainwreck, BUT signing Burns is a good move for the long-term of our Program and I think he has great upside down the road. It's as simple as that.

I'm fine with this signing, assuming we get reeves back and one more other experienced player for the front court.

Dude you can literally go f*ck yourself because of how far up your OWN ass you are.

I have been as critical of Cal as just about anyone on this board. That is how unaware you are.

BUT I can still recognize when something is a good move or when I think in the long-run it'll turn out well.

I was excited when we signed Thiero, not because I thought he'd be a contributor last year, but because I thought he was a great long-term option which Cal has recruited far too few of.

This is the same thing.

But you just have literal BLIND HATE. It doesn't matter what happens, you will find a reason to be upset about it. Just like people do with Trump and Biden. "I hate Trump so even when he does something amazing I'm still going to find a way to pout and whine about it".

It's wild.

About 75% of this board is critical (rightfully so)- but about 5% of this board are so over-the-top critical that it is just literal blind hate, and no matter what happens, they complain.

You are in that 5%.

There's another 5% that are the opposite, no matter what happens, they pump sunshine.

This offseason has been a trainwreck, BUT signing Burns is a good move for the long-term of our Program and I think he has great upside down the road. It's as simple as that.
Longterm plan?When does Cal jeep players around to develop?I can count them on one hand.

This is the same thing.

It's wild.

You are in that 5%.

Dude you are one of the biggest Calbois on this board.Please name me all those guys who stuck aeound that Cal developed.

You justified your position by an ESPN rating scale indicating he has potential to be a 4 year contributor. When has Cal ever had a kid like that stay around?
Willis and Hawkins say hello.

2 ky boys.
WCS 3 years toppin 3 years Darius Miller, liggins. Obviously getting pieces like that who may not contribute year 1 in major roles but grow into guys you can count on to do their job is important. That is something we have been missing. Adou last year was a good pick up so continuing to get a guy or two like that every year would seem to be a good move no?

Reactions: grevey35
I have zero problems with the young man or his skill level. No problems with whathe may bring to the team. Glad he is hopefully coming to UK.

My problems are with Cal letting experienced talented players pass by while he stares at the NBA logo and pets his dogs. Trying to throw together another roster. Just looks lazy and uninvolved. But this is how things are done now for no reasonable meaning.

WCS 3 years toppin 3 years Darius Miller, liggins. Obviously getting pieces like that who may not contribute year 1 in major roles but grow into guys you can count on to do their job is important. That is something we have been missing. Adou last year was a good pick up so continuing to get a guy or two like that every year would seem to be a good move no?
Also didn't have the portal and NIL back then.

I have zero problems with the young man or his skill level. No problems with whathe may bring to the team. Glad he is hopefully coming to UK.

My problems are with Cal letting experienced talented players pass by while he stares at the NBA logo and pets his dogs. Trying to throw together another roster. Just looks lazy and uninvolved. But this is how things are done now for no reasonable meaning.
Exactly.Why don't people see the problem?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Meanwhile Arkansas and Bama getting visits by Grant Nelson and this is our so called great news.UK is turning into a joke.
People are really split on Nelson. Sisk said he was not impressed by him at the NBA combine. His tape looks pretty good, but people who are in the know aren't super impressed.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Arkansas and Bama getting visits by Grant Nelson and this is our so called great news.UK is turning into a joke.
This is just plain unnecessary. It's not like we only had one scholarship to work with. I think it is a nice pickup if he sticks around long enough to reach his potential. I get that you despise Cal but I think you are being unfair to Mr. Burks.

Reactions: treyforuk
This is just plain unnecessary. It's not like we only had one scholarship to work with. I think it is a nice pickup if he sticks around long enough to reach his potential. I get that you despise Cal but I think you are being unfair to Mr. Burks.
Meh.Nothing wrong with talking about whay you think of a player's skill.They get NIL now so we can't say they are just kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT