ADVERTISEMENT

Burks is committing Wednesday

Wagner, reeves, Edwards Kaluma and bradshaw should be the lineup if he can get the last two pieces and preach positionless basketball
I would not start Reeves after the way that he has gone about this entire ordeal. Everyone knew that he would not make the NBA cut, but trying out is fine. But waiting until the deadline to announce he was returning & then throwing the transfer comment out is total crap. IMO, he saw that ccc did nothing to replace anyone that left and took advantage of that. I just don't like that kind of crap and that is the way everything and everybody is today. I would have replaced him after the 1st two weeks, but that is just me.

Instead of positionless basketball, a more appropriate name would be coachless basketball

1st round picks based on potential. They won’t be able to get the ultimate goal in college. They may be great in 3 years.
Yep. Even with super talented Freshmen we probably won’t win a title.

You need veterans, Junior and Senior laden teams like we’ve had the last two seasons if we want to get anywhere close to a title.

Oh wait…

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Except Bradshaw simply refuses to not start at PF and sadly I think he would leave and go to OTE or G-League a month into the season if we tried to force him to Center. He is going to have to play some Center but I think starting at Center he would leave before he would do it. Chris Livingston situation 2.0
Let him play the 4 on offense. Pull him out on the perimeter like Toppin and Brooks the last two seasons.

Put Kaluma at the 5, but play a 5 out system. That will pull big men away from the basket and create driving lanes for the guards.

On defense, put Bradshaw inside as the 5, patrolling the paint. If he is getting muscled inside by a stronger big man, put Kaluma on them and let him try to stop him. Kaluma is 6’7, 225 lbs., he shouldn’t be a push over.

Besides, all this Bradshaw has to play the 4 stuff is mere speculation.

The truth is, the kid is not built to camp out on the block on offense like Tshiebwe.

But neither was AD.

There’s more ways to run an offense than “post up your 5 man and try to feed him.”

IMHO, we should let it play out and see what happens before speculating about a kid leaving mid-season because of his role. That’s a bit of a jump.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
This from a loser like you who bragged about having 100 user names on here...
Complete lie as per usual. Lies and accusations, rinse and repeat is what you do because you have no substance. Zero.

Please pull up my post where I brag about multiple user names. I'll wait. Time for you to actually back up one of your claims for once. Just one time. Go ahead

I have one username and it is the same one that has been here significantly longer than you.

I feel much much better about the season then I have the last 3 season. The key was not getting players here like Frederick, Toppin, Minz.

• Haha
Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Cal will say 2,345 times next year
1. We are the youngest team in college basketball
2. I like my team
3. They aren’t computers or robots
4. We play for March
5. You people are crazy
6. You basketball beenies will watch the game 6 times
7. It’s a process
8. Haven’t talked to <insert any player name the media asks about>

Let him play the 4 on offense. Pull him out on the perimeter like Toppin and Brooks the last two seasons.

Put Kaluma at the 5, but play a 5 out system. That will pull big men away from the basket and create driving lanes for the guards.

On defense, put Bradshaw inside as the 5, patrolling the paint. If he is getting muscled inside by a stronger big man, put Kaluma on them and let him try to stop him. Kaluma is 6’7, 225 lbs., he shouldn’t be a push over.

Besides, all this Bradshaw has to play the 4 stuff is mere speculation.

The truth is, the kid is not built to camp out on the block on offense like Tshiebwe.

But neither was AD.

There’s more ways to run an offense than “post up your 5 man and try to feed him.”

IMHO, we should let it play out and see what happens before speculating about a kid leaving mid-season because of his role. That’s a bit of a jump.
The four and the five need to be legitimate threats from outside for that to work. If they aren’t opposing teams will just Wheeler us and pack the paint.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Cal will say 2,345 times next year
1. We are the youngest team in college basketball
2. I like my team
3. They aren’t computers or robots
4. We play for March
5. You people are crazy
6. You basketball beenies will watch the game 6 times
7. It’s a process
8. Haven’t talked to <insert any player name the media asks about>
Also : (9)This isn't communism.

It’s annoying how people act like young players cannot dominate older players. If you think that than you obviously do not understand the game of basketball. It’s not about age and I promise these freshmen are better than 95% of these transfers and older players. There’s a reason these older guys haven’t went to the NBA yet.
That’s not how it works.

You would have a point if college basketball was one on one and these players weren't drafted because they have measurables and potential.

But the truth is, the teams that win in college basketball, are just that… teams and not a conglomerate of individual players and it is also true that these guys that get drafted are getting drafted because they will eventually be really good.

Some of these cbb teams have 24 and 25 year olds on them, they are more polished, stronger and they know how to use their bodies to their advantage.

Most freshmen have undeveloped bodies and are used to high school competition, college ball is a huge step up from HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT