ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

Season quickly going down the toilet for the Whosures. Romeo 0-11 from 3 in the past 3 games and only 21.7% for the year, with the Wolverines coming to town. Doesn't look good, for a team that sucks as bad as IU does. Wonder where all their fans are, claiming Romeo was going to get them to at least a Sweet 16 and maybe a Final 4? Maybe they meant the NIT, since that's where they're headed.

Last edited:
Yeah...overrated. Averaging 18ppg, 6 rpg, 2.5 apg. Just terrible. He never was considered a great shooter. Decent. Shot 36% from three in HS. He's a scorer. Elite at getting to the rim, and finishing. Very good in the lane. When his shot starts to fall---and it will, we can revisit this.

BTW, I like Keldon a ton. I think he's UK's best player. But curious as to why you take Keldon. Numbers are basically the same: Keldon 16ppg, 5 rpg, 1.3apg. He's shooting just 26% from three. So that's a push. I'd take Romeo b/c I think he's better defensively. A wing span of 7'. Has 17 steals on the year; Keldon has 4.

Either way, its a win/win with either of them.

Here is one of the morons that wanted Romeo over Keldon. Well pal, you said we would revisit this later so where are you? Keldon is shooting over 38% from 3 while your precious Romeo is at 21%. So does that answer your question as to why he wanted Keldon over Romeo? And it's not a win-win with either of them. It's a win with Keldon at UK and a loss (going to be 6 of them in a row this Sat) with Romeo. After all he is a scorching 0-11 from 3 in your last 3 games. Enjoy the NIT. While you are watching it, maybe you can convince yourself that Romeo is the best player in the losers tournament.

By the way good game against Seton Hall, enjoy the NIT.

Ouch. Boy, this guy sure had a rapier wit and knew how to make it sting with those NIT taunts. It's odd though. He used to live here, but he hasn't been around for a few weeks. What happened? I suspect he's sitting around mom's basement in his candy-striped PJs watching a Beta Max video from the 1980s.

3612.jpg
[roll]:basketball:[roll]

Ouch. Boy, this guy sure had a rapier wit and knew how to make it sting with those NIT taunts. It's odd though. He used to live here, but he hasn't been around for a few weeks. What happened? I suspect he's sitting around mom's basement in his candy-striped PJs watching a Beta Max video from the 1980s.
Nah, it doesn't bother me just a game. We do suck though you were right. This team/program's a joke. Sick of watching my alma mater go .500 every year.

Yeah it is what it is- UK will be a high seed in the NCAA tournament and you meth heads will end up in the NIT. It must suck to be an IU fan since you blow in basketball and football.
I've never even seen meth so I'm not sure I understand the reference. Either way it does suck, there's no guarantee we even make the NIT the way we're playing.

Remember Kent Sterling? He's the Indiana media homer who was always gabbing about "at least Indiana loses the right way" before the Kelvin Sanctions scandal and NCAA probation, and who predicted that Crean would be a much bigger success than Calipari.

He's pretty beat down these days. He had this summary on his website summarizing IUse2be's ineptitude after the fifth straight loss:

These are facts about Indiana Basketball – not theories or beliefs, but facts:
  • The youngest of the alums who last celebrated a National Championship at Showalter Fountain as IU students will turn 50 this year.
  • Steve Alford, the hero of that team, is 54.
  • There is not an undergrad at IU with any cognitive memory of Indiana’s last trip to the National Championship game, Final Four, or Elite Eight .
  • In 21 Big 10 Tournaments, every traditional Big 10 team has won at least once – other than Minnesota, Northwestern, and Indiana. In the last 10 Big Ten Tournaments, IU has won a total of four games.

Remember Kent Sterling? He's the Indiana media homer who was always gabbing about "at least Indiana loses the right way" before the Kelvin Sanctions scandal and NCAA probation, and who predicted that Crean would be a much bigger success than Calipari.

He's pretty beat down these days. He had this summary on his website summarizing IUse2be's ineptitude after the fifth straight loss:

• The youngest of the alums who last celebrated a National Championship at Showalter Fountain as IU students will turn 50 this year.
  • There is not an undergrad at IU with any cognitive memory of Indiana’s last trip to the National Championship game, Final Four, or Elite Eight .
  • In 21 Big 10 Tournaments, every traditional Big 10 team has won at least once – other than Minnesota, Northwestern, and Indiana. In the last 10 Big Ten Tournaments, IU has won a total of four games.
Sad, sad state of affairs.

The truth is that Indiana- despite two anomalous NCAA titles under Branch McCracken- wasn't much before Knight's arrival in 1971:

From 1939 (McCracken's first season, which coincided with the advent of the NCAA tournament) through 1971, Indiana:

*Had a record of 478-281 (63.0%)
*Had 9 losing seasons, and 2 more .500 seasons
*Had only 5 NCAA tournament appearances
*Won only 10 NCAA tournament games (with 7 coming in the two title years)
*Won only 5 Big 10 championships

Knight's first 16 years produced remarkable success, but from 1988-2000:

*He went 15-13 in the NCAA tournament, making only 1 FF and 2 regional finals
*Had 7 double-digit loss seasons
*Never finished higher than 18th in the AP poll, or advanced past the Sweet 16 from 1994 on.

In truth, what we're seeing from Indiana now is more who they are than the fantastic 16-year flash in the pan during the first half of Knight's tenure. They're more UCLA than they are UK, Duke or Kansas.

The truth is that Indiana- despite two anomalous NCAA titles under Branch McCracken- wasn't much before Knight's arrival in 1971:

From 1939 (McCracken's first season, which coincided with the advent of the NCAA tournament) through 1971, Indiana:

*Had a record of 478-281 (63.0%)
*Had 9 losing seasons, and 2 more .500 seasons
*Had only 5 NCAA tournament appearances
*Won only 10 NCAA tournament games (with 7 coming in the two title years)
*Won only 5 Big 10 championships

Knight's first 16 years produced remarkable success, but from 1988-2000:

*He went 15-13 in the NCAA tournament, making only 1 FF and 2 regional finals
*Had 7 double-digit loss seasons
*Never finished higher than 18th in the AP poll, or advanced past the Sweet 16 from 1994 on.

In truth, what we're seeing from Indiana now is more who they are than the fantastic 16-year flash in the pan during the first half of Knight's tenure. They're more UCLA than they are UK, Duke or Kansas.
Sadly this is true, we should definitely be making the tourney every year though. Zero reason to be a .500 team 3 straight years.(after this one)

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Well, after 6 in a row, this has to go back to the top of the board. As for our boy Romeo, you remember, the freshman who was infinitely better than Herro and Johnson? Well, his hot streak continued tonight. 3-12 while going 0-2 from 3. If I'm not mistaken, and I'm not, in his last 4 games he is a brisk 14-46 from the field, and 0-13 from 3 pt range. I can see why the Whosure fans thought he was so much better than our freshmen.

No wonder it is getting so cold in the Midwest. IU is sucking so badly, they are pulling all the arctic air into the region.

ADVERTISEMENT