ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

Indiana now 15-12.............

i99FxVg.gif

Even if you throw out Crean's first three disastrous seasons, give him a pass for "rebuilding," he's won only 59% of conference games and averaged a total of 11 losses a season.

Indiana is sucking so bad I feel the wind blowing to the north from southern Kentucky.

I think it is interesting to compare Crean with Tubby, who was eventually forced out at Kentucky. Crean is finishing his ninth year, and barring an outright win of the Big-10 tournament, will be lucky to make the NIT. Tubby lasted one more year after a lackluster 9th, in which he made the tournament but lost in the second round.

Here's how they compare in year 9:

Championships: Tubby 1. Crean 0.
Elite Eights: Tubby 4 Crean 0
Sweet 16s: Tubby 6 Crean 3
NCAA tournaments Tubby 9 Crean 4
Tourney wins Tubby 22 Crean 6
Conf. titles (reg. or tourney) Tubby 7 Crean 2

Of course, Crean is on the verge of turning it around. After he gets an extension this year, I suspect this chart will change dramatically in his favor.

Clappy goes down again to a bad Iowa team. I think he is through unfortunately.

The content of this thread tells me all I need to know----Some of you know Crean in all likelihood is out. And that worries you. Most of you on here are very knowledgeable. And though you loathe Indiana, you know with the right hire, Indiana could become a monster.

You guys know this.

The content of this thread tells me all I need to know----Some of you know Crean in all likelihood is out. And that worries you. Most of you on here are very knowledgeable. And though you loathe Indiana, you know with the right hire, Indiana could become a monster.

You guys know this.
30 years without a championship.
15 years without an elite eight.

I'm not sure that "monster" is the word I would use.

But since you are an IU fan, I'm sure the nightmares are real, so I can see why you used that word.

You guys know this.

In all fairness, with the right hire, any team in the country can become a contender. Unlike football, bball only needs 5 players to make a championship team. You guys have bombed with Davis, Sampson, and now Crean. I fully expect another bad hire.

You guys know this.

It doesn't worry us. You sucked before Clappy got there. We just love to see the misery continue, and tonight's game tells me all that I need to know. Your crowd acting like they won a conference title when they beat unranked Northwestern, by one, at Bloomington. Heck, they may even hang a banner for it. [jumpingsmile]

But since you are an IU fan, I'm sure the nightmares are real, so I can see why you used that word.

My God. 15 years without an elite eight is worse than 30 years without a championship IMO. That's just flat out hilarious and mind boggling how the Indiana fans have dealt with that.

I think pro sports (Manning era) and too many colleges in state splitting everything hurt Indiana in the end. Coupled with a few terrible hires and there you have it.

@IUfanBorden are there many differences in fans today than say 1980? How in the world do you allow a proud program to fall that hard? Serious question?

Reactions: brianpoe

Just an FYI:

Kentucky's longest period without going to the Elite Eight was 5 years. It has only happened once.

1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991

IndBreds move up to a 4 seed in the NIT

phone_home_zpsyxtzhibw.jpeg
bump.

shoot for the moon clappy. iu finishes @purdue, @ohio state. 16-13 and 6-10 in the big ten.

they might play their way in at 8-10 and 18-13. and clappy kept a rollin' all night long.

ADVERTISEMENT