ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

I'm not watching the game, but I'm sure the GREATEST coach in Indiana history, CTC of course, is using these overtimes to toughen up his team and getting them tourny ready! What a mastermind!

Reactions: hotelblue
Clappy with the lead in 3rd OT. Strutting around grinning like a shathouse rat.

Another MASTERFUL job by CTC! Why those knuckleheads would ever want to get rid of him is not LOGICAL
spock19.gif

Hyperbole aside, I'm literally amazed that Indiana has allowed this charade to continue. Why would you willingly give up all of that success and just accept this brand? 1987? What the hell is wrong with that fan base not demanding more? Talk about creating apathy. If UK ever got to that point, I'd probably not watch and give up the team. I won't root for an organization that doesn't try. Indiana has some really arrogant and ignorant people in positions of hiring / firing. What the hell is going on in that program?

Duke better pay attention, because this is what's coming their way. They've got less to work with and a smaller fan base, that actually has to be bribed into at tending games and filing up the student section most years. It's not what the media portrays them as. Most message board Duke fans are bandwagoneers and only started rooting because of the "Dallas Cowboys " effect. They're the next Indiana.

As much enjoyment as I get from seeing IU losing another game on my ESPN feed I don't want Crean to lose too many. He needs to win just enough that they can't justify firing him while still remaining irrelevant. So far he has managed to do that but I am he is going to blow it.

Reactions: morgousky
As much enjoyment as I get from seeing IU losing another game on my ESPN feed I don't want Crean to lose too many. He needs to win just enough that they can't justify firing him while still remaining irrelevant. So far he has managed to do that but I am he is going to blow it.

I understand where you are coming from, and I too, are torn. However, I just want them to miss the tournament, like, "first out". Then, maybe we can achieve both goals, keeping Clappy, while IU watches from Bloomington. Whatever happens, I just know that 5-6 in the Big 10, means IU still sucks.

I am fine with a sweet 16 run ever 3-4 years and a NIT flameout the other years with an occasional meltdown losing record type season. C'mon Tom I know you can do it. I have faith in you.

Yeah, I too hope Clappy can win just enough to keep them from firing him. He has done a wonderful job of that so far.

Coach Tom "Clappy " Crean and IUsed to be are made for each other !!!!! He should have his own popcorn box !!

After last night's loss to Purdue, they are now 5-7 in the Big 10, with 5 games left. One of those is @ Purdue, so I think they have to win at least 3 of the other four, and get to the conference tournament semi's, or finals, to even have a shot at the tournament. Pretty tough on a team ranked #1 by one of our favorite sports writers. I guess that he, along with IU, sucks.

What's funny to me is that they think they have a shot at Brad Stevens....

Most delusional fan base in college sports. It's going to be great watching them wish they had kept Clappy when they settle for some retread because their top 6 options turned them down.

Trying to come up with realistic reasons to hope:
1. Crean's buyout remains $4 million until July 1. If you wait to fire him in July, it's too late for a decent hire.
2. IU's football coach quit/ was forced out in December. And it was messy. Losing both in the same season would look like an athletic department out of control. Obviously, that's true but why advertise it?
3. Clappy won the B10 last year, and beat Kentucky on the way to the S-16 - as far as Indiana had been in any year but one in 25 years! That should buy him another chance.
4. The "injury" excuse is always handy. Hey, Corky Goodman says they were the best team in the country before any injuries.
5. They have a recruiting class ranked about 80th. They'll lose Bryant and OG likely, and Blackmon will be 23 and probably realizes he may as well go play in Europe now. So next year is going to be terrible, whatever. Might as well let Clappy take the sinking ship down.

That's all I got. I pray it is enough.

Last edited:
Indiana could end up with a decent coach next year. They will call Brad Stevens and throw a truck load of money at him but I don't see him leaving the Celtics. I think they could get Marshall from Wichita St though. He could do some damage at IU.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT