ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread if you support Coach Cal

physical_blog-1.jpg

Not giving up yet because of one bad season, Cal is an innovator and will adapt. He embraced one and done worked for a while and conquered all. Maybe now it's getting the best transfers available to put a super team together quick with college experience. I don't believe the talk of Basketball has changed and that's why his team has suffered over the last few years, I think it simply is we haven't gotten elite freshmen talent which is the only type of freshmen that can come in right away and make a great team. Boston's Clarke's and definitely Askew type 5 stars won't be game changing in their first year... you need Monks, Foxes, Walls, Boogie, Davis, Julius Randall's, Karl Towns types, which we don't get anymore now that all the shoe money is out there or I don't know why.. .Hell Gonzaga is getting them now apparently next year to play in a crap conference with less TV exposure, I don't understand that. Once Duke started targeting these top 5 incoming freshmen we no longer got them, obviously a hidden advantage there to lure them. But the modern basketball argument and we need to play like Alabama and blah blah, it's bullcrap... 2012, 2015, 2010, those teams would dominate now just like they did then.

You gotta hand it to Cal. For as bad as this season went, for how loud the anti-Cal crowd was... he's still drawing in players and talent. We have 2 already, and we appears to be the hottest destination for transfers DESPITE a roster that's already quite full.

Mean while.. Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Kansas? Most other big name schools? Crickets.. players looking to leave, and none of these schools struck anything with transfers (MSU, aside).

Some fans can hate him all they want.. but the players still want to play for him, on all levels.

You gotta hand it to Cal. For as bad as this season went, for how loud the anti-Cal crowd was... he's still drawing in players and talent. We have 2 already, and we appears to be the hottest destination for transfers DESPITE a roster that's already quite full.

Mean while.. Duke, UNC, Syracuse, Kansas? Most other big name schools? Crickets.. players looking to leave, and none of these schools struck anything with transfers (MSU, aside).

Some fans can hate him all they want.. but the players still want to play for him, on all levels.
you're right, its amazing they want to come play on a 9-16 team.

gotta hand it to Cal

9-16 but we're getting those players!

UK isn't for everyone, wait....Creighton and Davidson transfers?

nevermind........

gotta hand it to Cal

nevermind........
I can remember a day when UK fans would have laughed at a Creighton or Davidson transfer.

I can remember a day when UK fans would have laughed at a Creighton or Davidson transfer.
Steph Curry? Paul Silas? Doug McDermitt? Kyle Korver? Been real happy to have. didnt Dale Brown transfer from a community college. Anyway, thanks for the bump, Colonel. They still hand those out?

gotta hand it to Cal

nevermind........
Thanks for the bump

He gets time to turn this around, IMO. He’s built up too much good will for this season alone to derail his tenure. I’m just curious if he’s likely to change. The whole Allen debacle and his substitution patterns have driven me crazy this year. I’m as curious as anyone to see how all this plays out.
What do you mean by one bad year. He had had 5 mediocre years followed by an unmitigated disaster. His record the past 6 years is worse than Hall, Tubby and much much worse than Pitino. Do you want to wait until he sinks below Sutton and BCG before he leaves???

I just read the Kellan Grady interview. Sounds like Cal did a brilliant job of recruiting him with lots of integrity.

Of course I support his right to correct course, any sane fan not stuck in the pre-civil right era would

Reactions: Zissou87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT