ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread if you support Coach Cal

I support giving him a chance to turn this sinking ship around. Cal deserves at least another year to fix this disaster.
He also needs to recognize that an iceberg was struck, the lifeboats are loaded and a string band is playing sad songs on the deck.

h1zh80d_zIxv9WCvUPuMby0NGVL9NUKZy2mcoit8dNa6FFL9JncYzna4IUiSOUIqmLfFOzQ2UkFaP4yXNUE9QJuqdYji0LoUmDvlyrWlT0xXOqDVFYqPTtsyQEePbeiCOztb5aMCmt4kiOahu24LGTDsB-0HTpSYwNI

He gets time to turn this around, IMO. He’s built up too much good will for this season alone to derail his tenure. I’m just curious if he’s likely to change. The whole Allen debacle and his substitution patterns have driven me crazy this year. I’m as curious as anyone to see how all this plays out.

Yep. Cal will get it turned around. I think this COVID-19 crap has made him a mess. His mannerisms and the way he approaches things this year just seems a bit off to me. Could be nothing and me just looking for an excuse why the team is bad

I support giving him a chance to turn this sinking ship around. Cal deserves at least another year to fix this disaster.
He also needs to recognize that an iceberg was struck, the lifeboats are loaded and a string band is playing sad songs on the deck.

This!

Im a big Cal supporter, but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him this year. Between the kneeling and choosing 5 stars over winning games.

Cal has earned the chance to turn things around, but he really needs to change his attitude toward fans.

While I agree with this, after watching Cal since 2015, I don't think he has any desire to change. Another year he deserves, but will also add another year to our misery. Next year is bad, Cal leaves, hire a new coach, probably looking at 2/4 years to get turned around, new coach has to recruit, and get players to stay, so by the time they are juniors/seniors, it will be 2025. I can assure you, when Cal leaves, we will have a bare cupboard.

Cal has had a lot of success and his method of attracting top recruits in general has worked. Hopefully, he now realizes he needs a balancing act and relying only on recruits that are not top 5 but still likely to stay just one year are not the best solution. Almost every fan here pre-season was saying Boston and Clarke were going to be the best duo in a long time, so you missed just as Cal did on their evaluations as the celebration of having Saar transfer.

He gets another year to right the ship but if we don't see any changes with the favoritism or philosophy even this season will add to the loss of any confidence with his fit for Kentucky in the future.

Reactions: MO_Blue and awf
Call’s not bad. He just sucks with X’s and O’s That’s all.. If he can get jorts drafted, he can fix this and these other guys drafted in a couple years..

Still support Cal being the coach at UK. If we have max exodus again after this year though, I think I will probably join the “time for a change” team. However, if we have minimal turnover for once, I’m happy to be more patient and hope Cal may be trying to build a culture where one and done is not the expectation for all.

Reactions: MO_Blue
We're in the middle of the most unsettling times in America since the 60's, not even counting covid. I'm with Cal even though I'm baffled by this years team, but I'm baffled by everything right now. Why would UK BB be any different?
You're certainly baffled by the 60s. The 70s were far more unsettling.

Reactions: awf
He’s paid an immense sum of money (paid by hard-working Kentuckians) to maintain the excellence of UK basketball. For the vast majority of his time at the helm of the program, he has achieved that objective. As such, it’s a no-brainer that he should be retained for the foreseeable future. However, one bit of advice to Cal moving forward: Keep the GD politics out of your program.

Yep. Cal will get it turned around. I think this COVID-19 crap has made him a mess. His mannerisms and the way he approaches things this year just seems a bit off to me. Could be nothing and me just looking for an excuse why the team is bad
I think your correct, when you say your just looking for an excuse. I think Cal has brought this on himself, with his recruiting.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Do I support the coach who has the most Final Four and Elite Eight appearances of anyone in America this decade, who won outright last year's SEC, who delivered a championship and has had Kentucky in the hunt almost every year of his tenure, and who has Oscar Tschwiebe, Daimion Collins, Bryce Hopkins and Nolan Hickman signed to join a robust roster of returnees?

LOL. The fact that it is a question shows the imbecility and immaturity of the small slice of Kentucky's fan base represented on this board.

For the record: Yes.

He’s paid an immense sum of money (paid by hard-working Kentuckians) to maintain the excellence of UK basketball. For the vast majority of his time at the helm of the program, he has achieved that objective. As such, it’s a no-brainer that he should be retained for the foreseeable future. However, one bit of advice to Cal moving forward: Keep the GD politics out of your program.

No, it’s not paid by any Kentuckians. UKAA is its own, self-funded entity. They get no state or federal money nor any financial support from the University.

This!

Im a big Cal supporter, but I’ve lost a lot of respect for him this year. Between the kneeling and choosing 5 stars over winning games.

Cal has earned the chance to turn things around, but he really needs to change his attitude toward fans.

If he doesn't turn it around in one more year, he needs to resign. I don't want the program to be in the shape it was when Pitno come here, or when BCG left. He needs to forget Pro Day, and think of UK day.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: catzcan
Do I support the coach who has the most Final Four and Elite Eight appearances of anyone in America this decade, who won outright last year's SEC, who delivered a championship and has had Kentucky in the hunt almost every year of his tenure, and who has Oscar Tschwiebe, Daimion Collins, Bryce Hopkins and Nolan Hickman signed to join a robust roster of returnees?

LOL. The fact that it is a question shows the imbecility and immaturity of the small slice of Kentucky's fan base represented on this board.

For the record: Yes.

How has he done the last 5 or 6 years? I'm like Woody Hayes, I don't like the direction were going.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

We're in the middle of the most unsettling times in America since the 60's, not even counting covid. I'm with Cal even though I'm baffled by this years team, but I'm baffled by everything right now. Why would UK BB be any different?

You just said it, "Because we are UK." Some of you think Cal is UK. Your wrong, UK is UK, and it made Cal. Why do you think he kept asking his wife if UK had called, which he said he did. It's just like Alabama in football. There are other good programs, but there is only one UK, and we are at the TOP, followed by Duke, NC and Kansas. UCLA was once a great program, but no more. I don't want Cal to make us like UCLA.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT