ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Hudson

Ok you tell me then

He’s too busy being rank and crotchety for this. I picture him as Walter-Jeff Dunham’s ventriloquist doll.

walter.png

Reactions: UKRob 73
Sawnee ,apologize for Rick Kestner, he was one of our student teachers,didn’t think anybody would know the name. We’ve had plenty of Kentucky bred players,and we will again,just alot of negative recruiting going on,since we’re beating some teams for better recruits,and in games(Florida excluded)!

Virginia Tech is one of the worst schools academically in the ACC. Ranked behind even Clemson. Although UK’s ranking has unfortunately dropped off a cliff since President Todd departed. UK hired that dope from UAB and he’s brought UK academic prestige down to UAB’s level.

He gets credit according to Scout for walker wood, stenberg, Stallings, Meyer, Haynes, day, Daniels, young and Drake Jackson.
I think we all remember Drake Jackson and Young were recruited by several, including Stoops.
So outside the Kash, Drake and Landon class he has only signed 1 other player from Ky, Walker Wood, who was the 974th ranked player whose best offer was southern miss. And ky should be the easiest state to recruit.
That's very underwhelming as far as recruits from the state of ky.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
He gets credit according to Scout for walker wood, stenberg, Stallings, Meyer, Haynes, day, Daniels, young and Drake Jackson.
I think we all remember Drake Jackson and Young were recruited by several, including Stoops.
So outside the Kash, Drake and Landon class he has only signed 1 other player from Ky, Walker Wood, who was the 974th ranked player whose best offer was southern miss. And ky should be the easiest state to recruit.
That's very underwhelming as far as recruits from the state of ky.

Look at you!!!

I think both Young and Jackson specifically commented about his influence during the process. But, your bias, for whatever reason, was on display before this post. He has been on the staff since the beginning. So, on this issue, between he and you ... you lose.

(Probably want to add Robinson to the list)

Look at you!!!

I think both Young and Jackson specifically commented about his influence during the process. But, your bias, for whatever reason, was on display before this post. He has been on the staff since the beginning. So, on this issue, between he and you ... you lose.

No real losers here Cave...except all of us because the staff can’t lure in the top talent that Kentucky has to offer. We’ll continue to disagree, but it is an issue. In state perception of the program hasn’t changed that much. Stoops went all in on D. Harris-helicopter landed at the ballgame. Roll out the red carpet and make Kentucky kids covet the offer and have us listed at the top of their offer sheet.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Look at you!!!

I included Young and Jackson. Like I said, outside of that year, he has gotten 1 Ky kid. The kid was ranked #974, and his best offer was southern miss. Even for a homer like you, surely you see that's underwhelming. We have to do better in state.
How that makes us "biased" or "trolls" or whatever is silly. Even for you.

Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t make me wrong. You’re not done either. I’ve realized you’ll argue with a fence post even when you’re wrong.

Not speaking of Caveman but while I have never argued with a fence post I have argued with people with the same IQ.

Exactly...now you know how I feel when people say we don’t need to keep our top talent in state. We’re getting soemehere with you too I see...finally!
LOL! Nice spin, I guess. But your agenda is actually damaged by the fact that the father of a current Wildcat starter from Lexington is here defending the effectiveness of our coaches.

Reactions: jauk11
Don’t think it’s flawed. First time in 70+ years we didn’t land any kids from KY. I’m talking this year-now.
I think we have been over this. When it was being done your way in previous decades, our football program languished. You can’t get over the fact that, after decades of low budget recruiting, this athletics director and this coaching staff have raised the ante and prioritized Ohio, Michigan, Florida. Again, every instate player you want already has a UK scholarship offer. They have a free choice. Do you want Stoops to kidnap them? Pay them? Forge their signatures? The father of a current Wildcat just blew up your contrived point of view about “focus”.

I think we have been over this. When it was being done your way in previous decades, our football program languished. You can’t get over the fact that, after decades of low budget recruiting, this athletics director and this coaching staff have raised the ante and prioritized Ohio, Michigan, Florida. Again, every instate player you want already has a UK scholarship offer. They have a free choice. Do you want Stoops to kidnap them? Pay them? Forge their signatures? The father of a current Wildcat just blew up your contrived point of view about “focus”.

We have been over this-don’t want us to recruit all KY kids...that’s a stupid idea. I want us to get the top kids in the state-typically 3-5 kids per year.

Here's an interesting article on the subject of in-state/out-of-state recruiting:

Of the 25 top-tier programs that signed the highest percentages of in-state players over the past decade, only 12 posted a winning record in the 2017 regular season.

Link

We have been over this-don’t want us to recruit all KY kids...that’s a stupid idea. I want us to get the top kids in the state-typically 3-5 kids per year.
LOL! You are spinning again. Nobody has said UK shouldn’t recruit instate kids. You are making that up to spin the discussion again, because you don’t have a viable argument. Your contrived point about “focus” has just been refuted by a parent of a current Wildcat who is above reproach. And, as you know, all the instate players you want already have UK scholarship offers. So, again, would you have Stoops kidnap them? Forge their signatures? You still haven’t answered.

LOL! You are spinning again. Nobody has said UK shouldn’t recruit instate kids. You are making that up to spin the discussion, because you don’t have a viable argument. Your contrived point about “focus” has just been refuted by a parent of a current Wildcat who is above reproach. And, as you know, all the instate players you want already have UK scholarship offers. So, again, would you have Stoops kidnap them? Forge their signatures? You still haven’t answered.

No spin-you have a literacy problem-have someone that can read explain the thread to you. Was Landon a UK lean to start with? Was his recruitment similar, same to others out of state. I can’t answer and you can’t either-but we should be able to sign the top 3/5 kids in the state every year because we are the state program. This has been my contention from the start. Did you read the KSR article I posted? It came out several days after this thread started-states pretty much the same concerns I have. Explain the offensive and defensive stats that are the same as Joker’s while you’re at it. Pretty confident they may be having an impact of how the program is viewed as well.

No spin-you have a literacy problem-have someone that can read explain the thread to you. Was Landon a UK lean to start with? Was his recruitment similar, same to others out of state. I can’t answer and you can’t either-but we should be able to sign the top 3/5 kids in the state every year because we are the state program. This has been my contention from the start. Did you read the KSR article I posted? It came out several days after this thread started-states pretty much the same concerns I have. Explain the offensive and defensive stats that are the same as Joker’s while you’re at it. Pretty confident they may be having an impact of how the program is viewed as well.
I have no literacy problems. You are making this personal because you don’t have a viable point.

Go back and read-show me where I stated otherwise. I’ll concede if you can.
I served in our armed forces as an officer, and I hold multiple college degrees. So I can read fine. You want a “focus” on instate recruiting. You repeated that several times. But all of the instate prospects you want already hold UK scholarship offers. The father of a current Wildcat starter from Lexington blew up your point, so then you tried to spin it. And then, you tried to frame yourself as the only poster who wants Kentuckians on our football roster. But that’s a ridiculous fabrication. Everyone wants Stoops to sign the best players he can sign. UK’s 2018 starting lineup will feature 4 native Kentuckians. So then, you made it personal by questioning my literacy and calling me stupid. I have found that some posters turn to personal insults when they don’t have a reasonable point to make. You are 1 off those.

I served in our armed forces as an officer, and I hold multiple college degrees. So I can read fine. You want a “focus” on instate recruiting. You repeated that several times. But all of the instate prospects you want already hold UK scholarship offers. The father of a current Wildcat starter from Lexington blew up your point, so then you tried to spin it. And then, you tried to frame yourself as the only poster who wants Kentuckians on our football roster. But that’s a ridiculous fabrication. Everyone wants Stoops to sign the best players he can sign. UK’s 2018 starting lineup will feature 4 native Kentuckians. So then, you made it personal by questioning my literacy and calling me stupid. I have found that some posters turn to personal insults when they don’t have a reasonable point to make. You are 1 off those.

You’ve read, heard what you’ve wanted to hear. My experience as a military guy-officer as well-is that all points of view should be heard, reviewed. My degree in organizational management provides me with the insight to state something is wrong with our approach to recruiting in state prospects.

Hey Tarheel, let’s see if we can agree on a few things:

(1) this staff does a good job evaluating talent
(2) if the staff does not want a Kentucky kid, we trust the staff
(3). If the staff wants a kid, whether from Kentucky or otherwise, we too want the kid
(4) the best recruiters don’t land everyone they want
(5) if the staff loses a kid from Kentucky, but lands an equal or greater talent from another state for that spot, there exists no football harm to UK
(6) while you like to see Ky kids in a class, we are happy with the quality of classes this staff has landed
(7) Robinson, Kash, Young, Jackson, Hughes, Dotson, Wood, Middleton and Wolfe are Kentucky kids this staff recruited that YOU wanted on the team
(8) kids turn down UK for reasons no staff can control
(9) no one can point to a specific mistake made by the staff with regard to the recruitment of Kentucky kids who decided to go elsewhere
(10) you have no advice for the staff as to how to improve, other than you want to see Kentucky kids commit to UK

There. We should be able to agree on those points.

Hey Tarheel, let’s see if we can agree on a few things:

(1) this staff does a good job evaluating talent
(2) if the staff does not want a Kentucky kid, we trust the staff
(3). If the staff wants a kid, whether from Kentucky or otherwise, we too want the kid
(4) the best recruiters don’t land everyone they want
(5) if the staff loses a kid from Kentucky, but lands an equal or greater talent from another state for that spot, there exists no football harm to UK
(6) while you like to see Ky kids in a class, we are happy with the quality of classes this staff has landed
(7) Robinson, Kash, Young, Jackson, Hughes, Dotson, Wood, Middleton and Wolfe are Kentucky kids this staff recruited that YOU wanted on the team
(8) kids turn down UK for reasons no staff can control
(9) no one can point to a specific mistake made by the staff with regard to the recruitment of Kentucky kids who decided to go elsewhere
(10) you have no advice for the staff as to how to improve, other than you want to see Kentucky kids commit to UK

There. We should be able to agree on those points.

Who the heck is a Tarheel? I don’t disagree with most of your points above, and have stated as much throughout. However, my original post stated that we cannot continue missing out on highly regarded, in state recruits. Nothing more, nothing less. We apparently don’t need any Kentucky kids as long as we get out of state kids equal to Kentucky kids. Got it...ridiculous, but I got it.

We apparently don’t need any Kentucky kids as long as we get out of state kids equal to Kentucky kids. Got it...ridiculous, but I got it.

So, we agree on “most.” Care to say to which you disagree?

And, the comment quoted above suggests this is an issue of appearance and not football. If so, you probably need to chastise the kids for going elsewhere.

So, we agree on “most.” Care to say to which you disagree?

And, the comment quoted above suggests this is an issue of appearance and not football. If so, you probably need to chastise the kids for going elsewhere.

I can open up a whole other discussion about why I think we don’t recruit better, in state and out of state but we’ll be responding up until season starts if I do. How about we wait for the season to start and I’ll point out specific actions that hurt recruiting-coaching issues, style of play, scheme, schedule, etc? Many of the things will be perceived, many will be gaping holes if you’re willing to be open minded and objective. Again, don’t care about our history, what Joker did or the 1940’s team-talking here and now with the team we have. Supposed to be a year that we take a step forward. You up for it?

I can open up a whole other discussion about why I think we don’t recruit better, in state and out of state but we’ll be responding up until season starts if I do. How about we wait for the season to start and I’ll point out specific actions that hurt recruiting-coaching issues, style of play, scheme, schedule, etc? Many of the things will be perceived, many will be gaping holes if you’re willing to be open minded and objective. Again, don’t care about our history, what Joker did or the 1940’s team-talking here and now with the team we have. Supposed to be a year that we take a step forward. You up for it?

No thanks. I am not interested in your expectation to be disappointed before you even see the team take the field. I’ll pass on that.

Exactly...now you know how I feel when people say we don’t need to keep our top talent in state. We’re getting soemehere with you too I see...finally!

LOL, with your ability to spin maybe you could get employment as part of a fishing lure.

But This post makes about as much sense as some of your others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT