ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Hudson

Don’t know what the jig is with in-state recruiting is but I don’t like it.

At least he’s not going to Louisville.

Don’t know what the jig is with in-state recruiting is but I don’t like it.

At least he’s not going to Louisville.
Yea we need to switch up assistants responsible for in state recruiting. We're getting waxed.

Don’t know the story but seemed like a kid who had no interest in staying home and I hate that. Kentucky has been producing some very, very nice players recently.

Can’t lose our in state recruits like this. There’s several good players in ‘19 and ‘20 that we need to land. Nothing better than having kids from the state on your team that can compete with the best in the country.

Can’t lose our in state recruits like this. There’s several good players in ‘19 and ‘20 that we need to land. Nothing better than having kids from the state on your team that can compete with the best in the country.

Can't lose them "like this?" Beyond being wrong, is there a way we can lose them? Educate us.

Not a surprise. UK was never really in the convo. Looks like the top 4 recruits in-state (24/7 rankings) are going out of state this season. Unless UofL beats out tOSU for Wright. We are a heavy lean for 4* Tanner Bowles though.

Kind of stinks considering it was one of the better in-state recruiting classes in a while. Oh well, our highly rated KY recruits haven't exactly panned out anyway.

What about my post do you disagree with? We lost a KY kid to VT. We have to hold high D1 talent in state. Do you think otherwise?

(1) kids make their decisions based upon many different factors and there are no must haves.

(2) VT is a P5 school in a top conference with an excellent football history.

Trolls make comments like the ones you make.

Do you think otherwise?

Reactions: JDHoss and The-Hack
(1) kids make their decisions based upon many different factors and there are no must haves.

(2) VT is a P5 school in a top conference with an excellent football history.

Trolls make comments like the ones you make.

Do you think otherwise?

People that are incapable of defending their opinion use the troll moniker because they’ve got nothing else. All in state kids that can play for higher caliber D1 teams are must gets for us. To say otherwise is simply stupid.

Neither are those Kiss concerts, me and 86 went and had to leave early :beer:

LOL. My 8 yo GS is a big Kiss fan, as you can tell. Lucky for me he is a classic rock fan. Kiss, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, any of the old one's. Wife took him to a Kiss concert in Huntington a couple years ago, he loved it.

I'm just happy he doesn't listen to Justen Bieber and that kind of crap.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
It sucks but my feeling is that Kentucky still has a perception problem with a lot of recruits. I feel like once we has a sustained success then we will attract more local kids, as well as those from out of state, whom we seem to be doing better with already

Hard to get over six decades of neglect, and the last one was particularly damaging to young people, VT has a lot more recent success than we do.

Yes, the one that’s lost it’s luster over the last 4/5 years. The one that’s been out of the national spotlight. The one that should have less influence on the kids in our state. Appears we found common ground.

Va Tech has won 19 games over the last two years and has been ranked at season's end for the last two years.

Va Tech has won 19 games over the last two years and has been ranked at season's end for the last two years.

With the 4 team playoff race, very few teams outside the top 10 get much attention anymore. VT hasn’t been in the national spotlight in a long while. Not downplaying them, they have a good program. Bigger question is if we are on the rise why can’t we keep in state talent in the state? Of the top five prospects in the state, four of them have committed to schools out of state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT