ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl offers Kyky Tandy

I think his father is doing him a great disservice by running his mouth about whether or not he should come to UK based on if he will start or if he would be a one and done type player. Darius Miller wasn't a day one starter nor a one and done and he is drawing a paycheck with the NBA. I would bet that he and his family aren't complaining.

Well you know the youngster is a stud if Bruce offered. I’m guessing he’s not a priority croot right now but we’ve got 6-7 spots available in this class.

We’re gonna sign a huge class in 2019 so there’s a chance they won’t all be five stars. Number 83 in the country ain’t bad but my guess is that it’s not a commitable offer at the moment

I think his father is doing him a great disservice by running his mouth about whether or not he should come to UK based on if he will start or if he would be a one and done type player. Darius Miller wasn't a day one starter nor a one and done and he is drawing a paycheck with the NBA. I would bet that he and his family aren't complaining.
I haven't seen the quote from his father, but if true, it's obvious why Cal hasn't been more interested in him.

We’re gonna sign a huge class in 2019 so there’s a chance they won’t all be five stars. Number 83 in the country ain’t bad but my guess is that it’s not a commitable offer at the moment

When did Auburn get so popular with recruits that they give out offers and have the luxury of telling the kid to hold off in case they sign someone better? That is hilarious. Auburn would have this kid signing a LOI the day he committed.

When did Auburn get so popular with recruits that they give out offers and have the luxury of telling the kid to hold off in case they sign someone better? That is hilarious. Auburn would have this kid signing a LOI the day he committed.

That’s just lying cheating punkin head trying to run with the big dogs.

whether you like it or not, everyone wants to be a gangsta. We just got popped by the FBI but we still won the title and are still rollin strong. Come to AU and be untouchable. That type of swag and cachet is attractive to young kids.

whether you like it or not, everyone wants to be a gangsta. We just got popped by the FBI but we still won the title and are still rollin strong. Come to AU and be untouchable. That type of swag and cachet is attractive to young kids.

Having one decent year (let’s face it, you had the best regular season SEC record and that’s all you did), doesn’t make you, your coach, the players, or anyone else associated with Auburn Tony Soprano. Auburn will be back to being bottom feeders before too long.

Reactions: MbergCat
Having one decent year (let’s face it, you had the best regular season SEC record and that’s all you did), doesn’t make you, your coach, the players, or anyone else associated with Auburn Tony Soprano. Auburn will be back to being bottom feeders before too long.
Well preseason #1 in the country is a good place to try to carry the momentum over from.

Well you know the youngster is a stud if Bruce offered. I’m guessing he’s not a priority croot right now but we’ve got 6-7 spots available in this class.
He’s a shooter and you know Bruce likes shooters.

Kyky on any other team = free advertising of Kentucky. UK is on most everyone's mind during the season anyway. This is just reinforcement. Good luck to him no matter.

With a name like Kyky he can't be all bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I don’t doubt Cal often - but I do think we should recruit a top in state talent. Why pretend like his family is different than most top player’s? Hell seems like more than not the players we do sign have the same issues we are scared Tandy might have.
Maybe I’m just get tired of seeing KY kids have good 4 year careers at other schools while we sign higher rated guys who are gone within 2 seasons.
I don’t know lol. I like having KY players.

When the FBI gets done you may have a few more open and a few coaching spots open as well !!

I don’t doubt Cal often - but I do think we should recruit a top in state talent. Why pretend like his family is different than most top player’s? Hell seems like more than not the players we do sign have the same issues we are scared Tandy might have.
Maybe I’m just get tired of seeing KY kids have good 4 year careers at other schools while we sign higher rated guys who are gone within 2 seasons.
Hard to recruit a kid when he doesn't seem to want to be here, and his dad talks crap every chance he gets lol

You didn’t win “the title”. You won the SEC regular season. The fact that you call it “the title” is SO Auburn.

Well preseason #1 in the country is a good place to try to carry the momentum over from.
Wait. . . What?! You aren’t preseason #1. You aren’t even preseason #1 in the SEC.

I’d rather have 4 one and dones with 4 seasons better than all 4 of the Kentucky guys 4 seasons. Call me crazy.

Won the title?

Nova won the title. Everyone else didn't.

Real powerhouses don't brag about regular season conference titles in basketball. We have so many SEC titles we could use them as toilet paper in Rupp Arena and still have some left over.

Sustain your improved level of play and you can move into the challenger's seat like Alabama in the 70s, LSU in the 80s, Arkansas in the 90s and Florida in the 2000s. One good year since 2003 doesn't make a dynasty.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Won the title?

Real powerhouses don't brag about regular season conference titles in basketball. We have so many SEC titles we could use them as toilet paper in Rupp Arena and still have some left over.

Sustain your improved level of play and you can move into the challenger's seat like Alabama in the 70s, LSU in the 80s, Arkansas in the 90s and Florida in the 2000s. One good year since 2003 doesn't make a dynasty.

Auburn would kill to be Arkansas of the 90's and Florida of the 2000's, will never happen.

Won the title?

Jeez, man, quit being so petty.

He never claimed they were "a dynasty." And there's nothing wrong with him using the word "title". Because, like it or not, they DID win the SEC season title this year (a full three games ahead of us). Nothing wrong with their fans being proud of that.

If UK ever won the SEC football title, do you think our fans would be boastful about it? Do you think we'd use the word "title"? You bet your ass we would, and LOUDLY.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
Î

He never claimed they were "a dynasty." And there's nothing wrong with him using the word "title". Because, like it or not, they DID win the SEC season title this year (a full three games ahead of us). Nothing wrong with their fans being proud of that.

If UK ever won the SEC football title, do you think our fans would be boastful about it? Do you think we'd use the word "title"? You bet your ass we would, and LOUDLY.
I agree, the sanctimony of some of our fans is sad

Î

You two are aware of all the spam these Auburn posters have spewed on this board the last few months right...?

We would. And it would be embarrassing as hell because one year wonders happen all the time. But sustained success doesn't.

I'm gonna keep laughing at these AU people who think they're hot shit after one season. If they keep it up for 4-5 years, maybe even a decade + like Florida, they can talk trash. Until then, it's all lulz from me.

Winning a regular season title then flaming out early in both postseason tournaments makes the chest-puffing look silly. And, I'm sure Alabama football fans care as much about SEC regular season titles (not the game in Atlanta) as we do regular season basketball crowns. This ain't IU. We don't cut down nets for winning the regular season conference title.

Î

Maybe these Auburn fans shouldn't come over here acting all high and mighty after having one decent season in 15 years. Calling an SEC regular season title "the title" is hilarious to me.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT