ADVERTISEMENT

Brony gets guaranteed money

FirewithFire

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Hope this kid knows the size of the target that just got put onto his back. I can't see this making him popular among his teammates that had to work their way up the ladder, unless LeBron buys them all cars or something.

Shocked To Be GIF by Isola dei Famosi

It is what it is.... I've gotten jobs before because I knew someone. This is a similar situation just he's a basketball player.

Truth is once Lebron either retires after this or next year we won't hear about Bronny ever again. The only people that should be upset is G-Leaguers who know there is 1 less spot on a roster. However I would also counter that the Heat have been wasting a spot for nearly a decade with Udonis Haslem given a roster spot.

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
Meh is what it is. Im more than fine with him getting it because his dad is really that valuable.

What im absolutely sick of hearing is all the bs of how he did it on his own and his last name didn't matter. At least lets call it what it is.

His dad isn't that valuable at this point.

Lakers aren't winning again until him and his goofy son are gone.

His dad is valuable as far as the financials of the team are concerned. This is a big story and will draw eyes on the TV regardless of how much people here complain about it. People will attend games, buy merch, and be interested in the Lakers because of this. The vast majority of sports ownership really doesn't care about winning anyway, they're just trying to make money on their franchises.

His dad is valuable as far as the financials of the team are concerned. This is a big story and will draw eyes on the TV regardless of how much people here complain about it. People will attend games, buy merch, and be interested in the Lakers because of this. The vast majority of sports ownership really doesn't care about winning anyway, they're just trying to make money on their franchises.

The Lakers are already the most popular team in the NBA, or one of them anyways.

You are correct its not about winning games and competing for nba titled anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Isn't there 1 more son that will turn pro in couple of years? Then there will be 3 of them on the team
images

LeBron is going to seduce his way into getting ownership, draft all his sons, and turn the team in the LA LeBrons.

I don't know how Bronny can sleep at night knowing he didn't deserve to be drafted, but apparently he can.

Winning and market value are not necessarily the same. I don't like LeBron but he definitely has huge market value.

I have literally never heard a single person claim he got there on his own. Everyone is very clear it's nepotism, and that's okay because nepotism is everywhere and nothing new.

Oh there are several out there.

Reactions: CatTough
Is it shady and unwarranted? Yes. Would every father do it? Don't lie. It's silly, but at the end of the day, is it really affecting your life? People bitching and moaning about it have become more of an annoyance than the situation itself. Who really cares? It's victimless. Let it go.

No one would have been surprised a year ago to hear that Bronny was a second round pick who made a roster. Seemed to be about his level heading into college.

Then he almost died.

So I’m pulling for him. I agree that very few in his spot would be getting a shot like this, but I’m willing to cut him some slack.

Because he almost died.

If he does anything, ever in the NBA it will be a terrific, feel good story.

But most people seem to be rooting against it. I, on the other hand, will keep in mind that he’s somebody’s kid and his heart stopped a year ago.

But hey, at least that caused him to put up trash stats at USC. Gives people something to complain about.

Guaranteed money for a second round pick that hasn't even played in the summer league?

I hate the Lakers but I enjoy that LeBron is killing this team toward the end of his career. LA stuck with Kobe too long and killed their organization then too.

Without AD arriving and the rest of the 2020 season being played in a bubble, LA would be a giant goose egg since 2010. I cannot see LA fleecing anyone in a trade like they're accustomed to so LeBron nor LAL will win anything while he's there.

It would have been great if Boston drafted Bronny at 54 and then just made the Lakers overpay like crazy which they would have.
Rich Paul would never let another Klutch client sign there ever again. That being said I think he’ll immediately lose relevance when LeBron is done.

The market dictates that Bronny is worth the money.

Why? Because the NBA is an entertainment industry, not a meritocracy industry. People will tune in to watch Bronny pass to his dad for 3 minutes a game before they'd tune in to watch an eastern conference 2nd round playoff game. Do I think it's still hilarious? Absolutely, but I haven't taken the NBA serious in over a decade.

If the NBA knew that midgets would earn more sponsors and viewers than what they currently have, you better believe they'd draft midgets each June instead of 6'8" athletes.

I have literally never heard a single person claim he got there on his own. Everyone is very clear it's nepotism, and that's okay because nepotism is everywhere and nothing new.
Visit the other Bronny thread where someone posted a tweet from a guy saying it was all him and his “grind.” They’re out there as delusional as they are. Prob trolling.

Found it.

Last edited:
It’s all about the Cash Back and guess what the kid has been dealt a good hand. Here’s hoping he proves a lot of his critics wrong including myself.

Hope this kid knows the size of the target that just got put onto his back. I can't see this making him popular among his teammates that had to work their way up the ladder, unless LeBron buys them all cars or something.

This is the biggest joke of the NBA ever.

I'm not sure why this bothers everyone. You are not paying his salary. Most everyone on here swears they never watch the NBA. Why is this of concern? And, plenty of people get jobs because who their family is, or at least who they know. If you just don't know anyone that can help you get a job, or your family is no count, why hate on Bronny because of that? I wish him all of the success in the world. They will not continue to pay him if he sucks.

I'm not sure why this bothers everyone. You are not paying his salary. Most everyone on here swears they never watch the NBA. Why is this of concern? And, plenty of people get jobs because who their family is, or at least who they know. If you just don't know anyone that can help you get a job, or your family is no count, why hate on Bronny because of that? I wish him all of the success in the world. They will not continue to pay him if he sucks.
It gives people an excuse to complain during a summer with little sports to talk about, which is funny because it feels like about 80% of Rafters posters say they never watch the NBA or outright hate it for some reason. "The NBA is a joke because of this!!!" Why? Folks here don't seem to like the James family but cannot stop talking about Bronny and his father. Why? There will be folks here who'll watch the Lakers next season rooting for Bronny to fail and then eventually be cut. Why?

This Bronny thing, since deciding on which college to go to up until now being a Laker, has become a weird obsession with some posters. Why that is is an interesting question. Like I said in the previous Bronny thread, many will see this as a cool story of a father and son on the same team as the father is winding down his career. Only on social media is this seen as some sort of negative and Bronny should be ashamed of himself and his family for now being on an NBA team. I mean, the absolute nerve of that young man!!!

mightymouse.gif

The bucks pay that Greek dude who's name I can't spell brother or whatever, and he's pretty terrible. If they value LeBron until he retires Bronny will have a job.

None of them will care except the little guys on 2 way deals. It’s a joke he got picked and even more that they are guaranteeing him a salary but they only care about making LeBron smile. It should come out of his check, he don’t need it.

Quote from the article linked to start this thread

"Rob and I did not give Bronny anything," new Lakers coach JJ Redick said. "Bronny has earned this. Bronny, who talks about his hard work. Bronny has earned this through hard work. For us, prioritizing player development, we view Bronny as like case study one. His base level of feel, athleticism, point of attack defender, shooting, passing; there's a lot to like about his game."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT