ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny James (bad)

That goes away, though right? And the study showed that it happened in a low number of people and was “predominantly mild” but

Not vaccine related. Gentics is what the study is about.

EDIT: So that tells me you didn't read it. You so I posted it & due to my previous post you thought I was posting a study about the vaccine. Was not. Posting about a higher % of young African American athletes die of sudden cardiac arrest than non-African American. The study is about that.

Not vaccine related. Gentics is what the study is about.

EDIT: So that tells me you didn't read it. You so I posted it & due to my previous post you thought I was posting a study about the vaccine. Was not. Posting about a higher % of young African American athletes die of sudden cardiac arrest than non-African American. The study is about that.
I believe there were multiple studies posted in this thread. Since it appears you didn’t read the one I was referring to, I will re-post the link. Originally posted by @TXCatFBFan

Reactions: gracetoyou
Unless he didn’t get the vaccine you can’t rule it out. But I’ll throw out another possibility for the uptick and it’s the same one that caused an uptick in athlete deaths in the 80s. Cocaine. It is back and it is extremely popular again.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
The level of stupidity and ignorance in this thread is sad.

The virus itself (having it at some point) (we all got it) is far more likely to give you myocarditis than the vaccine. This has been proven over and over and over and over.

Both can cause it. The virus is far more likely to cause it. This is undisputed.

Unless he didn’t get the vaccine you can’t rule it out. But I’ll throw out another possibility for the uptick and it’s the same one that caused an uptick in athlete deaths in the 80s. Cocaine. It is back and it is extremely popular again.
No it's not. You just hear about it now.

• Haha
Reactions: VandyCat and chroix
Every vaccine against a virus provides a risk of having a inflammation related reaction. But newsflash. The virus itself always has a bigger risk of the same reaction.

Keyontae Johnson, Shareef O’Neal, Jeff Green, Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, Pete Maravich all off the top of my head had serious cardiac events way before the COVID vaccine. It happens more often than people think but often isn’t diagnosed until college or later
And John Stewart, the UK basketball 7' signee from Lawrence North who died during the IN state tourney. Not sure if it was cardiac, but always thought that was the case.

The virus itself (having it at some point) (we all got it) is far more likely to give you myocarditis than the vaccine. This has been proven over and over and over and over.

Both can cause it. The virus is far more likely to cause it. This is undisputed.
Well, I wore a mask and that saved me from getting the virus 🍺

And John Stewart, the UK basketball 7' signee from Lawrence North who died during the IN state tourney. Not sure if it was cardiac, but always thought that was the case.
I’m not 100% remembering but did he have an enlarged heart - I don’t want to search it but it reasonates a bit bc my gf at the time was good friends with him - one of nicest kids ever.

I don't think they can. Certified mouth breathers.

Surprised they didn't listen to Trump and inject bleach into their veins.

If you got that from what Trump said, then by all means, inject away my dude! 😁 You’re just showing your IQ and comprehension capacity.

Also, tells me you support who is in office and that tells me you aren’t educated or very smart.

Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Until the thread gets locked, may the best men win.
I was already sad then laughed hysterically earlier today at the antivaxxers.
CalmSnarlingIndiancow-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: walterdog12
I really feel for Bronny and his family. Wealth and fame are no salve when facing potential death or lifelong disability. Though they will buy you the best care.

Regarding the discussion that inevitably came up, I saw this article posted earlier from 2016 about sudden cardiac death in athletes. Risk factors include being male, black, and a basketball player. It estimates 1 sudden cardiac death per 9000 athlete-years for ncaa basketball. And obviously, that 1 in 9000 doesn't include sudden cardiac events not leading to death such as this one. Young, healthy athletes do have this happen. I've seen nothing indicating that sudden cardiac events in young athletes are more common now than they were pre-2021. Only "it seems" and "I hear about it more."

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Hank gathers had enough coke in his system to kill 3 people, Pete had a known heart condition
It's stunning that you're so sure of something that's completely false. Not only that, but you received a couple likes for blatant misinformation. Not saying it was done intentionally, but anyone with a brief sense of basketball history knows Gathers didn't die from an overdose or that he had enough cocaine in his system to "kill three people."

I really feel for Bronny and his family. Wealth and fame are no salve when facing potential death or lifelong disability. Though they will buy you the best care.
Frickin A+ on finding a way to work the word "salve" into this epic thread.

I just got my 53rd booster.

When I first opened this, I never once thought of the vaccine so I am in the minority. First thought was prayers for him and his family. Second, how many posters on here would have blamed Cal for this if Bronny was here?

Reactions: jameslee32

I'm hesitant to comment on politics, but either you conveniently left out the exception in that article which is directly on point with this thread or you didn't read the article in full. I hope it's the latter.

Direct language from that article: "...with one exception. Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination... 14 extra cases with the first dose of the Moderna vaccine for every 1 million men vaccinated. That risk rose with the second dose for all three vaccines studied and was highest for Moderna's, which had an additional 97 myocarditis cases per 1 million."

I don't know whether Bronny was vaccinated and I don't care. I do know, however, that you're a victim of your own words.

Last edited:
I'm hesitant to comment on politics, but either you conveniently left out the exception in that article which is directly on point with this thread or you didn't read the article in full. I hope it's the latter.

Direct language from that article: "...with one exception. Men under 40 who received a second dose of the Moderna vaccine had a higher risk of myocarditis following vaccination... 14 extra cases with the first dose of the Moderna vaccine for every 1 million men vaccinated. That risk rose with the second dose for all three vaccines studied and was highest for Moderna's, which had an additional 97 myocarditis cases per 1 million."

I don't know whether Bronny was vaccinated and I don't care. I do know, however, that you're a victim of your own words.
Are you really going to hold on to the .000097% as a talking point? For all we know, the vaccine had nothing to do with it unless they had been tested both before and after the vaccine for myocarditis? Regardless, that number isn't the dramatic increase that anti-vaxxers claim when defending this hysteria. If you listen to them, you would think that 1 in 5 people are suffering from myocarditis.

His point is correct thought. Many more cases of myocarditis was caused by Covid itself and not the vaccine.

Reactions: chroix
Are you really going to hold on to the .000097% as a talking point? For all we know, the vaccine had nothing to do with it unless they had been tested both before and after the vaccine for myocarditis? Regardless, that number isn't the dramatic increase that anti-vaxxers claim when defending this hysteria. If you listen to them, you would think that 1 in 5 people are suffering from myocarditis.

His point is correct thought. Many more cases of myocarditis was caused by Covid itself and not the vaccine.
OP said it is undisputed that the virus is far more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine. That is factually incorrect with respect to vaccinated men under the age of 40, which is the predominant point of contention in this thread. .000097 vs. .000016 is not insignificant. So, yes, I'm holding onto that as a talking point.

OP said it is undisputed that the virus is far more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine. That is factually incorrect with respect to vaccinated men under the age of 40, which is the predominant point of contention in this thread. .000097 vs. .000016 is not insignificant. So, yes, I'm holding onto that as a talking point.
It isn't undisputed though. You are the one putting caveats about it being under 40. The original post stated that Covid is more likely to cause myocarditis because it is. He never limited to men under 40. You did that as some sort of gotcha. The original post as written is factually accurate.

Haha. OK. Did you have translate this from Chinese before you typed it??

if anything to the virus is causing this stuff then it’s the foreign virus itself not the vaccines. I know zero that means no one who died as a result of the vaccine. I know many people though who had COVID within a week or so of their deaths some unvaxed. The virus causes longterm undetectable problems and we are finding out with out 20 year old son. It can sit in the gut or even the lung or heart causing inflammation. The vaccine wears off COVID does not. The anti vaxxers are wrong and I hope they don’t skip their kids vaccinations. MmR, and the Other 20 vaccines. People live longer than ever because of these things. My sister a holistic healer type is putting on massive weight but won’t see a normal dr. This dismissal of mainstream medicine is very dangerous for public health. I mean if your dr is trying to kill you with a vaccine then why not penicilin, or ibuprophen or other innocuous meds? Why not kill you with a tetanus vax? I mean are the antivaxers not getting tetanus shots either. Think people don’t follow. Somethings are true and some are false. Not all is true or all false.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT