ADVERTISEMENT

Britney Griner - What is your Opinion?

Let’s just focus on Audrey Lorber. Case closed.
Lorber charges from an article:

“Lorber is accused of committing a crime under Part 1 of Article 228 of the code, which may be punishable with a ‘fine in an amount of up to 40 thousand roubles…or by compulsory works for a term of up to 480 hours, or by corrective labour for a term of up to two years, or by restriction of liberty for a term of up to three years, or by deprivation of liberty for the same term,’ the code states.”

I never said it wasn’t political. I did say the sentence is ridiculous. That said, I also mentioned the not famous man that received a 14 year sentence for medical marijuana . I want him out too!
My response was directed necessarily at you. I just chose your post because you mentioned the guy with the 14 year sentence and the Lorber situation was also relevant.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Don’t tell me that there aren’t political motives behind BG. The case of Audrey Lorber is a good indicator. She plead guilty to smuggling 17 grams of weed. Was released after 2 months in prison and paying a 15,000 rubles fine.

Everyone on here that is defending the sentencing is doing so because you don’t agree with her politics. Her politics doesn’t mean she deserves to be railroaded by foreign governments. If you celebrate it like many here and in the political thread have, that says more about you than her and you really should reevaluate your life and the things that bring you joy.

From Curt’s admonishment article:

“The law’s nickname in Russian translates to the ‘people’s article’ — because of the enormous number of people jailed for violating it. A quarter of all of Russia’s prisoners are in jail for drug-related crimes, according to the paper.”

Reactions: warrior-cat
From Curt’s admonishment article:

“The law’s nickname in Russian translates to the ‘people’s article’ — because of the enormous number of people jailed for violating it. A quarter of all of Russia’s prisoners are in jail for drug-related crimes, according to the paper.”
Thanks PeeWee even if that was an attempt at deflection. Go back to popping bottles to celebrate the incarceration of BG like we have seen you do this entire time.

You lie. Again and again. You are a liar. Liar. Pants on fire. 😂
If you say so short stuff. You have been celebrating and defending Russia throughout this entire thread. You are the poster child for Napoleon Complex. Try again PeeWee and use a truck or whatever else you need to overcompensate for your shortcomings. I still wish you nothing but misery and heartache because you have earned every ounce of it you get.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
If she wasn't famous would the state department be willing to give up such a huge prisoner for her? No
If she wasn't famous would Russia cared enough to giver her 9 years in prison? also No

With that said the lesson some others should learn is don't think you are above the law in a foreign country just because you are famous and if you do break a crime expect for them to make an example of you.

You have been celebrating and defending Russia throughout this entire thread.

I am not sure anyone has been more wrong in one thread than you have in this thread. And, when you are caught in your political deception, you attack the person who demonstrated your gross mistakes.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I am not sure anyone has been more wrong in one thread than you have in this thread. And, when you are caught in your political deception, you attack the person who demonstrated your gross mistakes.
You have defended Russia this entire thread but whatever short stuff.

She pleaded guilty to a Russian crime. So, there is little doubt she deserves a Russian penalty. I suspect that once she is home, we will hear the defense she was evidently unwilling to present to the Russian body. Nevertheless, pleading guilty leads to justifiable punishment, unless she was somehow coerced.

I would ask whether she is more credible than the Russian authorities. I am not sure she is.
I'm not going to go through every single post in this thread but here is one that took a minute to find where you defend the Russians and their excessive punishments (which you labeled as justifiable) as well as intimate that Russian authorites are more credible than BG. My point stands PeeWee

I'm not going to go through every single post in this thread but here is one that took a minute to find where you defend the Russians and their excessive punishments (which you labeled as justifiable) as well as intimate that Russian authorites are more credible than BG. My point stands PeeWee
You should want to look, because the post you hunted down does not prove your petty claim, nor will any, or justify your immature behavior. You are wrong on so many things, but your fiction for political purposes in this thread were debunked repeatedly. You did not know what you were talking about, but that did not stop you from attacking others who did.

You should want to look, because the post you hunted down does not prove your petty claim, nor will any, or justify your immature behavior. You are wrong on so many things, but your fiction for political purposes in this thread were debunked repeatedly. You did not know what you were talking about, but that did not stop you from attacking others who did.
Yawn...your post I quoted defended Russia pure and simple...It suggested that Russia is more trustworthy than BG...It called her punishment justifiable even before the punishment was handed down...As I said, you have defended Russia and this post shows that defense...I attack those that attack me...you still stalk every single post I make...Give me your address...I will just send you a picture since you are so enamored with me...Give it up PeeWee....Take your own advice and seek therapy to figure out why you feel the need to be such an arrogant douche...Keep defending Russia...Trump would be proud of his little sheep.

Yawn...your post I quoted defended Russia pure and simple...It suggested that Russia is more trustworthy than BG...It called her punishment justifiable even before the punishment was handed down...As I said, you have defended Russia and this post shows that defense...I attack those that attack me...you still stalk every single post I make...Give me your address...I will just send you a picture since you are so enamored with me...Give it up PeeWee....Take your own advice and seek therapy to figure out why you feel the need to be such an arrogant douche...Keep defending Russia...Trump would be proud of his little sheep.
No. I cannot help your misguided attempt to satisfy your political -and personal passion or your lack of comprehension. In that post, I correctly stated that Griner pleaded guilty and, therefore, was subject to a Russian penalty. I welcome your attempt to deny that truth.

I also questioned whether Griner was more credible than Russian authorities, but that is not a praise of Russian authorities but my suspicions about what will be Griner’s story upon her return. The Russian authority bar for credibility is an easy one for most to overcome, but if Griner changes her story when she returns, I think we should question whether she is any better.

You are likely to believe whatever she says, because she is aligned with your political perspective.

Finally, please post your 6’7” picture here for us all to marvel at, you big man!

Reactions: WildcatofNati
No. I cannot help your misguided attempt to satisfy your political -and personal passion or your lack of comprehension. In that post, I correctly stated that Griner pleaded guilty and, therefore, was subject to a Russian penalty. I welcome your attempt to deny that truth.

I also questioned whether Griner was more credible than Russian authorities, but that is not a praise of Russian authorities but my suspicions about what will be Griner’s story upon her return. The Russian authority bar for credibility is an easy one for most to overcome, but if Griner changes her story when she returns, I think we should question whether she is any better.

You are likely to believe whatever she says, because she is aligned with your political perspective.

Finally, please post your 6’7” picture here for us all to marvel at, you big man!
I don't particularly like Griner. I don't agree with kneeling during the national anthem but I respect her right to do so. I just don't think any American should be railroaded by a foreign government and I would say the same thing if it was Trump's kids. Hell, I would say the same thing if it was you. You on the other hand don't seem to have the same respect for Americans if they disagree with you.

You called the punishment justifiable and have yet to say her punishment is unjust. That entire post is a defense of Russia. You are likely to dismiss anything she said because of your political perspective. Hell you have already done so.

So let's do each other a favor. You don't like me and I certainly don't like you. Let's stop replying directly to each other so it will allow us to enjoy this board a lot more. It's a simple solution. That is the most respect you will ever get out of me and I know I won't get any more than that out of you. We will both be better off not having to deal with one another going forward.

I don't particularly like Griner. I don't agree with kneeling during the national anthem but I respect her right to do so. I just don't think any American should be railroaded by a foreign government and I would say the same thing if it was Trump's kids. Hell, I would say the same thing if it was you. You on the other hand don't seem to have the same respect for Americans if they disagree with you.

You called the punishment justifiable and have yet to say her punishment is unjust. That entire post is a defense of Russia. You are likely to dismiss anything she said because of your political perspective. Hell you have already done so.

So let's do each other a favor. You don't like me and I certainly don't like you. Let's stop replying directly to each other so it will allow us to enjoy this board a lot more. It's a simple solution. That is the most respect you will ever get out of me and I know I won't get any more than that out of you. We will both be better off not having to deal with one another going forward.

🤦‍♂️

Show me where I defended Russia? Show me where I called the punishment justifiable? Can you read???? My gosh, son, get your head out of your own ass.

I do not know if the punishment is unjust or not. If she was in this country, I would say it was unjust. Because you cite to a girl who faced a 2-3 year sentence and got off with very little jail time, but in your article it said a huge percentage of jailed people in Russia are there for drugs (not to mention another poster posting that another drug charge landed 12 years for an American), I don’t know how anyone in this thread could argue the justice or lack thereof under Russian law. In fact, I expressly asked another poster to link the foundation for his conclusion and he did not.

You appear to be the political hack in this thread attacking people you don’t like after you state patently wrong information.

🤦‍♂️

Show me where I defended Russia? Show me where I called the punishment justifiable? Can you read???? My gosh, son, get your head out of your own ass.

I do not know if the punishment is unjust or not. If she was in this country, I would say it was unjust. Because you cite to a girl who faced a 2-3 year sentence and got off with very little jail time, but in your article it said a huge percentage of jailed people in Russia are there for drugs (not to mention another poster posting that another drug charge landed 12 years for an American), I don’t know how anyone in this thread could argue the justice or lack thereof under Russian law. In fact, I expressly asked another poster to link the foundation for his conclusion and he did not.

You appear to be the political hack in this thread attacking people you don’t like after you state patently wrong information.

Kamala Harris put tons of people in prison over weed. But that’s (D)ifferent.

Other than 3 strikes you’re out (which is stupid), how many got 9 years for .702 grams?

“other than” 😂 That’s rich.

You basing Russian law on American law 😂. Pretty sure every country has a right to set their own laws accordingly. Regardless of what someone in other country thinks about them. I agree that it’s silly to be in trouble for weed. But other countries make their own laws.

He probably is a victim of politics more so than the THC he got caught with.

“other than” 😂 That’s rich.

You basing Russian law on American law 😂. Pretty sure every country has a right to set their own laws accordingly. Regardless of what someone in other country thinks about them. I agree that it’s silly to be in trouble for weed. But other countries make their own laws.

He probably is a victim of politics more so than the THC he got caught with.
That doesn’t mean those laws are just and it’s ok to say those countries are wrong for having laws like that. I’m not basing Russian law on American law at all. I said BG’s punishment was excessive. I don’t care if it adheres to Russian law or not. It is excessive for Russian citizens as well.

Calling BG a he isn’t funny. It’s misogynistic. I’m sure your boyfriend is proud of you.

🤦‍♂️

You are still defending them. You certainly know if the punishment is unjust. It doesn’t matter what Russian law says. 9 years for .702 grams of cannabis is unjust and excessive and it’s ok to say that even if it’s Russian law. If a Russian law said your tongue gets cut out if you don’t like Vodka, is that a just law? Basic human decency will tell you if a law is just or not.

I see you totally skipped over my over in a the previous comment as well which I knew you would. It still stands though.

That doesn’t mean those laws are just and it’s ok to say those countries are wrong for having laws like that. I’m not basing Russian law on American law at all. I said BG’s punishment was excessive. I don’t care if it adheres to Russian law or not. It is excessive for Russian citizens as well.

Calling BG a he isn’t funny. It’s misogynistic. I’m sure your boyfriend is proud of you.
Well he did illegal things in another country according to their law. Your opinion on being excessive is irrelevant.

you going to crusade over to Ukraine to make gay marriage legal? How about over to the Middle East to end death to homosexuals. But You did that, that means they would probably find you guilty.

You are still defending them. You certainly know if the punishment is unjust. It doesn’t matter what Russian law says. 9 years for .702 grams of cannabis is unjust and excessive and it’s ok to say that even if it’s Russian law. If a Russian law said your tongue gets cut out if you don’t like Vodka, is that a just law? Basic human decency will tell you if a law is just or not.

What did I say that you did not understand? If her punishment is similar to people in Russia who were convicted of like crimes, how are we to say it was unjust? Consistency in the law is a factor of justice. I admitted that I do not know the answer to this. I also said, if this was America where I have a say and vote, I would call the punishment unjust. Give reading a try and attempt a modicum of objectivity.

I see you totally skipped over my over in a the previous comment as well which I knew you would. It still stands though.

Try this again in English.

Well he did illegal things in another country according to their law. Your opinion on being excessive is irrelevant.

you going to crusade over to Ukraine to make gay marriage legal? How about over to the Middle East to end death to homosexuals. But You did that, that means they would probably find you guilty.
Misogyny is your cup of tea it seems princess. Yay you. It’s cute when you try to insult but fail. Go cuddle with your BF. Be a good little bitch for him. At least you are qualified for that.

It’s kind of the hallmark of an obnoxious American, thinking that all countries and cultures should think and be like us. It is also anti-diversity.
I haven’t said they should be like us. I never said their laws should be like ours. I said 9 years for less than an ounce of weed is unjust. It has nothing to do with diversity.

What did I say that you did not understand? If her punishment is similar to people in Russia who were convicted of like crimes, how are we to say it was unjust? Consistency in the law is a factor of justice. I admitted that I do not know the answer to this. I also said, if this was America where I have a say and vote, I would call the punishment unjust. Give reading a try and attempt a modicum of objectivity.

Try this again in English.
It was perfect English. Go back and read the post where I extended an offer to you.

I haven’t said they should be like us. I never said their laws should be like ours. I said 9 years for less than an ounce of weed is unjust. It has nothing to do with diversity.
Yeah, being critical of another culture’s mores and laws and calling them unjust is the epitome of being diverse and showing respect. She did not get arrested in California or Kentucky. She was arrested in Russia, where she clearly knew the law.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT