• Steak

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Veggie meat

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
images

Well damn....no tenderloin? I can chow down on any of the listed, but for me tenderloin or thin sliced bone in chops are tasty at breakfast. I'll give a shout out for fried (is there any kind of breakfast meat not fried?) SPAM, scrapple and bologna as well. Had fried SPAM with my aigs this AM.

Last edited:
I might be stretching the rules a bit.

Corned Beef Hash.

Not at all. If you ever eat at a Metro Diner in Florida, I highly recommend the corned beef hash plate.

If you're ever in the Treasure Coast area, I highly recommend Berry Fresh Cafe and their lineup of breakfast hashes. They have the corned beef hash, but my favorite is the Nashville Hot Chikin hash.

I remember when i was a kid we would sometimes have fried chicken or pork chops, of course with biscuits and gravy which was a given. fresh pork with red eye gravy was always a favorite. delicious memories. i haven’t eaten red meat since 1999.

That looks like Shit on a Shingle.
Bingo. i came to love the stuff in the usaf mess halls with a little help from lots of black pepper and tobasco which was always available on every table. otherwise it was a little bland. i used to have a copy of the recipe from wright patterson afb that was published in my local newspaper years ago but lost it. you can find the recipes online, some made with dried chipped beef or hamburger.

Last edited:
I remember when i was a kid we would sometimes have fried chicken or pork chops, of course with biscuits and gravy which was a given. fresh pork with red eye gravy was always a favorite. delicious memories. i haven’t eaten red meat since 1999.

Agreed. Whether it was fried chicken, fried squirrel, sage/red pepper sausage, pork tenderloin or country ham, there was always biscuits -n-gravy.

If you slept too late (I beat you to the table), then there may not have been as many biscuits as you'd liked.

Reactions: Backer cutter
Didn't we just talk about this in the Dr. Seuss thread??

Green eggs and ham, dammit!

I make it in the over. To me it’s easier and way less messy
I cooked a couple of steaks on the grill tonight. I always like to cook something additionally that I can eat for lunch during the week. Put some Kiolbassa beef sausage on then a pan of bacon with some wood chips on the coals. Still cooking but this might really be something .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT