ADVERTISEMENT

Branham on Jasper

I hope we get him but seems like with these recruitments, when it’s close to the end, news always comes out that it’s looking like UK. then boom…it’s actually not UK.

We don’t know that because it’s a new staff, but I will say when news flows that someone is trending here, they have sealed the deal like 90% so far. That includes transfers and stuff.

That would be huge for Pope.
I’m honestly not too worried with this staff, they have already proven they can get on high ranked recruits lists, get them to visit, and have already nabbed a couple they wanted. Our roster came together quickly. I believe if we have a successful year on the court it will lead to even better results soon.

He'll go from being the guy who "doesn't really fit Pope's system" to the guy who now "is perfect for Pope's system."

Exactly.

And he would do well here IMO. He may not be as good a shooter as other recruits but he is still a great college player potentially.

People on here micro focus on one aspect of basketball and forget it's an overall skill set that matters.

I am an outsider looking in and I believe Jasper Johnson will end up in Kentucky Blue. If you are born and grow up in the shadows of Rupp Arena and are good enough to wear a UK uniform you would have to have a deep personal problem to turn down that opportunity. Especially with a young energetic coach who also wore that uniform and carried home a National Championship. How could you not want to play for him if you are a Kentuckian and get that opportunity.

Think about it.

I believe he will surprise people with his shooting ability. People are putting too much emphasis on his AAU stats. He shot 37% from 3 for Link Academy and 42% for the FIBA US U18 team. He could be an important part of a gunslinging backcourt for us.

I am a devout man of Prayer. Totally believe in Prayer's efficacious power.
I refuse to ask God to help us recruit a ballplayer.
Just saying...
IM the same and totally agree. Other teams have Christians to. I only pray they make the right choice for them and stay safe and do their best. Does the coach's religion matter. Im certainly pro mornan but very very pro Pope.. Moral values are very important to me. This is a sport but I see less sportsman like conduct. When there is hatred for another team that's wrong. I am for every team in ky and Ohio and Marshall if they don't play ky. I grew up in Flatwoods right on the Ohio river. God bless us all.

Kentucky basketball fans has got to be the most pessimistic fans in the world. The UK basketball program has more to offer than any school in the country, especially for a home grown kid like Jasper Johnson who him and his family lives something like 15 miles from Lexington. DO NOT worry. Jasper Johnson like Malachi Moreno will be a UK Wildcat.

I am an outsider looking in and I believe Jasper Johnson will end up in Kentucky Blue. If you are born and grow up in the shadows of Rupp Arena and are good enough to wear a UK uniform you would have to have a deep personal problem to turn down that opportunity. Especially with a young energetic coach who also wore that uniform and carried home a National Championship. How could you not want to play for him if you are a Kentuckian and get that opportunity.

Think about it.
Thanks for your perspective. Most of the time fans of other teams visit here it's just to troll, and I'm sure it's the same most of the time UK fans visit others' forums. We welcome anybody that comes here to talk about sports; at least I welcome you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT