ADVERTISEMENT

Branham on Jasper

Further discussion about freshman signings. I think 4 would be about right (about 1/3 of the roster), Mix of contribute now from 2, 1 stud, and 1 multi year guy.

Would love to close on Jasper, land Yessoufo, a 6-5,210 lbs. wrecking ball Absolute ready now wing, very good 2 way player we always seem to miss on. Nate Ament, 6-9, 185lbs. PF. Needs to add weight, but he is more of a modern PF, does several things really well and is getting better every day, late bloomer, will be very good.

That would be for 2025 :

PG / SG - Jasper #22 ESPN (Now listed as a SG on ESPN, they was the ony one listing him as a PG before)
SF - Yessoufo #11 ESPN
PF - Ament (Virginia 33% / UK 29% on ESPN) #3 ranked per ESPN
C- Moreno #21 ESPN

Maybe sign a true PG in Mikel Brown, #15 ESPN. Give me this class and close up shop now. #3, #11, #15, #21, #22. (Mullins #35) if we do not get the 5 I mentioned.

Both Moreno and Ament will take a little time to adapt to the college game, but both are very capable, but both MUST add weight / get stronger.
Sign those 5 (all are realistic), let Moreno mature with Garrison hopefully coming back. I really would love to get Yessoufo, I truly believe he is going to be that stud wing. He is just so physical already on both ends and his shot has improved considerably.
That would be 5 top 25 guys, a top 5 in Ament #3(though I think he is ranked a bit too high, solid PG in Brown and 2 local kids top 25 ranked. Couldn't really ask for a much better 1st class for Pope. The Dybantsa, Boozer, and Petersons trio to me is not very likely but you have to at least recruit them.
JMO, I could be wrong.

EDIT : Sorry those was ON3 rankings. Disregard the ESPN rankings.

Last edited:
Exactly.

And he would do well here IMO. He may not be as good a shooter as other recruits but he is still a great college player potentially.

People on here micro focus on one aspect of basketball and forget it's an overall skill set that matters.
I thought he was supposed to be a great shooter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT