ADVERTISEMENT

Branham on Jasper

I am a devout man of Prayer. Totally believe in Prayer's efficacious power.
I refuse to ask God to help us recruit a ballplayer.
Just saying...

Tongue in cheek comment.... and for the record I as well have never prayed for a recruit.

God doesn't care where he goes

God has a plan for everyone whether *insert players* knows... but we can certainly debate more on Paddock if you start a thread there.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I think it will be a solid mixture.

4 to 5 freshmen.
4 to 5 returning players.
3 to 4 portal transfers.

My hope is after a couple years and continuity we will have 3 freshmen tops (unless of course there are absolute studs we’re getting). Just feel like they are such a toss up with how they perform. Remember how make and break we thought Wagner, one of the absolute can’t miss top HS players that was in the top 5 regardless of class for like 3 years was? Just feel like you actually know what you’re getting with transfers.

I believe Pope would like to build his roster almost entirely through high school recruiting. I can’t imagine he wants to make a habit of needing to add 3 or 4 contributors in April or May every year.

My hope is after a couple years and continuity we will have 3 freshmen tops (unless of course there are absolute studs we’re getting). Just feel like they are such a toss up with how they perform. Remember how make and break we thought Wagner, one of the absolute can’t miss top HS players that was in the top 5 regardless of class for like 3 years was? Just feel like you actually know what you’re getting with transfers.
All fair points. I'm with you. I like the idea of Johnson and Moreno at UK as supplemental pieces, with veterans doing most of the heavy hitting. Calipari did it the opposite way, and it didn't work.

Reactions: will1976
I think it will be a solid mixture.

4 to 5 freshmen.
4 to 5 returning players.
3 to 4 portal transfers.

That is a perfect mix to me, 4-5 guys with experience in the system who hopefully played or about to start. 4 to 5 talented Freshman who could be OAD talents and a couple who may return to form a nucleus for a couple years, and awesome transfers to plug holes and get go to scorers if needed.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT