ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketville 2-28

One glaring mistake in his bracket is he has us playing in Greensboro and Duke playing in Tampa. Everybody and their brother knows that Duke ALWAYS plays near home on the first weekend.
He has UK one spot ahead of Duke on seed line. I don't think it will happen, but that is why.

We have a chance and Duke doesn't, therefor Duke will get the easiest bracket to increase their chances. I see another Mercer/Lehigh looming for them this year.

Who have they beat? my goodness...
Any thing to screw Kentucky...

:flush:

Outside of the Big East? Just a W vs Texas Tech in OT on a neutral floor.

They lost to Michigan and San Diego St OOC (by 31) and lost to a couple of bad teams in the Big East (Providence and Georgetown). Their other conference losses are to good teams (Butler and Villanova).

They've also beaten Butler, Villanova, and Marquette in conference.

Here's the kicker for me though...they are in 2nd place in the Big East. Are you telling me that a team with their record and resume that doesn't even win the Big East is going to get a 2 seed over UK that will win the SEC by 2 games (at least)? Horseshit.

We need to get to the 2 line
Needed Maryland to lose
Outside of the Big East? Just a W vs Texas Tech in OT on a neutral floor.

They lost to Michigan and San Diego St OOC (by 31) and lost to a couple of bad teams in the Big East (Providence and Georgetown). Their other conference losses are to good teams (Butler and Villanova).

They've also beaten Butler, Villanova, and Marquette in conference.

Here's the kicker for me though...they are in 2nd place in the Big East. Are you telling me that a team with their record and resume that doesn't even win the Big East is going to get a 2 seed over UK that will win the SEC by 2 games (at least)? Horseshit.
Didn't realize SDSU had beaten them. Have they not played Seton Hall yet?

Who have they beat? my goodness...
Any thing to screw Kentucky...

:flush:
Notable Wins: Notable Losses:
Texas Tech by 7 Michigan by 10
Arizona St by 7 San Diego St by 31(yes 31!)
Villanova by 15 Butler by 14
Marquette twice Villanova by 5
Butler by 21 Georgetown by 3
Seton Hall by 5 Providence by 17
Oklahoma by 10

(21-6) They have had some a couple good wins, but have also gotten beat by more than 10 pts four times, one by 31 points. The stupid quad system gives them more credit than they should (9-6) 0 losses outside of quad 1.

Didn't realize SDSU had beaten them. Have they not played Seton Hall yet?[/QUOTE] They beat Seton Hall by 5. They play again last game of the season

A win against Auburn tomorrow and the 2 seed chatter will begin to grow.

Win the last two games and the Cats will be in the mix with FSU, Maryland, Dayton, and Duke and maybe a Nova for a 2 seed.

A win against Auburn tomorrow and the 2 seed chatter will begin to grow.

As it should. The problem is that if we win the next two and then slip up at UF, we'll get pushed back to a 4 seed.

I'm trying to save my anger for when the actual brackets come out and not worry about people that have no bearing on the committee. Easier said than done though.

If the Cats end up playing in Greensboro I may lose my damn mind. I've never been to a postseason game for the Cats and there'd be no excuse if I'm only 10 miles away :)

Reactions: FishersBlue
What's funny about this one is that every team is about where they should be.. except us, and the team that replaced us.

God I hope we beat Auburn tomorrow.. if for nothing else then nutsacks like this guy, Lunardi and others HAVE to keep moving us up.

Reactions: CatOfDaVille
What's funny about this one is that every team is about where they should be.. except us, and the team that replaced us.

God I hope we beat Auburn tomorrow.. if for nothing else then nutsacks like this guy, Lunardi and others HAVE to keep moving us up.

Yes, we are forcing their hands by continuing to win. However, they are moving us up very slowly and will drop us like a stone if we slip up.

If Gonzaga is the West 1 and SDSU does slide to a 2 would SDSU still go West regardless? Obviously no other 2 seeds would be from the West.

Creighton is one of those teams that if they are hot from 3 you better watch out! But if they have an average shooting night they arent very good. Usually teams like that dont make it to the final 4 because odds are you are going to have at least one off night in the tourney. But i wouldnt want to face them because they could legitimately take 35 threes and make 20 on any given night. If that happens...good luck!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT