ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketmatrix update 3/11

But don't you have to beat someone to get a top 3 seed? So beating baylor and a bad Michigan state team is comparable to the other candidates?

To be fair I have 0 respect for any acc team not named unc. Duke has 0 quality conference wins to me. If we are gonna count Clemson and wake then I guess we got to count msu for UK and hell we swept Arkansas and Duke lost at home to them.

It's the whole resume argument vs efficiency argument. Duke doesn't have a great resume.

The problem is the best resume doesn't always match up with the best team.

Duke is rated 7th in Kenpom. Are they are 7th best team in the nation? I don't believe so but their efficiency numbers say they are. And given it matches well with Vegas, they would in all likelihood be favored over us on a neutral court.

Ultimately, we are going to get the nod over Duke IMO if it comes down to that. Cause our resume is far more impressive and that's what the committee cares about. But that's why u run into these instances where you have the worst seed being favored over the better one. Which just seems a bit backwards to me. If you are favored, that means your the better team. Thus why aren't u seeded as that.

The problem also about the beating good opponents thing is not every team gets a similar amount of opportunities compared to others

Kansas gets a bump all the time because of all the chances they get at beating a good team.

People realize that when say Gonzaga is good and they are given a 1 seed but don't have the resume to really justify it. But it applies to power conference teams as well. Sometimes you are really good u just haven't beaten many good teams cause u lacked the chances others had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT