ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketmatrix update 3/11

FiveStarCat

All-American
Oct 4, 2009
Still sitting at the highest 4 seed. Half a seed (using average seed amounts) behind KU for the last 3 seed.

Somehow some jokers still have KU as a 2 seed. Joke

Idc about that website. It's pretty obvious to the committee and everyone that matters UK is a 3 as of today.
Let's hope so. Hopefully Palm and his clueless disciples have no real pull with the committee. If we just take care of business in the SECT, we should be fine. And especially so if KU goes out early in their conf. tourney.

Idc about that website. It's pretty obvious to the committee and everyone that matters UK is a 3 as of today.
I hope so. From what I understand, the average of all the brackets pulled is usually pretty accurate so I was a little disappointed we didn’t crack into 3 seed territory. Going to be pissed if KU sits Hunter D and McCullar, loses early in Big 12 and committee cuts them an injury break and throws them a 3. Wouldn’t put it past them

• Angry
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I hope so. From what I understand, the average of all the brackets pulled is usually pretty accurate so I was a little disappointed we didn’t crack into 3 seed territory. Going to be pissed if KU sits Hunter D and McCullar, loses early in Big 12 and committee cuts them an injury break and throws them a 3. Wouldn’t put it past them
This is enraging….Kansas went 2-7 in conference road games. They sucked on the road looooooooong before the injuries. And two great home wins against UCONN and Houston doesn’t absolve all the road losses. Meanwhile we have the best collection of road wins in the country. Duke is in a league with only one other truly decent team and they went 0-2 against them. Lost at Arkansas. Like I’m fairly objective about this stuff but how are they above us???? (Checks notes) the NCAA tournament isn’t played at Allen Fieldhouse this year.

This is enraging….Kansas went 2-7 in conference road games. They sucked on the road looooooooong before the injuries. And two great home wins against UCONN and Houston doesn’t absolve all the road losses. Meanwhile we have the best collection of road wins in the country. Duke is in a league with only one other truly decent team and they went 0-2 against them. Lost at Arkansas. Like I’m fairly objective about this stuff but how are they above us???? (Checks notes) the NCAA tournament isn’t played at Allen Fieldhouse this year.

Both KU and Duke should be 4 seeds. It's easy to see if you aren't biased.

If one gets a 3 it's a healthy KU to me. I don't think they will be healthy though.

Our problem is we played more level 4 games early than just about anyone on our level. Happens every year. While others are playing in early turns. we play level 4 completion to pad Cal's winning percentages.

Kentucky has better wins than Duke, and Duke has worse losses than Kentucky. I get so fed up with this “strength of schedule” crap when what it really boils down to is “our cupcakes were better than your cupcakes”. Duke has played nowhere near as many top teams as Kentucky and they have a worse win% against those teams.

I'm telling you, some of these aren't updating. When you click in these specific brackets, they aren't reflecting that the website shows.

There's no way we're a 5 in anyone's bracket who updated it today. Nor is Duk or Kansas still a 2.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
And if they ARE updating these today, then the credibility is starting to fall into question.

Selje had us as a 5 seed before the win against Tennessee.. and moved us up like 1 or 2 spots to a higher 5 seed.. that was it. He had us as a last team in after Gonzaga, which, while we weren't playing great.. we weren't an 11seed then lol.

So some of these guys are either bad at their job, or worse, they're biased fans of other teams.

Further, this Selje bracket.. there are no credentials on his website. Nothing about who he is, no contact info, nada. So who vetted this guy as someone who is worthy of being on bracket matrix? Just cause he has a word press site? Lol.

And if they ARE updating these today, then the credibility is starting to fall into question.

Selje had us as a 5 seed before the win against Tennessee.. and moved us up like 1 or 2 spots to a higher 5 seed.. that was it. He had us as a last team in after Gonzaga, which, while we weren't playing great.. we weren't an 11seed then lol.

So some of these guys are either bad at their job, or worse, they're biased fans of other teams.

Further, this Selje bracket.. there are no credentials on his website. Nothing about who he is, no contact info, nada. So who vetted this guy as someone who is worthy of being on bracket matrix? Just cause he has a word press site? Lol.
Who is selje?

Kansas is overseeded. This is what happens when you seed based on resume and not simply who is the best teams. Kansas plays in a conference where they get a ton of Q1 opportunities. Some of these opportunities being at home where they hardly ever lose.

Duke being seeded higher is a bit more understandable. They are highly ranked in the computers but I'm a bit suspect of the ACC this season outside Duke and UNC.

Lmao my bad dawg. You got next
Sup Cuteness GIF

Reactions: FiveStarCat
We need to keep winning and hope for the best. We need other teams to lose to help us rise. Unfortunately, the close games, weak strength of schedule and losses outside quad 1 are making it hard to make the case for a 3 seed.

Considering the consensus on Bracket Matrix disagrees, not really.
Im sorry maybet Im not familiar with bracket matrix but 2 polls have us at 9 and the 1st 3 seeds have 12 slots. That will have some wgt paticularly vetsus ranked opponent. Some of this bracket mateix guys Ive never heard of but its subjective like Lunardi.

Who is selje?

He's one of the 90 some odd brackets in the Bracket Matrix. No idea why he was picked. I only saw his because it jumped out at me as being awful (if some guys bracket has a lot of red and blue, that tells you it deviates a point from the consensus)..

His website isn't often updated, no contact info. For all we know it's someone who started making brackets who dislikes UK lol.

Im sorry maybet Im not familiar with bracket matrix but 2 polls have us at 9 and the 1st 3 seeds have 12 slots. That will have some wgt paticularly vetsus ranked opponent. Some of this bracket mateix guys Ive never heard of but its subjective like Lunardi.

Usually the average on bracket matrix gets it right. That age old thing where it's better to take an average of a bunch of people doing this than to listen to just one guy.

It's entirely possible UK is a 3 seed right now in the committee's eyes. That would be reasonable. It's also very possible we are still a 4 seed.

I wouldn't focus too much on the human polls having us at 9. Very rarely does the seeding work out exactly like the polls indicate it should.

If we make the SEC championship game on Sunday I am very confident we get a 3 seed. Anything short of that I think a four is possible. If everything falls our way I think the last #2 (#8 overall) is up for grabs. I can see a path where we pass Baylor/Creighton/Duke/Iowa St. for the last #2 but we need some help for that.

If we make the SEC championship game on Sunday I am very confident we get a 3 seed. Anything short of that I think a four is possible. If everything falls our way I think the last #2 (#8 overall) is up for grabs. I can see a path where we pass Baylor/Creighton/Duke for the last #2 but we need some help for that.

Yeah I could see this. I have a hard time thinking we'd ever slip to 5. I think if we lose early this week, it's a 4. If we make Sunday it's a 3.

I think that's the most likely senario here.

We'd need some others to lose for that to happen I believe. It's definitely possible tho.
SEC semifinals to me give Kentucky a really good shot at a 3, the finals locks a 3 seed into play, and if they beat Tennessee/Auburn again I think it opens up the last 2 seed

Reactions: ganner918
And hopefully loss 10 coming sooner rather than later now with both Dickinson and McCullar now confirmed out for the Big 12 tourney.
Only issue is them being out gives the committee a chance to give them a pass with the injury card. Too bad we won’t get the same benefit for having multiple guys out for multiple games (all 3 centers, DJ, Thiero, Tre)

Only issue is them being out gives the committee a chance to give them a pass with the injury card. Too bad we won’t get the same benefit for having multiple guys out for multiple games (all 3 centers, DJ, Thiero, Tre)
You never know but hope the committee wouldn't do that. Seems hard to do that here especially given that it's far from certain either will be full strength for the NCAAT.

How has the committee looked at injured teams? Because it's one thing to seed a team if they have injuries that might come back. But Hunter and McCullars status is very iffy.

Honestly I don't think they should even look at injuries. Kansas lost its last game and they looked bad doing it, regardless of who they had available. They shouldn't be helped in seeding for injuries OR hurt in seeding because players are out for the season. Your record is your record.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT