ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland to Arkansas

You all are in for a treat. Just keep this same energy come February.

It’s unreal how little these Arkansas fans understand the situation. I’m actually entertained by it, this is better than when Tennessee or Louisville has some good years. I hope they stick around for the season lol.

You don’t usually see so many fans walk right into the door when it’s clearly swinging open. I actually don’t hate it, it’s like seeing a sonic girl on skates holding 2 trays while rolling right at the stick on sidewalk. Instead of screaming out you decide to just squint up and wait for it.

If this formula was working then no one at Kentucky would have been hoping for Cal to leave. I can hear Cal tell the Arkansas fans, "We are young" "Wait until March" "Tweak" "It takes time to figure it out."

Reality is Cal is motivated to prove he is great and try to hurt Kentucky and BBN. One thing though, he is still Cal in terms of coaching or lack thereof. He does not have Robic, and by bringing on Payne and his former staff he continues on the same path which was failing. Right now he is showing that his recruits were loyal to him not our program. Fine. Arkansas can enjoy what we did the past 9 years.

Arkansas fans are so “stuck” it’s hilarious

Them acting like Cal is amazing - makes UK’s history look better by extension

But they have to overlook the last 4 years like it was some anomaly at UK that we went 9-16, lost to Evansville, St Peters, UNCW, and Oakland and somehow magically Cal WON’T happen at Arkansas :confused:

Reactions: FirewithFire
You have obviously not paid attention to how Calipari “builds” his teams.
This is true, but it feels like he’s additionally building with the portal. Aidoo, Garrison, Wagner, & Davis are all rumored to be visiting this weekend. He’s already gotten Z. This should be a fairly old team with what looks to be 3 freshman…maybe 4 if the can convince McNeeley (super long shot).

Cal will only have three true freshman in this class. Rest will be transfer studs. Just what we were hoping for. Looks like he may be adapting.

• Haha
Reactions: catben
This is true, but it feels like he’s additionally building with the portal. Aidoo, Garrison, Wagner, & Davis are all rumored to be visiting this weekend. He’s already gotten Z. This should be a fairly old team with what looks to be 3 freshman…maybe 4 if the can convince McNeeley (super long shot).
You don't understand. Cal has to get older players now to have a team. After this year he will try and get 4 or 5 five stars so he can try and get them to the pro's in one year and make them millionaires. That is his top priority with his job. He even admits it. Winning is secondary. So enjoy this year having a few older mature players. Eventually he will only be recruiting a couple of portal guys. He will have mostly freshmen, a couple of sophomores that were the worst players from his freshman class and 3 or 4 walk ons that are sons of his buddies or something like that. Best chance for you to win would probably be this year because of him having to get several older guys.

Yay! Well done Cal!! I like it. These are Cal ‘s recruits so let him have fun recruiting them over and over again. I hope he gets Cyrill and Richmond and JQ. Why not let him have MCneely to so he can start all freshman plus Z, Wagner and Burks. Have I miss anyone?

I wish Cal nothing but the best , in his quest to eradicate “generational poverty” and have more than half of nba all starts players recruited by him.

Cal loves recruiting so let him have a blast.

Now , after your freshman game is over , Cal please enjoy your early tournament exits and don’t forget that the varsity boys will always play at University of Kentucky !

Shocked GIF by ARCO

Reactions: tvarskie
Cal will only have three true freshman in this class. Rest will be transfer studs. Just what we were hoping for. Looks like he may be adapting.
95% he won't change. Getting families rich is what drives him. Enjoy this year with the older guys. He will load up with five stars and a four star or two next year. And they will be the focus. You will have 5 stars starting that is not better than some poor guys on the bench. Does not bother him in the least. Just getting his five stars rich is what motivates him.

You don't understand. Cal has to get older players now to have a team. After this year he will try and get 4 or 5 five stars so he can try and get them to the pro's in one year and make them millionaires. That is his top priority with his job. He even admits it. Winning is secondary. So enjoy this year having a few older mature players. Eventually he will only be recruiting a couple of portal guys. He will have mostly freshmen, a couple of sophomores that were the worst players from his freshman class and 3 or 4 walk ons that are sons of his buddies or something like that. Best chance for you to win would probably be this year because of him having to get several older guys.
May be true. No idea. I will say I think he went too hard on the paint this year for you all. But the Cason Wallace year felt perfect. Livingston just didn’t live up to the billing and Wheeler regressed. Still, y’all have an insane year. NCAAT is a crapshoot. Not an excuse, but Bill Self - who has built quite the juggernaut - struggled for a while with early exits.

Happens sometimes. We’ll see if he learns from it.

Quick question. Do Arkansas fans not know he was using their program to get our boosters to pay more? That he never intended on being there? That he wanted a brand like Ohio State? UCLA? USC? But when he couldn’t use those (because they laughed at his call) he tried to use Arkansas? Do they know that when UK was approached with this nonsense they threw him out? lol. Do they know he then called UK agreeing to make changes and it was UK that said NO: hit the road?

I don’t think they even know this. But it’s not a big time program so I guess they wouldn’t. They just see some recruits and think Cal wants the hogs. That’s sad.
So Ohio State and USC are better basketball programs than Arkansas, that’s your position? I understand being salty to some degree but this is a weird take brother.

Just popped over to Hoggville board to see what was up. They have the OP's post quoted and they think it's the funniest thing ever. In fact they are quite sure that they have pulled off the biggest coup in college basketball and we are just all miserable about it. It's sad and funny at the same time.

They also have a post going about how Reed is playing for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the front. They think that is a bad thing.

They have no effing clue how things are going to be in a few years. Cal will suck that place dry in no time.

I think Cal likes recruiting more than coaching. Recruiting it’s a great opportunity for him to talk about all his “accomplishments” plus it comes with free meals on the university dime. He dinned the same recruits twice already once at Kentucky and now at Arkansas.

Reactions: Kattopper
I can get being disappointed at Players First from the fans perspective, but how is getting kids into the pro ranks supposed to be bad from the player's perspective?

Anyway, I would have liked to have seen Fland play for us. He's very crafty and smooth. He'll be a great PG somewhere. Too be that's somewhere else.

BTW, I heartily recommend breaking the Complain about Calipari Habit. He's gone. People got what they wanted. To continue moaning and screaming makes it seem as if you have some doubts.

May be true. No idea. I will say I think he went too hard on the paint this year for you all. But the Cason Wallace year felt perfect. Livingston just didn’t live up to the billing and Wheeler regressed. Still, y’all have an insane year. NCAAT is a crapshoot. Not an excuse, but Bill Self - who has built quite the juggernaut - struggled for a while with early exits.

Happens sometimes. We’ll see if he learns from it.
He would not even change to stay here. Really think if he didn't change this year for us it was his last being here. You would have to be a Kentucky fan to understand. He turned a large portion of the fans against him for ruining the program with his one and done priority. The heat was at an all time high this year. Probably thinking he can ride you all for five years and that will give him more time to add to his pro list.

You’d think having a big sample size, factoring in things like UK’ brand, their net experience, and how desperate and mediocre Arkansas is as a basketball program, people like this would see the forest through the trees.

But I guess that’s the point. It’s Arkansas, they don’t know what they’re doing. Well we do, and it’s going to be hilarious. Enjoy Nike hating your coach too that’s always been fun to work around.

He couldn’t torch UK like he did Memphis, he tried, but couldn’t. Man I feel sorry for yall when he’s done using the program on himself. We’ll give you some history on Calipari. He wants franchises and programs to be terrible when he’s gone, it’s his little thing.

Enjoy, hate it for ya but it is what it is. And you’ll never win with him because winning isn’t his point. He’s made that clear. The scoreboard has made that clear but again, we’re talking to Arkansas fans who have a poor brand and little history. I wouldn’t expect any of you to get it. We THREW him to you and said have it, you’d think you’d get the point of that. He didn’t want to be there he’s in purgatory. Look at his face lol.

You’ll see soon my friend. Then back to the cellar you go.
Not only does Nike hate him, but pretty much every referee in the SEC, and a large percentage nationally, can't stand him and give every benefit of doubt (sometimes even creating said doubt) to his opponent. I can't wait to be on the receiving end of that luxury...

I hope all his freshmen follow him. They will be stealing playing time from the portal guys. Hopefully, that is pointed out to some of the portal guys we are both recruiting.
Agreed…Flsnd is going to play 30 minutes a game…so why portal guards want to go to Arkansas…it’s a death wish to be honest

If DJ goes there…career suicidal

Reactions: ukfan041
If Portal players are dumb enough to sign with Arkansas with full awareness of CCC's freshmen first policy, they deserve wasting away on the bench.

Portal players have probably been our best players the last few years. We got Oscar and Reeves both out of the portal. We just had a flawed roster with missing pieces, but we did pick up a few great players from the portal. I just don't know now if we have the money to compete with some of the teams for a few years until Pope shows that he can win here. We've yet to land a big splash from the portal and some other new coaches have . Maybe we will get some late guys that are really good.

So Ohio State and USC are better basketball programs than Arkansas, that’s your position? I understand being salty to some degree but this is a weird take brother.
Both have a bigger brand than Arkansas and Nike cares about both much more. Try again. There’s a reason Muss dropped Arkansas like a bad habit and didn’t mind going to USC knowing it can be replicated, and Calipari wanted Ohio State not Arkansas.

You guys are totally clueless to how any of this works dear god. In what world does Nike care more about Arkansas than Ohio State? Only in your little town in the middle of nowhere. Calipari DID NOT want to go to Arkansas, he was stuck there after trying to fleece Kentucky and they said get out. He didn’t expect that. I’m sorry to tell you this, but Arkansas is desperate and did what any desperate institution does. Ohio State said not interested. There’s a reason for that.

Last edited:
Both have a bigger brand than Arkansas and Nike cares about both much more. Try again. There’s a reason Muss dropped Arkansas like a bad habit and didn’t mind going to USC knowing it can be replicated, and Calipari wanted Ohio State not Arkansas.

You guys are totally clueless to how any of this works. In what world does Nike care more about Arkansas than Ohio State? Only in your little town in the middle of nowhere.
Lol…Ok

Reactions: pigmania
What took him so long, pretty much figured this out some time ago, now how does this affect Wagner, since he has now been recruited over like Cal always does. Will he go to the hogs or look for a new home.
Pretty sure he’s already basically committed just on ice. Just based on how quiet his camp has been. Nobody really knows but that’s the perception.

I really kinda feel bad for Arkansas fans. (NOT) Just like Memphis tried to warn us about what Cal did to them before he left to come to UK, we have tried to warn Arkansas fans what he did to UK. He has a pattern and what's that old saying..."You can't teach an old dog new tricks"? Cal may do good the first one or two years, but he will fall back into his routine soon enough. I feel for them because it's obvious he didn't WANT to be at Arkansas, he ended up there because Ohio State told him no back in February. Then he tried to come back to Kentucky and we said no. I would feel awful if I were the THIRD choice, which is what Arkansas is. But just like we didn't listen at the time Memphis tried to warn us, Arkansas fans aren't listening to us. They will have to find out on their own, which I believe will be sooner than later because Cal doesn't look like he has too many years left to coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Rome26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT