ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden. Wait for it...

Once again, this seems like the classic misdirection when everyone knew where the kid was going, in this case Bolden to Duke, so some of his people put some pro UK stuff out there to give the announcement some of the suspense it had lost on the last few weeks.

Of course I hope I'm wrong but I'm just saying what it feels like to me. I will be proud to eat crow if I'm wrong.

While the reverse could easily be true.

Clearly, the PT advantage is UK...he starts here, while the dookies have him coming off the bench.

Amen!

Also, FYI, Matt is going to give away a golf cart.
%7B16E5769B-8493-415F-86CE-340E22CD4A6F%7Dbi_kim_others_1.jpg
Dibs on the far left.

LOL I love how this board acts like Jones is an insider as he is not . He just goes by whatever others are saying ie the wind blows. He has got the last few recruitments dead wrong - Brown , Murray ect . And I love , love love listening to him as he is one of us but recruitnik he is not. There are true insiders like Paul but you gotta pay for the info and it is the best money you could ever spend. Bolden has always favored UK he just had to get his parents on that side and I think Thornton did that for him. But people like to believe every rumor they hear so the tides of recruiting get rocky.

Sorry, but this is just silly.
Matt has proven several times that he has some serious inside info on recruiting, it seems as if the UK coaching staff lets him in on what they know.

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
I'll be honest. To me this is more about beating out dUKe for a recruit than actually getting this particular player. Most seem high on Bolden and his ranking speaks for itself but we've been to this rodeo before. Skal, for me anyway, has ended what was a fading trust in rankings and 'expert' predictions of sure things.

Having said that, I like beating dUKe so much that, like most of us, I'm anxiously waiting for the announcement.

Sorry, but this is just silly.
Matt has proven several times that he has some serious inside info on recruiting, it seems as if the UK coaching staff lets him in on what they know.

But there are also people who are closer than Matt in recruiting, and those people are reporting very different things than Matt is.

If we land Bolden it would be the true Fab Five according to Rivals:

PG Fox #5
SG Monk #6
PF Bam #7
SF Gabriel #17
C Bolden #16

That would blow Michigan's Fab Five away via the recruiting numbers.

My Goodness that's 5 of the top 17 players in America and all different positions!

Plus Killya Jones at #26 is wrapped up as well...That would be 6 of the top 26 players in America if Bolden commits.

Mind blowing.

Last edited:
Well I don't know what to tell ya. Leonard Washington did almost commit to UK and the South American PG story that was released wasn't written by Marc and it wasn't at TBK. Pilgrim... we never got to see in a game but judging by his time at Oklahoma State we can probably say he would've at least started at UK with Patrick Patterson, but also likely caused a fight or two.

As far as the Kenny Payne part. Do you know that story?... why that story was written? If so, then you're just trolling. If not, I don't care to explain it again although I really don't want to. There was a group of us that knew the story was a lie and was asked to be put out there to make Kenny's transition to UK easier. Word was getting out that he was gonna take the UK job and the fact that he was recruiting Jones to Oregon while UK was recruiting him also was gonna cause a major hang up in UK signing him when they wanted to. You need the whole thing with all the details? Marc knew perfectly fine Kenny Payne was gonna be the new coach, told the mods and a few members at the site that very thing, and then informed us he had to write a story to the contrary. He knew he'd catch shit for it but a certain assistant coach was his buddy.

I can vouch that what Jason is saying about Payne, and the way Marc handled it, is an absolute truth.

But there are also people who are closer than Matt in recruiting, and those people are reporting very different things than Matt is.

Im not saying Matt is always right, but without a doubt he has been right enough times to show he has some good connections with either UK or recruiting people

Today, he is very neutral , saying no one really knows what to expect. My guess is that means he has talked to some UK coaching staff and they are in the dark here

Reactions: EnglandWildcat
Boy did Hillary Clinton go down the wrong path. Promising to disclose alien and ufo info like her husband promised 24 years ago ........ All she had to do to make this a slam dunk race for her was get to the bottom of the Bolden recruitment lol....

Bolden..... More mysterious than aliens

Boy did Hillary Clinton go down the wrong path. Promising to disclose alien and ufo info like her husband promised 24 years ago ........ All she had to do to make this a slam dunk race for her was get to the bottom of the Bolden recruitment lol....

Bolden..... More mysterious than aliens
She is a Duke Fan.

I must have missed where dave kersey said that, and I don't think he's on the premy board. I did see where Bossi, TJ, and Paul gave their pro UK takes.

Would love to know what @davekersey thinks.

I have never said anything about Bolden other than I don't know where he will go and it's a toss up. I don't post anywhere, only on facebook with an occasional reply to something UK.

Reactions: jarms24
LOL I love how this board acts like Jones is an insider as he is not . He just goes by whatever others are saying ie the wind blows. He has got the last few recruitments dead wrong - Brown , Murray ect . And I love , love love listening to him as he is one of us but recruitnik he is not. There are true insiders like Paul but you gotta pay for the info and it is the best money you could ever spend. Bolden has always favored UK he just had to get his parents on that side and I think Thornton did that for him. But people like to believe every rumor they hear so the tides of recruiting get rocky.

What I love is that anytime someone repeats something he says or something at his site, we get people accusing them of loving Matt J ones or acting like he is an insider. Why can't people just relay what he is saying without it being more than that?

I have never said anything about Bolden other than I don't know where he will go and it's a toss up. I don't post anywhere, only on facebook with an occasional reply to something UK.
Thanks Dave. Didn't think you'd posted anything re: Bolden but wanted to check.

because this is Rafters and YOU MUST BE LABELED AS SOMETHING DAMNIT!!!!

Dammit*

I know, I know.. "Who's the a**hole that took out the N and added an M"

I say that about most things in the English language.

[winking]

My favorite professor at UK graduated from Duke and Lexington's Jeff Mullin became an All-America there. We should be more tolerant of their failings since we share a lot of history.

We now return you to our regularly schedule Duke bashing already in progress.

While I'd hate to lose someone, keep in mind that grabbing Bolden means Duke doesn't get him, and they have no standing with Allen. So in a way, grabbing Bolden is a double win, and puts Kentucky on it's own tier next year, with Duke and MSU being tier 2.

And to be honest, that might be worth it. The only player I'd say it's not, is if Briscoe were the one to leave. He's who I think we need most.

Reactions: Joneslab and .S&C.
If true, that Allen news is intriguing.

So it just randomly comes out on the Friday that Bolden may (or may not) announce that Allen is no longer a UK option? May mean nothing at all, but that seems strange to me.

To be fair, they think they're getting everyone. Hell, they probably still think Fox is a lock. Matt Scott is the biggest homer on the planet. The Duke insiders are way more plugged in than the KU guys.

Matt is such a dumbass and these idiot Kansas fans at the shiver buy up his drivel every single time. I swear to god they are getting every player in every class, then he slowly eliminates them one by one citing "new info".

Reactions: jarms24
I'm so confused I don't know whether I'm A. "Didn't want him anyway. The times I've seen him play he looked soft and uninterested" or B. "Wow. What a pick-up. I see lots of DeMarcus and Nerlens in his game."

"We don't need bolden. We have bam." (Even though we need bam at the 4)

"Omg this is insane. A true fab 5"

Rafters. Called this months ago.

Reactions: jrpross
What I love is that anytime someone repeats something he says or something at his site, we get people accusing them of loving Matt J ones or acting like he is an insider. Why can't people just relay what he is saying without it being more than that?

I think because his contacts aren't in recruiting circles, and people that know that say it because they don't want people thinking on way or the other on jones recruiting info. Spear had a great post about what is an "insider". Read it and you'll understand. It's not even close to what Matt does.

Like I said I'm fine with Matt nowadays especially after the Louisville shit. Found myself listening to him more and more. But a recruiting expert he's not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT