ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden to announce & sign Thursday

Matt Jones just said he is VERY confident that both staffs still didn't know the decision as of 9:00 this morning.

Thanks. If he gives any more updates - will you post it here?

Drew Franklin predicts Duke (says he wants to be wrong)
Matt picked UK - but said when his people in Lexington don't know, a guy has never chosen UK. All of his instincts tell him Duke but he is guessing UK.
Shannon the Dude picked UK

Said Evan Daniels and Bolden are really close and Matt talked to Evan last night and Evan said he had no clue what he was going to do. Daniels said he wouldn't be surprised if Bolden changes his mind up to the moment he announces.

Reactions: DanHalen88
does one first have to cheat in order to uncheat? Does that make everything right?

Ha, "I don't know about that..." but UK sure do have a wood chucker on da team!!! :rolleyes: (Oh, you have to be a John Wayne fan to get the quotes in some of my posts... I don't blame you...)

Drew Franklin's role in this is one of the weirder subplots to the whole thing.

The most mysterious recruit (outside Jamal Murray, but Canadians don't count) we've seen in years and Drew Franklin of all people was one of the first to have an in? Totally baffling and hilarious.

Duke's guy Adam Rowe reiterated this morning that he doesn't know. The only person nationally or from the UK/Duke insiders sides claiming anything with absolute confidence is Jerry Meyer.

As has been mentioned many times, Ralph Sampson did not know Virginia or Ky while riding to the press conference. It is not out of the question no one knows because Bolden doesn't know.

Matt picked UK - but said when his people in Lexington don't know, a guy has never chosen UK. All of his instincts tell him Duke but he is guessing UK.
Shannon the Dude picked UK

Said Evan Daniels and Bolden are really close and Matt talked to Evan last night and Evan said he had no clue what he was going to do. Daniels said he wouldn't be surprised if Bolden changes his mind up to the moment he announces.

Thanks @JFCats22.

I'll go ahead and say it now so I won't be accused of dumping on the kid if he chooses Duke: we'll be fine either way. We'll be ranked top 5 regardless of what the kid does. Which means we'll be in the hunt regardless of what the kid does. The hand wringing is and will be humorous, and overdone. We routinely get multiple 5 star recruits - but inevitably bemoan the one that got away. Would we be better with him? Very likely so. Will we be good enough without him? Looking at the history of NCAAT champions, very likely so. There are no guarantees either way. I hope we get him. If we don't, we'll be fine.

I'll never understand a guy being that undecided. You have to like one school more than the other. Have to. Just go with the school you like most. I mean damn.

I thought that too...tends to lend to simple-mindedness but I think he knows what he wants to do. Dude is tight-lipped and his family. I'll give them that to their favor. (TJ has to be the exception versus the rule..)

It's really surprising how little info is coming out.Bolden and those close to him are sure keeping things private.Neither side sounds very confident.

His minutes may go down but not much. He will play a lot and have a good senior year if he comes back. I can't stand people saying Lee sucks. Mark Coury sucked. Lee is average but will be an experienced player and help the new guys immensely. Without him we don't make the final four in 2014. He started off great last year but once he got injured against UCLA he never was the same for some reason. It amazes me that some people don't want him back. Its actually disgusting.
Quote me where I said that Lee sucks...

I just said that he won't play starters minutes next year.

He's proved that he's not elite.

"Not elite" and "sucks" are not the same thing.

I can't remember the last recruitment that had absolutely no leaks coming out leading up to the announcement. They have played the game well. I'm still saying he picks Kentucky.

Just read on Twitter that TJ Walker changed his pick from UK to Duke last night...not sure if that's true or not. Anybody see anything similar?

Just read on Twitter that TJ Walker changed his pick from UK to Duke last night...not sure if that's true or not. Anybody see anything similar?

It's true, but it's worth keeping in mind that he said it's not going to surprise him if UK is the pick. This is about as tricky a choice to call as we've seen in some time.

Where are you seeing that?
He's not. ANYWHERE. He's a troll UNC fan that came over to our boards and said "congrats you guys will be stacked next year now that you got him." No one even responded.

The common consensus of Duke fans is that he's UK bound and that we'll still be a great team next year. Not very uncommon on some of the UK fans that feel the same way even if you dont get them. I dont ever post here, but i'm sure as shit not going to let some UNC troll come over and act like we are saying one thing when literally no one is. People can guess all they want but that's all it is on our front.

He's not. ANYWHERE. He's a troll UNC fan that came over to our boards and said "congrats you guys will be stacked next year now that you got him." No one even responded.

The common consensus of Duke fans is that he's UK bound and that we'll still be a great team next year. Not very uncommon on some of the UK fans that feel the same way even if you dont get them. I dont ever post here, but i'm sure as shit not going to let some UNC troll come over and act like we are saying one thing when literally no one is. People can guess all they want but that's all it is on our front.

Don't call me a troll, I don't put your program down

For Jerry Meyer to be so sure of himself or others one would think something would have leaked by now ..

Matt just said that the Dook Rivals site is planning to stream the announcement.

TIFWIW

I got blasted when I said that Zimmerman, Newman, Jaylen Brown and a few others weren't coming and that's okay - it's the Internet ... No hard feelings.

Bolden is Duke bound. I don't care if you believe me or my "source" that's close to an assistant.

He hasn't been wrong in the past and I will gladly accept it if he is wrong. I hope he is wrong, but not feeling good after what I heard.

Not looking good with all the recent momentum leaning towards dook. Where is theDude who was guaranteeing he was going to UK?

For what it's worth, they announced last night via Twitter that they'd be streaming.

So is the UK 247 site.

OK. Thanks-- I wasn't aware of that. That makes it sound a little better. MJ did say it might be because its the same high school that Matt Jones ( the dook player) attended.

Still... after feeling confident, I'm getting a bit concerned about Bolden's choice, now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT