ADVERTISEMENT

Mahaney Commitment Watch

I’m so happy right now with the state of the program, I’ve just been reading the news and smiling. Mahaney would be the best news yet.

I’m confident Pope understands the assignment and I’m more than confident Alvin Brooks has done the assignment before, we’re here to win championships.

I might go to every game in Lexington this year, I’m up the wall right now and we aren’t even done building the roster.

Still going to need another wing and some practice guys but...yeah.
I could be the wing for that roster and they could still win 25 games.

Luckily they’re hosting Brea this week and Davis is seemingly back on the table, so I don’t think they will need my services out on the wing.

The program is in an amazing spot, don’t you worry, Pope is gonna win a lot of games here, and I believe he’s planning on winning them right away.

Luckily they’re hosting Brea this week and Davis is seemingly back on the table, so I don’t think they will need my services out on the wing.

The program is in an amazing spot, don’t you worry, Pope is gonna win a lot of games here, and I believe he’s planning on winning them right away.
Brea is Tuesday. Is it at UK or his home?

I’m so happy right now with the state of the program, I’ve just been reading the news and smiling. Mahaney would be the best news yet.

I’m confident Pope understands the assignment and I’m more than confident Alvin Brooks has done the assignment before, we’re here to win championships.

I might go to every game in Lexington this year, I’m up the wall right now and we aren’t even done building the roster.

I’m with ya brother! I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face if I tried! Get Great and Mahaney and I’m ready to tip it. Add Robinson and I’m booking room and flight for the final four!

Would we rather have Robinson or brea?
I think you’re overjoyed with either, but I don’t think it’s impossible to get both.

Brea’s recruitment should be wrapped up before Robinson is done getting feedback from the NBA, I could see a world where Robinson does want to follow Pope even if there’s a squad here already.

We can pay as good as anybody can pay except for the fantasy bidding war numbers that programs like Louisville offer players to get them signed, then they don’t get paid 1/2 of that and transfer out.

If we’re back in on Davis then missing on Mahaney doesn’t hurt. If we don’t get either it hurts, we don’t have a guard that’s an offensive talent that has played a minute of college basketball at that point.
Seems we are back in with Brea. Or at least we are getting a "meeting" with him. Plus, we still potentially add Robinson.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Pope knows how to manage him already, one less unknown.
I've seen some disgruntled BYU fans state that Pope should've started Robinson and that having him come off the bench was a mistake. Just something to keep an eye on. Could just be sour grapes or trolls, of course.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, I wanna wait to see the final roster before I start making 25 game win predictions. They have the capability probably but how they play together will matter too. Let’s just be happy at what’s going down and support the guys when they start the games. We will see from there!

Reactions: RunninRichie
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, I wanna wait to see the final roster before I start making 25 game win predictions. They have the capability probably but how they play together will matter too. Let’s just be happy at what’s going down and support the guys when they start the games. We will see from there!
I still can't believe Cal is gone. It's like im dreaming.

I've seen some disgruntled BYU fans state that Pope should've started Robinson and that having him come off the bench was a mistake. Just something to keep an eye on. Could just be sour grapes or trolls, of course.
I can’t say that I know enough about last years BYU team to say he should or shouldn’t have, unlike our Reed situation. However, if that is the case and Pope is wanting to bring him in, I imagine they’ll discuss his role for this year. Could be the difference in landing him or not.

Will be interesting if he pulls out of the draft.

Reactions: JPFisher
I've seen that but I also saw somewhere, (think I heard the announcers talking about it in a game I watched on YouTube) that Robinson requested to come off the bench because it made him more comfortable.

I've seen that but I also saw somewhere, (think I heard the announcers talking about it in a game I watched on YouTube) that Robinson requested to come off the bench because it made him more comfortable.
Robinson considering Kentucky after coming off the bench as BYU's best player makes more sense if that's the case. Hard to see the rationale for coming here otherwise.

Their top two scorers came off the bench—Khalifa started over Traore at center. I’d like to hear Pope talk about that decision because it sounds awfully similar to Reed and Rob coming off the bench last season and that obviously wasn’t popular with we the fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT