ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden choice coming soon !!!!!

Would certainly be a nice pick me up. Cal knows BBN needs one right now, I hope the timing is what the dr. Ordered-Indy

Good it will help with sour taste left from getting set up by the selection committee

Marques bolden father tells Adam zagoria his choice will be made very soon . No date set. My guess is he will commit to uk right before the McDonald's game or maybe at the game.
You seem to have a good take on things based on previous statements. Any idea on how the scholarship situation shakes out? Bolden presumably puts us one over. Thanks in advance.

Man what a group that would be . My bet is Mulder leaves and we look like this next year

Fox/Monk/Briscoe/Bam/Bolden

bench - Hawkins/Willis/Humphries/Gabriel /Lee ( those guys all play alot )

Tai/SKJ/Matthews - these 3 don't play much at all. If lee does leave Matthews plays more .

Thats 8 five stars.....
:flushed:

Who cares...Unless we are ALOT better than everybody else in the field we won't win another title. The committee will see to that. Look at the phantom offensive foul calls yesterday for proof.

Plz dont compare this yrs team that had 5 five stars to next yrs team that could have 8.
8 much better than 5.

Plz dont compare this yrs team that had 5 five stars to next yrs team that could have 8.
8 much better than 5.

True, but I've seen the evils of the NCAA and how they play to their favorites. We are not on that list. Duke and MSU will be comparable to us next year and the committee will see that they get much easier roads to the Final Four than we do. Therefore, the odds are already against us.

Bolden to UK would be huge and incredible.

Scholarship situation will work itself out but seems like Cal must know that one of Lee, Briscoe, Mulder, etc....aren't returning.

Hope Briscoe comes back, he could be a key to next year's team.

SKJ, you boys don't think he can time next yr? I don't know a lot about his game
He would of been the best bigman on our team this year besides Poy but next year with Bolden we will be loaded at the 3-5 spots. Bolden/Humphries and Tai at center Bam/Lee/SKJ at PF and Gabreil and Willis at SF so there is only so many minutes to go around. SKJ is a future 1st rounder but he will be a 2 year player.

Hump couldn't get consistent minutes this yr, but I get what you are saying about the talent coming. I hope some of these guys like hump & cm can get some tine to develop like others early in the season.

Reactions: mattrudd
Hump couldn't get consistent minutes this yr, but I get what you are saying about the talent coming. I hope some of these guys like hump & cm can get some tine to develop like others early in the season.
I think this is one thing that hurts the development of some of the multi-year guys. Cal will play the more talented player and in order to have the team ready for March it's necessary that he play them the majority of minutes from the beginning of the season. Then the next season the same thing happens again.

Reactions: mattrudd
I think this is one thing that hurts the development of some of the multi-year guys. Cal will play the more talented player and in order to have the team ready for March it's necessary that he play them the majority of minutes from the beginning of the season. Then the next season the same thing happens again.

Agreed. The only reason we discovered Willis could help the team (before his injury) was because Skal was a bust.

I'd like to see the staff really focus on getting the most out of guys like Humphries and Matthews. Unlike a guy like Marcus Lee, the potential to grow is there. Cultivate it.

Reactions: WindyCityWildcat
Unless someone leaves before he commits, I don't see him coming here. That would put us over and then if someone leaves, it looks like they were forced out.

Yes, and that's why the opportunity Willis got this year doesn't happen often under Cal. Still Cal went out and got him and Dom following the 2013 season, and this year was exactly why. We do need multi year guys who develop, but they also need PT.

Reactions: ukfan041
Man what a group that would be . My bet is Mulder leaves and we look like this next year

Tai/SKJ/Matthews - these 3 don't play much at all. If lee does leave Matthews plays more .
You all keep sleeping on Skj .... Kid will be really good

Hopefully he doesn't end up at Duke. They're already loaded for bear next season, even without Jack Trapper returning.

Agreed. The only reason we discovered Willis could help the team (before his injury) was because Skal was a bust.
I see people say this but it's really not true. He had 14 then 11 points in the 1st two games of the season while Skal was playing well. His playing time fluctuated because of his awful defense and as it improved, he played more. But as he played well early on Cal gave him his shot.

I'd like to see the staff really focus on getting the most out of guys like Humphries and Matthews. Unlike a guy like Marcus Lee, the potential to grow is there. Cultivate it.

Exactly, that is the only reason Willis got a chance..........everyone playing in front of him could drop a handful of corn & hit the floor

Lee needs to move on..........has not improved in 3 years & will not play at all next year. Matthews should move on as well. Nice athlete, but could not score in an empty gym. You have to have shooters to win & keep the middle open

Who cares...Unless we are ALOT better than everybody else in the field we won't win another title. The committee will see to that. Look at the phantom offensive foul calls yesterday for proof.

Are you kidding me? Every time we got called for an offensive foul, our guy clearly pushed off with an extended arm...and they called them against IU as well.

Gabriel is a 6'10" version of Briscoe but is better then him in every aspect of the game.

Fox. Briscoe. Hawkins
Monk. Willis. Matthews
Bolden. Lee Humphries
Bam. Wynyard
Gabriel. SKJ

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT