ADVERTISEMENT

Blue/white game

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ny-brooks-blue-white-event-today/75649392007/

Well, according to the CJ, there's not even gonna be a inter-squad scrimmage. Just an "interactive fan event"
Why is there even gonna be radio then.

Man, UK Athletics just FUBAR'd the crap out of this.
I won't be a happy camper if there's no full-on scrimmage. It's the only reason I'm interested in going! To each his own, and I appreciate the players and the enjoyment they bring me watching them play, but personally I'm not interested in a meet-and-greet or some game-show atmosphere type thing.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I won't be a happy camper if there's no full-on scrimmage. It's the only reason I'm interested in going! To each his own, and I appreciate the players and the enjoyment they bring me watching them play, but personally I'm not interested in a meet-and-greet or some game-show atmosphere type thing.

I hope you get some action. But it's apparently not going to be a "game". Whomever came up with this brilliant idea needs to join Cal in hitting the road.

If you're going let us know what's up.

I keep getting a sinking feeling it's gonna be like that Wonka Event that was billed as "breathtaking" and it turned out to be a joke. I really really hope that's not what happens here.

I was looking forward to watching the blue white game. Now I'm hearing I can't ever watch it again?

We will see about that.
I encourage everybody to make contact with UK athletics and radio shows connected to UK Athletics. Let em know how we feel.
They will get less NIL because of this.. not more. I'll never give em another God damn dollar myself. I've donated $500. taking the blue white game and turning into this bullshit.... enough is enough. YOU GET NOTHING

I was looking forward to watching the blue white game. Now I'm hearing I can't ever watch it again?

We will see about that.
I encourage everybody to make contact with UK athletics and radio shows connected to UK Athletics. Let em know how we feel.
They will get less NIL because of this.. not more. I'll never give em another God damn dollar myself. I've donated $500. taking the blue white game and turning into this bullshit.... enough is enough. YOU GET NOTHING
Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Hold up a second

so on top of charging people an arm and a leg, it's not an actual "game"

lmfao. Who thought this was a good idea.
And its in conjunction with the women's team (which is fine but some will complain); they've just completely destroyed this event and man, are they going to hear it from the fanbase.

If anyone does go from this board, please report back on what it actually was including if you enjoyed it.

I'm stunned by this decision.

Blue/White game was always something I took my son to. It was an affordable way to watch UK from the lower level of Rupp.

I get NIL changes things but surely they could have gone about this a different way.
I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. As a season ticket holder I expect them to raise the prices and move a high profile game or two to neutral sites. If they do either I am out.

And its in conjunction with the women's team (which is fine but some will complain); they've just completely destroyed this event and man, are they going to hear it from the fanbase.

If anyone does go from this board, please report back on what it actually was including if you enjoyed it.

I complained only because we had that last Friday. The BW is supposed to be a men's scrimmage.

As annoyed as everyone is, I can only imagine the outrage if cal was still here and this happened lol.

We will see about that.

I'd recommed getting irate about something in life that really mattered as there's lots out there to get angry and seethe about....not the blue/white half-a$$ scrimmage. Especially since EVERY single game, pre-season and real will be available to watch.

This looks dumb as hell. No offense to anyone who is there and enjoying it.

Will the pre season game next week be an actual basketball game or a dance off? Asking for a friend.
They’d have made more selling $20 seats to Rupp for this same event. Some fool thought there’d be enough people in KY to be willing and able to pay this much for this “event”?

FAIL

Exactly. Also, they are saving $4MM per year on Pope. That’s their money now- still have to get every penny they can from the fans.
You think this is bad you should check out the professional sports and what they do to those fans. They bring in tons of money from TV and streamers. They then charge insane amounts of money to go to their pro games and buy stuff... way passed what college sports do to fans.
All the sports are getting insane TV contract money and instead of cutting ticket prices they just pay the players more and charge us more!!! Lol we the true ****ing idiots letting all the sports play us like they do. Cuz make no mistake they're playing us for idiots.
Example:

They advertise what they're getting from their TV contracts and streaming platforms. They advertise what they're paying the players. ESPN will report all this shit like it's news.
Right under our noses making shit tons of money and still charging us shit tons of money.
We dumb but I'm here to make us undumb. Words are powerful.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKortho
From HOB

We’re still sitting here listening to music. I have no idea what’s going on. One fan said “I would have rather just donated my money and stayed home.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT