ADVERTISEMENT

Blast from the Past!

ArcadiaFan

Sophomore
Jan 29, 2021
Whoever the next coach is, better bring this style with him. So many want to bring back a former coach for a second stint, I'd much rather have Tubby but he is happily retired but it wouldn't hurt to make the call to check for certain.

He really went into a tailspin after he left. He kept downgrading from Kentucky to Minnesota to Texas Tech to Memphis to High Point, where he did not do well.

He had a great run, but it’s over.

Reactions: Farsight
Nope, tubby left several years late much like cal. In no way do we need to revisit the 10 loss tubby years!
I know we're all just dreaming, hoping, mourning. What about asking him to come back as a defensive coach? I was a big younger when he was really here, but after what we've had to deal with for 15 years it seems Tubby was a really decent person, cared about coaching for UK.

Reactions: ArcadiaFan
Nope, tubby left several years late much like cal. In no way do we need to revisit the 10 loss tubby years!
Several years? He was a 1, 1 and two seed in years 6,7 and 8.

I agree he should have left after the 8 seed. Only coach I’ve seen getting hate after cutting down nets.

Reactions: ArcadiaFan
Tubby lost 10+ games in 5 of the years he coached here. If my math is right, that’s 50% of the time he spent here. He was run off by the fan base for a reason! The fact the people don’t remember how those years played out is baffling to me.

Better X and O coach the Cal by miles. But he didn’t want to recruit the kind of ball players you needed to win at the highest level. We need a coach that is a good C and O coach, and wants to recruit the best thru the portal and out of high school.

Tubby and Cal were both great people off the court. However both failed to sustain being competitive for final fours every year. Why? Because both were set in their ways, and refused to change.

Is expecting to be competitive for a final four every year unreasonable? Maybe, but that’s the beast that is the BBN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT