ADVERTISEMENT

BJ Boston #4 in the new Rivals150; Clarke #5

With it looking more like we are losing Nick is there any chance of getting a good big that can protect the rim and rebound. Right now we have a team full of guards and forwards but no post presence for next season.

With it looking more like we are losing Nick is there any chance of getting a good big that can protect the rim and rebound. Right now we have a team full of guards and forwards but no post presence for next season.

Ware and Jackson are a great start.

Ware is a smooth scorer in the paint and can knock down mid range jumpers as well. Jackson is one of the top 3 post defenders / shot blockers in the class.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
That's a little too high, but it'll correct itself by May. He deserves the reward bump for his play so far, I just don't think it holds.

Greg Brown is the major one currently in this class.

Still a possibility Banchero reclassifies from 2021.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
That's a little too high, but it'll correct itself by May. He deserves the reward bump for his play so far, I just don't think it holds.

If he drops, I don't think it'll be far. The spotlight can't get any brighter for him (until he gets to UK of course) and he is answering the call in a big way. But only time will tell.

Disappointing that Askew and Jackson dropped. I like what I've seen of Askew, but it seems like a decent chunk of folks on here aren't real high on him.

Unless they are AD type talent typically 6'8" - 6'9" guys who weigh 200 lbs aren't low post banger and rim protectors. Hopefully we either get Banchero to reclassify or those guys have a physicality that we will need.

If he drops, I don't think it'll be far. The spotlight can't get any brighter for him (until he gets to UK of course) and he is answering the call in a big way. But only time will tell.

It won't be far at all, maybe the 7-8 range. I think at the end of the rankings, they try to project talent more than performance so I think he'll fall behind a few guys.

But he absolutely deserves to be in the conversation and in this tier of the rankings, so I'm glad they moved him up.

Greg Brown is the major one [for rebounding and rim protection] currently in this class.
Is Brown a better rebounder and rim protector than Jackson? I feel like Brown and Jackson will kind of overlap in what they will be able to provide as college freshmen. For that reason, I'm thinking that if we look past the fact that Brown is ranked higher, it's possible that Clifford Omoruyi might actually provide more of what the team would be lacking next season?

Disappointing that Askew and Jackson dropped. I like what I've seen of Askew, but it seems like a decent chunk of folks on here aren't real high on him.

Jackson deserved a bump. He's put on some bulk and has expanded his perimeter skills. Will be a major key to our success next season.

Askew is held back because he's not flashy or ultra-athletic. He is just a sound basketball player that beats you with fundamentals, skill, and bball IQ. He's also a terrific shooter.

it’s due to him playing very well consistently then taking it up a notch compared to those ranked ahead of him who haven’t been as consistent and have some no shows since the last update

we all saw it with his own teammate. The games on ESPN, one game Zaire looks top five and the next game he looked like a top 30

Reactions: GonzoCat90
From the bit I have seen, he isn't flashy or super exciting. He kind of just gets forgotten in the flow of the game, but then you look at the stat sheet after and he routinly puts up great numbers. He is a nice shooter too. I am kind of expecting an Andrew Harrison/Brandon Knight/SGA type hybrid. Better scorer than Andrew, but not the focal point of offense like Knight was and not at athletic or long as SGA.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Askew is held back because he's not flashy or ultra-athletic. He is just a sound basketball player that beats you with fundamentals, skill, and bball IQ. He's also a terrific shooter.
I agree with you. I really like the Askew signing, and previously compared him in some ways to a bigger Quade Green. Which, in my mind, is a compliment and indicates that he has the makings of a top notch college PG. Green was held back by his lack of size and athleticism, but I contend that if you put his skills in a 6'4" body and get him to be primarily a distributor, then you've got a heck of a college PG - and that's what I envision Askew being. Plus, the best part may be that Askew's lack of flashiness and elite athleticism keeps him around 2 (or God forbid) 3 years.

Randal and Harrison were both top 5 in 2013 according to Rivals. Other than that KAT and Skal have been our only top 5 recruits by Rivals rankings. Just a side note From 2013 until present Duke's had 11 top 5 guys. Of course we have both had several in the 6-10 range. So while Duke may be doing better on the recruiting trail they don't have the post season results to show for it.

I agree with you. I really like the Askew signing, and previously compared him in some ways to a bigger Quade Green. Which, in my mind, is a compliment and indicates that he has the makings of a top notch college PG. Green was held back by his lack of size and athleticism, but I contend that if you put his skills in a 6'4" body and get him to be primarily a distributor, then you've got a heck of a college PG - and that's what I envision Askew being. Plus, the best part may be that Askew's lack of flashiness and elite athleticism keeps him around 2 (or God forbid) 3 years.

Askew is like Tre Jones from Duke. Can beat you on the dribble, and shoot the hell out of the three ball. Dude hit 4 threes in a row in a game I watched. Hes a great guard. He has a fire about him, like someone told him he wasn't good enough when he was younger lol. I am liking the way this class is shaping up, but I don't think we get Greg brown. Hes essentially a smaller Jackson. It would be the same as the Whitney/Brooks situation this year. Both get equal playing time until one takes a step forward. Don't get me wrong, I love Brown's game but I am not sure he can shoot. His highlights are all Whitney-esque. Lot's of dunks on smaller opponents.

We have to get another true 6-11 C even if he is a WIP. Aka Kepnang, Omaruyi or CISSE.

Reactions: Fox2monk and G-PIP
Maybe just me, but I think Biancardi is awful at his job. His rankings seem to gravitate toward ACC schools especially.

Reactions: 21crobe0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT