ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z

For all of you who have said that Big Z should not be playing meaningful minutes, you have no basketball IQ
I've been saying all year, what could have been if Cal would have just given him minutes, especially in our blowout wins?

I just enjoy watching him play so much. It isn't perfect, but it sure is fun.

I've been saying all year, what could have been if Cal would have just given him minutes, especially in our blowout wins?

I just enjoy watching him play so much. It isn't perfect, but it sure is fun.
You , Mike-Mc and me prob the loudest hollering for Z to be given a chance .. and every time he gets more than 1-2-3 minutes of PT he shines out .

Agreed. He gets lost on D quite a bit. However, there is zero reason he shouldn’t be getting ALL of Bradshaws minutes. His offense is light years better and they are pretty similar defensively.
And pretty similar is being nice to Bradshaw…. Z occasionally meets someone at the rim for a physical block.

I like Bradshaw. I wish he’d stay and add 20-30lbs of muscle and be a force…this just isn’t his time

And pretty similar is being nice to Bradshaw…. Z occasionally meets someone at the rim for a physical block.

I like Bradshaw. I wish he’d stay and add 20-30lbs of muscle and be a force…this just isn’t his time
Agreed. I like Bradshaw as well. He’s the perfect example of a kid who could make a huge jump if he stayed next year and added muscle, as you mentioned. It won’t happen but he has potential. Z just happens to have much more at this moment.

I argued with someone last week about the offensive difference with Bradshaw and Z. Hard for me to believe anyone who isn’t a complete moron can’t see the discrepancy.

It's unfortunate that the NCAA and Cal have held him back. He needs game time to get better, but he would come in and get a couple minutes and didn't get to play through mistakes most games. Today he got to and you see how he can do. It sucks that as usual, we won't get to see the best of a player until they leave. Guarantee the NBA will take him on potential this year.

He did not get lost on D "quite a bit" today.
I never said he did chief. Just that he has in the past. I also was ver clear that whatever defensive deficiencies he may have, he is light years better than Bradshaw and should be getting all of his minutes moving forward. I have been on the Big Z train for some time.

Z can shine when he doesn’t have to guard a traditional big man. He struggles in bully ball.

He shines like a new penny in these kind of games. He certainly opens the offensive end up with both his shooting and passing.

MSU will be a good test for him.

The best news is he and Ugo are obviously getting majority of those mins. I hope AB breaks out like Edwards, but he needs to come back and work on his game and body this summer.

Reactions: Mike-D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT