ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z

Catluv

Junior
Dec 18, 2018
We had SS sit out but Big Z wants to play and Bradshaw came back from a injury. Can we put SS to rest and not bring him up. I didn’t like how that went down but good riddance. Hope his name is a blast from the past.!This team is a blast to watch!!

We had SS sit out but Big Z wants to play and Bradshaw came back from a injury. Can we put SS to rest and not bring him up. I didn’t like how that went down but good riddance. Hope his name is a blast from the past.!This team is a blast to watch!!
Ok then.

The last time I recall any thread topic about it was mid-November when we were all up in arms as to why Bradshaw seemed fine, but had yet to play.

As 2nd poster said, you brought him up, and in an entirely new thread to boot!

Reactions: NociHTTP
Ok then.

The last time I recall any thread topic about it was mid-November when we were all up in arms as to why Bradshaw seemed fine, but had yet to play.

As 2nd poster said, you brought him up, and in an entirely new thread to boot!

Serves as a reminder, though. Because the next time a player is injured and we don't know his status, some here will try and say it's the next Sharpe situation, They did this with Cason's injury last year, and they did it with BigZ.

I think the SS scenario has a lot of us a little scarred but it's important to remember that this really was a one-off situation, and likely one that Cal isn't going to let happen again because he had the most to lose. Sharpe not playing 100% caused us to lose to St. Peters. We win that game, and maybe a few more based on how well he's playing in the NBA, and we never have that early round upset. That really changed his legacy in just one season.

Serves as a reminder, though. Because the next time a player is injured and we don't know his status, some here will try and say it's the next Sharpe situation, They did this with Cason's injury last year, and they did it with BigZ.

I think the SS scenario has a lot of us a little scarred but it's important to remember that this really was a one-off situation, and likely one that Cal isn't going to let happen again because he had the most to lose. Sharpe not playing 100% caused us to lose to St. Peters. We win that game, and maybe a few more based on how well he's playing in the NBA, and we never have that early round upset. That really changed his legacy in just one season.
It also was said about Bradshaw and Ugonna. Just hope it stops. Never take a guy that won’t play.

It also was said about Bradshaw and Ugonna. Just hope it stops. Never take a guy that won’t play.

I truly don't think Cal knew Sharpe would do this. Maybe there was always a hint this might wind up being the case, but I don't think Cal would take a kid if he knows he won't play. The Sharpe fiasco practically ruined him, and at the very least, it was a catalyst for a bad year that, if another bad year had happened after, it might have cost him his job. It certainly screwed up his legacy, and I just can't imagine he'd willingly go down this path again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT