ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z will be at UK.

It's starting to sound positive again from what I have heard.
Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

Just saw that. Anyone want to share?

Just read somewhere else the update includes:

-UK has shown Big Z enough love that he's no longer entertaining any other schools that told him they could get him through admissions.

-This solidified Big Z sticking with UK, just gotta get him through admissions. They are still working on it.

Not sure why everyone is hanging on every small scrap of news (or lack there of) regarding this guy? By all accounts he has a lot of work to do to be ready to compete for time on the floor. Do we need guys off the bench? Yes, but we also need guys with real skills that will demand the ball and then put it in the basket.
Z isn't Larry Bird. Yes, it would be good to have him as he MIGHT bring some depth. But, some of you guys act like he's a NBA All Star in waiting or something.

Don’t be a dick. You don’t know anything more than him. One of you will be right but it won’t be because you’re any smarter than the other
You name call a LOT. The OP posted a title that was an assertion, had nothing to back it up, basically trolling the rest of the board, and you defend him AND name call at the same time?

Grow up.

Just read somewhere else the update includes:

-UK has shown Big Z enough love that he's no longer entertaining any other schools that told him they could get him through admissions.

-This solidified Big Z sticking with UK, just gotta get him through admissions. They are still working on it.
STILL working on it. I just don't understand.....I'm glad they are STILL working on it but this is nuts.

Not sure why everyone is hanging on every small scrap of news (or lack there of) regarding this guy? By all accounts he has a lot of work to do to be ready to compete for time on the floor. Do we need guys off the bench? Yes, but we also need guys with real skills that will demand the ball and then put it in the basket.
Z isn't Larry Bird. Yes, it would be good to have him as he MIGHT bring some depth. But, some of you guys act like he's a NBA All Star in waiting or something.
He's a projected first round pick. I want him.

So the Pilgrim news is Z isn't moving onto another program which says to me it's not over. The part I've never heard of is how can this delay until mid October and he can eligible with partial semester and play for UK this October/November? I've never heard of this partial semester for an athlete.

No news is good news. Expect Big Z at UK.
No when the season is a month and half away no news is terrible news
If he wasn’t eligible, it would be announced. Get a life morons
If he’s not eligible or at least still trying, why hasn’t he announced for another school?

No news is - literally - no news. In the absence of actual news, people revert to their own thought preferences. But there is literally nothing here.

But we can probably make reasonable inferences. Because there is no news, we can infer either that Ivisic cannot get admitted anywhere, or else he is singularly committed to seeing it through with Kentucky one way or the other. Or both.

Travis Branham recently said getting Ivisic admitted to Kentucky is a longshot. That isn't exactly news, but it falls under the category of analysis. I heard Branham's statement, but I could not tell if he actually knew something, or whether he was just guessing like everyone else.

Since Kentucky has not issued an announcement, we can infer either that they are still working on his application or else they felt a public announcement of his final status was not appropriate at this time. We have been down this road before. If Cal did to me what he has done to the Admissions Office by not checking with them for admission guidance before offering this scholarship to a Croatian FIBA player, I might be inclined to let him make the announcement himself.

The "he will not help us, he is not that good" is the new "we didn't want him" when a player commits to another school. Some of you can't help but be negative no matter the news. IMO he will be a Cat. If not he would have moved on to another team. Once again just my OPINION.

The "he will not help us, he is not that good" is the new "we didn't want him" when a player commits to another school. Some of you can't help but be negative no matter the news. IMO he will be a Cat. If not he would have moved on to another team. Once again just my OPINION.
I don’t know how anybody can watch his highlights and think he can’t help. He may struggle with physically but he is what modern bigs are and how they are going to play

Reactions: Fox2monk and TM2013
No news is - literally - no news. In the absence of actual news, people revert to their own thought preferences. But there is literally nothing here.

But we can probably make reasonable inferences. Because there is no news, we can infer either that Ivisic cannot get admitted anywhere, or else he is singularly committed to seeing it through with Kentucky one way or the other. Or both.

Travis Branham recently said getting Ivisic admitted to Kentucky is a longshot. That isn't exactly news, but it falls under the category of analysis. I heard Branham's statement, but I could not tell if he actually knew something, or whether he was just guessing like everyone else.

Since Kentucky has not issued an announcement, we can infer either that they are still working on his application or else they felt a public announcement of his final status was not appropriate at this time. We have been down this road before. If Cal did to me what he has done to the Admissions Office by not checking with them for admission guidance before offering this scholarship to a Croatian FIBA player, I might be inclined to let him make the announcement himself.
Considering Cal has done this over 100 kids, he probably figured there was no issue. Or maybe he was told "Hey, we will get this through no problem." And went off that. Even experts hit snags. We scheduled maintenance one night for something that should've taken 30 minutes. Routine. Told our clients that. We hit a major issue that then took nearly 5 hours to correct. We of course let our clients know with timed communication, etc. Point being, we never would've dreamed we'd hit that issue. Are we at fault? I'd say no. Sometimes crap happens, no matter what planning you do. Cal went off their word perhaps. Now, the reason everyone is a tizzy is because there's a piece of paper and a signature that could fix this in a heartbeat. And yet here we are going on nearly two months.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I agree. He is actually what NBA teams are dying for. A stretch big who can shoot from.range and handle the ball. He played against grown ass men in some of those leagues. The best he looked was against players in the under 18, guys he will be facing in college. He will not be facing 25-30 year old guys.
Now I am not saying he would be all SEC, but he can play and would be a solid rotation guy. Lol, people bit he'd about not enough bigs and then a 1st round graded NBA can comitt and they complain he is not very good. Only at UK. ONLY at UK do we see such silliness.

So the Pilgrim news is Z isn't moving onto another program which says to me it's not over. The part I've never heard of is how can this delay until mid October and he can eligible with partial semester and play for UK this October/November? I've never heard of this partial semester for an athlete.
My guess is half semester classes. full credit just accelerated pace. 🤷‍♂️

There were lots saying the same thing about Shaedon couple years ago. You always need talent.

Last edited:
D1 may be different but at NAIA level I know of kids who enrolled mid semester and were eligible

For those who need help reading the tea leaves and chicken bones, here you go: it was said two weeks before that big Z was not going to take a test again (entrance? SAT?) and then this Pilgrim news is that he now seems to have made a decision not to transfer to schools that have promised him straight A's and lunch money from jump street. So that sounds like he will now possibly do some work (take a test again?) or do a few academic tasks that help support that he is a qualified student. Then it's up to Admissions to say the quality of those completed tasks are worthy of admission to UK. I would bet this is the state of the shiz.

For those who need help reading the tea leaves and chicken bones, here you go: it was said two weeks before that big Z was not going to take a test again (entrance? SAT?) and then this Pilgrim news is that he now seems to have made a decision not to transfer to schools that have promised him straight A's and lunch money from jump street. So that sounds like he will now possibly do some work (take a test again?) or do a few academic tasks that help support that he is a qualified student. Then it's up to Admissions to say the quality of those completed tasks are worthy of admission to UK. I would bet this is the state of the shiz.
I think all his tests like the ACT/SAT or equivalent were very good, just this proven English test which is so dumb because many students don’t speak a lick of it and get in just fine.

Reactions: WallMashKyBall
We have had at least 2 players that ended up on campus and didn't play at all. We had another player who didn't play enough to make a difference. So, showing up on campus isn't doesn't mean he will play.
Sure, doesn't 100% mean he will play but the odds are very high he'll play if he makes it to campus. Let's hope he does!

I believe that after 2 weeks or more if Ivisic wasn't coming or planning on coming he would have already been at another school. I believe the backing Ivisic has received on Social Media from the fans and Coach Cal fighting for him to be at UK it is looking more positive today. Most players would have left after Day 1 if they had went through what Ivisic has went through the last 2 weeks or more from UK admissions office. You would think someone at UK or multiple people at UK has told Ivisic that they would get this worked out or Ivisic would have already went to another school being late September. Most Kids would have already left and went to another school after 2 or more weeks. That is why I think it is looking better for UK with it being over 2 weeks now and Ivisic still at Kentucky and hasn't mentioned another school.

Reactions: westerncat
You name call a LOT. The OP posted a title that was an assertion, had nothing to back it up, basically trolling the rest of the board, and you defend him AND name call at the same time?

Grow up.
I only call people names when they deserve it. I thought the guy was being a dick. So I called him a dick. I didn’t even realize he was responding to the OP. It didn’t matter though. The guy I called a dick was literally angry that someone had optimism and told him to get a life. You don’t see a problem with that?

Their “partial semester” explanation sounds weird but it’s just a normal thing. Some classes last the entire semester. Others only for the first half. Others only the last half. So long as you are enrolled in 12 hours of classes anytime during the semester you are considered a full time student. So in this case he would just have all of his classes be the courses that only run “partial semester” in the back half of the semester.

You do? I bet he know just as much as you do. It’s a message board. He can say whatever he wants. He doesn’t owe you anything.

I know this, you’re gonna be big mad if he’s right.
If who's right? I want Ivisic to play more than you do. Of course, Cal disappoints more than he delivers, so as of right now it doesn't look good. You just keep calling names, everybody knows how childish you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT