ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z Officially Admitted to UK

Alright. Great News!

UK-Blues-Brothers.gif

I hope someone tells us what was going on behind the scenes, but not if it’s going to make Z look bad.
How would it make him look bad? We've known the whole time it was UK admissions not letting him in because of a failed admissions test. That he re-took early last week. It was reported most everywhere that has a UK beat, something else could come out who knows, but as of now there isn't some conspiracy theory.

Ask the NCAA. Apparently the N now stands for naive.

Are you serious? If we are still waiting for an NCAA ruling on the kids amateurism status we are unequivocally screwed, well, blue.
This is no news at all then.
This sucks man, no way the NCAA lets him help bring Kentucky another title.
Damn, got my hopes up for absolutely nothing!
A nothing burger with fries and a DC plz!

Last edited:
Are you seriously? If we are still waiting for an NCAA ruling on the kids amateurism status we are unequivocally screwed, well, blue.
This is no news at all then.
This sucks man, no way the BCAA lets him help bring Kentucky another title.
Damn, got my hopes up for absolutely nothing!
A nothing burger with fries and a DC plz!
It's not quite a nothing burger. He's admitted. Eligibility will follow. I don' think that they would've admitted him without him not being pretty much good to go.

Better late than never. I haven’t seen it mentioned, but has he been in the states or still back home during all of this?

How would it make him look bad? We've known the whole time it was UK admissions not letting him in because of a failed admissions test. That he re-took early last week. It was reported most everywhere that has a UK beat, something else could come out who knows, but as of now there isn't some conspiracy theory.
You answered your own question. See how easy that was?

Oh hell yeah, phase one complete. Now lets get the visa and gett him cleared.

I understand, but there's no way they can use that argument with a straight face anymore. We've got college kids driving Lambo's. There's nothing amateur about it anymore.
Only prob is thats under the guise of the NCAAs NIL conditions. If he was playing for pay in Europe that's totally different right?

Only prob is thats under the guise of the NCAAs NIL conditions. If he was playing for pay in Europe that's totally different right?
Probably in some stupid legalese. But there's no way they can enforce that without someone claiming bias. It would completely violate the spirit of the rules. "Sorry, you can't play because you made money...." Meanwhile:
USC’s Evan Mobley is another player who has secured a major NIL deal. Mobley signed a five-year deal with Nike and received a bonus of over $500,000. The deal grants him access to Nike’s design team and allows him to create his own signature shoe. Additionally, Mobley is part of the Nike Elite program, which gives him exclusive apparel and apparel designs.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think this is a appeasement tweet. It won't take long now for full eligibility. And I doubt they would've let him in if he couldn't be cleared to play.
That doesn’t quite fly. The school and program would look terrible if they wouldn’t let him in based on inability to play.

There's been some replies on that tweet saying it was some clearance issue with the NCAA. Apparently, UK thought he was cleared and wasn't? Citing amateurism, which is a big freaking joke.
So far, it has been about that foreign student language test (TOEFLS??).. He retook the test in the last few days, and UK got word late yesterday he had passed.

Now he has to get his student visa, and has to get clearance by the NCAA. From what Pilgrim said a few weeks ago, UK has already been working on the NCAA clearance, and he indicated maybe UK had already gotten "informal approval". Also said there were no amateurism issues, UK has been working 24/7 on all pieces of this.. not just him passing the language test.

That doesn’t quite fly. The school and program would look terrible if they wouldn’t let him in based on inability to play.
That's just what's being said as of now. And it does some what add up, why admit someone when the purpose of them coming here would be to play? It would go for any other department. "Hey you don't qualify for the Comp Sci Department like you wanted, but we can get you in as a history major if you want?"

That's just what's being said as of now. And it does some what add up, why admit someone when the purpose of them coming here would be to play? It would go for any other department. "Hey you don't qualify for the Comp Sci Department like you wanted, but we can get you in as a history major if you want?"
Yeah it seems that way but until it is finalized nothing is a guarantee…
So we wait.

There's been some replies on that tweet saying it was some clearance issue with the NCAA. Apparently, UK thought he was cleared and wasn't? Citing amateurism, which is a big freaking joke.
He still isn’t fully cleared apparently from the NCAA so we have to wait even longer

Yeah, but at least he can fly over here and start practicing with the team, that is a huge deal.
Yeah, that big and give Mitchell somebody to practice against. The NCAA has no clear guideline to who they make eligible.
The ones who you think should clearly be eligible they make sit out and the ones who are transferring for like a 3rd or 4th time they let have the waiver. So I don’t know what to expect with how they handle the big z amateurism side of things

Yeah, that big and give Mitchell somebody to practice against. The NCAA has no clear guideline to who they make eligible.
The ones who you think should clearly be eligible they make sit out and the ones who are transferring for like a 3rd or 4th time they let have the waiver. So I don’t know what to expect with how they handle the big z amateurism side of things
I feel like the NCAA has been neutered. They are a lot less of a deterrent now than they used to he.

Maybe if y’all keep making threats to UK admissions and attacking their character based off of ignorance he will be cleared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT