ADVERTISEMENT

'Big Z' Ivisic officially a Cat

Article I read Cal said that Bradshaw's shot blocking ability tops. Mentioned Ugo and Big Z's great shot blocking ability, so we have three bigs on the same team that are elite shot blockers. Also, the roster they had without the walk-ons had AB and ZI as centers and UO as a forward at 6-11 235. Wonder if Ugo has improved enough in the off season to play the 4 some?

i hope he dominates college basketball and proves the doubters wrong!! 😂

I’m pretty excited for this addition!! You can’t teach 7’2.
Highlight clips aren’t going to give you the full story on any player but I love the versatility I saw in him. He looks ready to come in and compete game 1, even if rough around the edges while adjusting to D1 ball. I hope he progresses throughout the year to the point he is somewhat dominant at his position. If that becomes the case, with all the other pieces we have, could be a special year.

Highlight clips aren’t going to give you the full story on any player but I love the versatility I saw in him. He looks ready to come in and compete game 1, even if rough around the edges while adjusting to D1 ball. I hope he progresses throughout the year to the point he is somewhat dominant at his position. If that becomes the case, with all the other pieces we have, could be a special year.

Agreed! I’ve saw a few highlight clips and although they don’t tell the whole story, I think he’s gonna surprise some people.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The University of Kentucky will welcome new Wildcats to campus, starting Sunday, August 13, through Wednesday, August 16, as students move into their residence halls. Please anticipate impacts to parking, traffic, and transportation during this time.”

Hope we hear soon Ivisic has arrived in Lexington.

Reactions: Deli owl
Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Mitchell
Ivisic

Name me one college team with a more talented starting five.

Duke would be even or more talented at every spot, but Edwards:

Wagner - Proctor
Reeves - Roach
Edwards - McCain
Mitchell - Mitchell
Ivisic - Filipowski

They have a good bench too with Blakes, Schutt/Foster, Power, Stewart, and Young against our Dillingham, Sheppard, Thiero, Bradshaw, Onyenso.

Wagner - Proctor
Reeves - Roach
Edwards - McCain
Mitchell - Mitchell
Ivisic - Filipowski

They have a good bench too with Blakes, Schutt/Foster, Power, Stewart, and Young against our Dillingham, Sheppard, Thiero, Bradshaw, Onyenso.
Meh. Give me Wagner over Proctor and Reeves over Roach. IMO, edge to UK 1-3.

Wagner - Proctor
Reeves - Roach
Edwards - McCain
Mitchell - Mitchell
Ivisic - Filipowski

Give me Reeves and Wagner over Roach and Proctor ANY DAY of the week.

We have no idea about Bradshaw yet, other than he's a first round pick next year and he could honestly be really good- not sure I would put the PF spot in Duke's pocket either.

I think a lot of us are underselling Bradshaw.

Edwards is obviously a clear advantage.

I think Kentucky is the clear winner at 3 of the spots, Duke is a clear winner at 1 of the spots, and the the PF spot is a toss-up.

Kentucky's bench is also super deep.

Last edited:
I know it's all high light reels....but Z is impressive kid. His length and not a plodder by any means. Defensively he's going to be a load. If the shot selection is more precise for three pt shots and he can shoot low 30% (or better), then he's going to be hard to keep off the floor to be quite honest.

1. There are 80 minutes at the PF and C spot....
2. And I always hate when Cal plays guys 38-40 minutes as they can't play hard for that long. So I'd like to keep the bigs at 32 minutes or less..
3. I see this as Tre Mitchell, Bradshaw and Ivisic take all the minutes when it's all said and done. I'd have to see something great from Ugonna but those guys ahead of him are all superior offensively and his lone skill set is shot blocking....but Bradshaw and Ivisic can give us shot blocking (and maybe better as they are more agile). Rebounding and toughess may be an issue....but Mitchell looks like our tough guy and Ugonna needs to show he can dig out tough balls.

But the good part is Mitchell is a PF, Bradshaw can swing PF and C and Z is a Center. So I'd like to see those three split up 80 minutes...which is about 26 minutes a piece. So some can go lower 30's and keep the minutes in balance.

Meh. Give me Wagner over Proctor and Reeves over Roach. IMO, edge to UK 1-3.

Talent-wise, I think Duke wins or is, at least, equal at those spots. Proctor is expected to go higher in the draft than Wagner and Roach was a 5-star out of high school. I'd put Reeves over Roach in what I would want as a player, but I can see a case for Roach.

Wagner - Proctor
Reeves - Roach
Edwards - McCain
Mitchell - Mitchell
Ivisic - Filipowski

giphy.gif

Wagner - Proctor
Reeves - Roach
Edwards - McCain
Mitchell - Mitchell
Ivisic - Filipowski

Wagner - Proctor - UK
Reeves - Roach - UK
Edwards - McCain - UK
Mitchell - Mitchell - Push
Ivisic - Filipowski - Duke

bench - UK

Wagner - Proctor - UK
Reeves - Roach - UK
Edwards - McCain - UK
Mitchell - Mitchell - Push
Ivisic - Filipowski - Duke

bench - UK

They are ranked in the top 3 and we are looking at outside the top 10. I do think we are more of a 5-10 team though, but Duke is being undersold in this thread.

Ivisic really helps though.

Wagner looked like he is as good as you could have driving, creating and producing. Seriously, which projected starter would be the weak link. Those guys seem to do everything good. And at least a couple off the bench will be good enough to be starters also. First year in a long time we don't have to worry as much about rogue refs, a couple of injuries or shooting ability. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT