ADVERTISEMENT

Big men injuries

Favorites? We were going to be a 3 seed. So you're wrong.

Cal lost 9 games in 2016 and lost in the 2nd round.
Cal lost 11 games in 2018 and that included a 4 game losing streak.
Cal went 9-16 in 2021.
Cal lost in the 1st round of 2022 and still didn't win the SEC or SECT.
Cal lost 12 games in 2023.
Cal is also still way below .500 against top 25 teams since 2015.

So yea, Cal has sucked for years.
Not according to KY basketball.

How is it that Bradshaw breaks a foot 8 months ago and is still out? Onyenso breaks a foot 4 months ago and is still out. But Georgia star TE Bowers breaks an ankle 3 weeks ago and is back in the lineup. Can somebody explain this to me?
There is something weird going on. These are young athletes with world class healthcare/rehab.
It's gotten to a point around her over the last 3 or 4 years under Calipari that if a player gets a hangnail that's he out for a month.

HIPPA has nothing to do with it. All UK fans want is an accurate timeline of when players might return from injury.
What legal right do you have to that? Per HIPPA you are entitled to NOTHING related to a player’s condition including their recovery. Only the player can give permission to disclose this information. Not my rules. Take it up with congress.

Reactions: Graham51
Well, a foot fracture, specifically in 7ft tall people, is another world of injury than a high ankle sprain or even a broken leg. The small size of the bones, the rate of healing, the stress they are put under on a basketball court. Many big guys have had their career ended from foot issues. Of course we're all eager to get them back, and we don't get specific medical information the trainers and coaches are using to keep them out. We just gotta wait and stop making totally ignorant post every day like there is some conspiracy or malicious reason they haven't returned to playing yet.
UK has always had injuries to basketball players going back to Sam Bowie. Water in Lexington is great for race horses but not so much 7 foot centers.

I guess Cal was involved with Bill Walton he had a broken bone in his foot ended his career! Some folks can be just plain dumb!!

Do you know what kind of injury Bowers has and what the surgery was? Because it’s not comparable to a broken foot at all.

He had tightrope surgery for a sprained ankle. It’s basically a flexible implant that serves as a second ligament to stabilize ankle while the actual ligament heals. It’s an incredible minor, out patient procedure.

Comparing his injury and recovery time to our guys’ is so stupid. They’re completely different injuries with completely different surgeries and completely different recoveries.
Pure non sense. Cal danglers love them some Cal

What legal right do you have to that? Per HIPPA you are entitled to NOTHING related to a player’s condition including their recovery. Only the player can give permission to disclose this information. Not my rules. Take it up with congress.
I agree with you but your acronym is wrong.

Pure non sense. Cal danglers love them some Cal
Lol, which part is nonsense? Because literally everything I said in that comment is correct. Bowers had an ankle sprain, not a fracture, and had tightrope surgery. This is all easily verifiable information.

How is it that Bradshaw breaks a foot 8 months ago and is still out? Onyenso breaks a foot 4 months ago and is still out. But Georgia star TE Bowers breaks an ankle 3 weeks ago and is back in the lineup. Can somebody explain this to me?
Better yet Filipowski from Duke had dual hip surgery over the summer hasn't missed a beat.

Reactions: seccats04
Not even close to true....at all
UK won the SEC in 2020 and by a good margin. What the casual fan doesn't remember is how bad the SEC was that year. Auburn was the only other decent team so it was going to hurt UK's seeding that year.

Cal beat up on a weak SEC the first half of his tenure here. Now that we have several legit teams every year we haven't won jack squat in a long time. We've only won the SEC reg season and SECT once since 2018, I believe.

Better yet Filipowski from Duke had dual hip surgery over the summer hasn't missed a beat.
Do you all really not understand that injuries and surgeries aren't created equal? This is like comparing two different cancer diagnoses and wondering why the recoveries aren't the same.

Lol, which part is nonsense? Because literally everything I said in that comment is correct. Bowers had an ankle sprain, not a fracture, and had tightrope surgery. This is all easily verifiable information.
He has surgery. Plays a collision sport on ankle joint. Had a section cut on his ankle to put the wire through. Played yesterday.

Bradshaw was hurt in April. Hasnt done anything at UK in months. Sorry you can't see or understand the difference.

Recovery Time

The link is straight from the AJC, who covered the Bowers injury. Typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks. He made it back in 3. Who here thinks any of Cal's pampered players would play again in 3 weeks? Heck, Terrence Clarke sat out three months with an ankle sprain. Wheeler supposedly had an ankle sprain last year and was out the last 2.5 months of the season. So, there is proof that Cal's players take way longer to come back from similar injuries.

Recovery Time

The link is straight from the AJC, who covered the Bowers injury. Typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks. He made it back in 3. Who here thinks any of Cal's pampered players would play again in 3 weeks? Heck, Terrence Clarke sat out three months with an ankle sprain. Wheeler supposedly had an ankle sprain last year and was out the last 2.5 months of the season.
His surgery was specifically to cut down the recover time by about half. That's why he had it, so he could come back in three weeks instead of six.

His surgery was specifically to cut down the recover time by about half. That's why he had it, so he could come back in three weeks instead of six.
It literally said in the article the typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks. And analysts predicted he might make it back by the SECC game. He worked his butt off to get back and there's no way he played at 100%.

He has surgery. Plays a collision sport on ankle joint. Had a section cut on his ankle to put the wire through. Played yesterday.

Bradshaw was hurt in April. Hasnt done anything at UK in months. Sorry you can't see or understand the difference.
I'm the one that can see the difference. I'm sorry, these two injuries just aren't comparable at all. This thread is littered with examples of broken feet causing basketball players entire years. It's happened to Durant, Lillard, and Zion. Hell coming back to early is exactly why Vanderbilt missed his entire first NBA season.

Basketball players and foot injuries just don't go together. Instead of showing me an example of a different injury with a different surgery in a completely different sport, show me that the majority of basketball players with foot fractures come back quickly. Let's compare apples to apples here.

It literally said in the article the typical recovery time is 6-8 weeks. And analysts predicted he might make it back by the SECC game. He worked his butt off to get back and there's no way he played at 100%.
The article is wrong. I could provide many other sources showing the surgery is specifically to cut down on recovery time and 3-6 weeks is a common recovery for high level athletes. Tua and Jalen Hurts had this surgery and came back in 4 weeks.

Foot injuries are a much bigger problem for basketball players than ankles are. Lots of PFs and Centers careers end because of foot injuries.

That said, what can you say? Have we EVER had a player come back early or even on time?

I'm the one that can see the difference. I'm sorry, these two injuries just aren't comparable at all. This thread is littered with examples of broken feet causing basketball players entire years. It's happened to Durant, Lillard, and Zion. Hell coming back to early is exactly why Vanderbilt missed his entire first NBA season.

Basketball players and foot injuries just don't go together. Instead of showing me an example of a different injury with a different surgery in a completely different sport, show me that the majority of basketball players with foot fractures come back quickly. Let's compare apples to apples here.
Jeff Sheppard had a high ankle in the SEC Tourney in 98. A bad one. Turned around a few days later for the NCAA Tourney and eventually won the tourney MVP.

8 months would heal most anything. Yet Bradshaw still can't do anything. 8 months? Gimme a break. Young 18-19 year old can't recover in that time? You keep drinking Cal's kool aid though.

The article is wrong. I could provide many other sources showing the surgery is specifically to cut down on recovery time and 3-6 weeks is a common recovery for high level athletes. Tua and Jalen Hurts had this surgery and came back in 4 weeks.
Show them

Jeff Sheppard had a high ankle in the SEC Tourney in 98. A bad one. Turned around a few days later for the NCAA Tourney and eventually won the tourney MVP.

8 months would heal most anything. Yet Bradshaw still can't do anything. 8 months? Gimme a break. Young 18-19 year old can't recover in that time? You keep drinking Cal's kool aid though.
I really don't understand why you guys can't understand ankles and feet are different. It's incredibly common for NBA players to miss an entire year or more due to a broken foot. This history of the league is littered with guys whose careers were cut short due to a foot injury. It's almost as serious an injury a basketball player can have. It's been cited throughout this thread and yet you keep ignoring it. Half this thread insists on comparing apples and oranges and you just can't do that.

An ankle sprain and a foot fracture are not the same injury.

Reactions: ganner918
Show them
I'll find them tomorrow. But it's well documented at this point football players come back from tightrope surgery in 4 weeks or sooner. And even if it wasn't, tightrope surgery isn't fixing a foot fracture so it's a completely irrelevant comparison anyway.

I'll find them tomorrow. But it's well documented at this point football players come back from tightrope surgery in 4 weeks or sooner. And even if it wasn't, tightrope surgery isn't fixing a foot fracture so it's a completely irrelevant comparison anyway.
You'll find them tomorrow huh....your internet broken tonight? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I really don't understand why you guys can't understand ankles and feet are different. It's incredibly common for NBA players to miss an entire year or more due to a broken foot. This history of the league is littered with guys whose careers were cut short due to a foot injury. It's almost as serious an injury a basketball player can have. It's been cited throughout this thread and yet you keep ignoring it. Half this thread insists on comparing apples and oranges and you just can't do that.

An ankle sprain and a foot fracture are not the same injury.
Doesn't it get heavy carrying Cal and all his nonsense?

Reactions: KFuqua
You'll find them tomorrow huh....your internet broken tonight? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nah I'm just going to bed instead of arguing on the internet.

But honestly, I'd love to hear why you think an ankle sprain and foot fracture are the same and why their recovery times should be equal. Try to do it without just defaulting to saying I'm defending Cal.

Nah I'm just going to bed instead of arguing on the internet.

But honestly, I'd love to hear why you think an ankle sprain and foot fracture are the same and why their recovery times should be equal. Try to do it without just defaulting to saying I'm defending Cal.
Ok. 8 months ago injury still not healed? Why? Aaron Rodgers had an Achilles injury and thinks he can play in December. Was injued in September. He's 38 I believe. But 18 and 19 year olds at UK can't recover in 8 months? Seems odd.

Breaks heal faster than strains. Strains never completely heal.

Ok. 8 months ago injury still not healed? Why? Aaron Rodgers had an Achilles injury and thinks he can play in December. Was injued in September. He's 38 I believe. But 18 and 19 year olds at UK can't recover in 8 months? Seems odd.

Breaks heal faster than strains. Strains never completely heal.
Did Bradshaw have surgery 8 months ago?

Gladly. The broken bones of UK basketball players, coached by Calipari take longer to heal than the broken bones of Georgia football players, coached by Kirby Smart. You're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT