ADVERTISEMENT

Big men injuries

Wait...are you telling me a different person had a different injury and was out a different amount of time? This is mind boggling!

giphy.gif

Well, a foot fracture, specifically in 7ft tall people, is another world of injury than a high ankle sprain or even a broken leg. The small size of the bones, the rate of healing, the stress they are put under on a basketball court. Many big guys have had their career ended from foot issues. Of course we're all eager to get them back, and we don't get specific medical information the trainers and coaches are using to keep them out. We just gotta wait and stop making totally ignorant post every day like there is some conspiracy or malicious reason they haven't returned to playing yet.

Well, a foot fracture, specifically in 7ft tall people, is another world of injury than a high ankle sprain or even a broken leg. The small size of the bones, the rate of healing, the stress they are put under on a basketball court. Many big guys have had their career ended from foot issues. Of course we're all eager to get them back, and we don't get specific medical information the trainers and coaches are using to keep them out. We just gotta wait and stop making totally ignorant post every day like there is some conspiracy or malicious reason they haven't returned to playing yet.
Bowers played tonight against Ole Miss.

I'd imagine UK players are getting the best there is like Bowers did at UGA.

Yeah, cause I mean everybody knows!!! Hell it’s common knowledge that every broken bone heals exactly the same and the sport you play is irrelevant. It’s a vast conspiracy that some breaks are different than others. Nobody believes at crap. I mean just rub dirt on that bone and get on with it. At Cal just does it cause he hates Ky and wants to lose.

It’s really difficult to type when you are laughing at someone like the OP.

Where did you get your Internet Medical Degree? Lemme guess, you're in the "healthcare field," right? Probably a cranberry juice salesman.

Yeah, cause I mean everybody knows!!! Hell it’s common knowledge that every broken bone heals exactly the same and the sport you play is irrelevant. It’s a vast conspiracy that some breaks are different than others. Nobody believes at crap. I mean just rub dirt on that bone and get on with it. At Cal just does it cause he hates Ky and wants to lose.

It’s really difficult to type when you are laughing at someone like the OP.
Yea because we haven’t had any vast injury conspiracies the past several years. Let me remind you. Vanderbilt, Wheeler, Clarke, etc.“I haven’t seen him.” Ring a bell?

Pretty simple answer. Team over me. Cal is draft over everything.
Yes. And we also heard rumors that Bradshaw’s camp wanted him to go to USC and Onyenso’s camp wanted him to transfer. So color me skeptical about any injuries with these two. Our coach is known to lie about injuries and cover for his players.

Last edited:
Cal cares for his players and their future. One of the reasons he’s the best man to lead our basketball program.
People forget Cal has a history with Dajuan Wagner, you know, DJ's dad. Cal forced him to go pro, only for Wagner to very quickly get diagnosed with a medical condition that basically ended his career. There's a good chance if he didn't strike while the iron was hot that condition gets discovered in college and he never has an NBA career. Something that like would obviously influence what you tell your players to do.

That said, this thread is incredibly stupid. Bradshaw and Onyenso will play when they're healthy enough to play without potentially re-injuring themselves. This isn't some grand conspiracy. If by now you don't know to be cautious with foot injuries with big men you're a moron. It's ended plenty of high profile basketball careers.

Does no one remember when Durant broke his foot? He came back too soon, played a bit, then missed the entire rest of the season and needed more surgery. Or when Damian Lillard broke his foot in college and missed almost the entire season? Or when Zion missed an entire NBA season with a broke foot? Or when Chet Holmgren missed his entire first season with a foot injury?

Stop acting like needing extra time to heal from a broken foot is some big Cal conspiracy.

Last edited:
Yea because we haven’t had any vast injury conspiracies the past several years. Let me remind you. Vanderbilt, Wheeler, Clarke, etc.“I haven’t seen him.” Ring a bell?
Is this revisionist history about Vanderbilt? He had a left foot injury, missed over two months, came back and the proceeded to re-injury it, missed the rest of the year, and then missed his entire first NBA season. Vanderbilt is like Exhibit A why you give our guys as much time as they need to heal from these injuries.

Brown Bowers also had surgery on his ankle and returned in 3 weeks.
Do you know what kind of injury Bowers has and what the surgery was? Because it’s not comparable to a broken foot at all.

He had tightrope surgery for a sprained ankle. It’s basically a flexible implant that serves as a second ligament to stabilize ankle while the actual ligament heals. It’s an incredible minor, out patient procedure.

Comparing his injury and recovery time to our guys’ is so stupid. They’re completely different injuries with completely different surgeries and completely different recoveries.

How is it that Bradshaw breaks a foot 8 months ago and is still out? Onyenso breaks a foot 4 months ago and is still out. But Georgia star TE Bowers breaks an ankle 3 weeks ago and is back in the lineup. Can somebody explain this to me?

Because, Coach Cal. Actually, not being a doctor I have NO clue... but sure sounds ridiculous.

Reactions: seccats04
Cal cares for his players and their future. One of the reasons he’s the best man to lead our basketball program.
Ward Cleaver would also care for the players but I don't want him leading the top basketball program in college basketball.

Cal is the highest paid coach with the most resources and has sucked at his job for years. If we don't make some major noise this year then he needs to be gone!

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
Does no one remember when Durant broke his foot? He came back too soon, played a bit, then missed the entire rest of the season and needed more surgery. Or when Damian Lillard broke his foot in college and missed almost the entire season? Or when Zion missed an entire NBA season with a broke foot? Or when Chet Holmgren missed his entire first season with a foot injury?

Stop acting like needing extra time to heal from a broken foot is some big Cal conspiracy.
I would think on a UK board Sam Bowie would be a great example. He's who always comes to mind talking 7 footers with leg injuries. Ugghhhh.

Ward Cleaver would also care for the players but I don't want him leading the top basketball program in college basketball.

Cal is the highest paid coach with the most resources and has sucked at his job for years. If we don't make some major noise this year then he needs to be gone!

Cal has sucked for years? That’s not true. We were the favorites to win it all in 2020 before Covid shut the season down so you’re wrong.

Because our guys are 7 footers who run up and down a basketball court constantly while using said broken foot to jump up and down as well.

Big dif than a football player with a damn strain.

Come on Man!

And all those were injured. You are just whining because Cal doesn’t violate HIPPA or keep you informed of player personal matters. Information which you have zero right to have.

Because our guys are 7 footers who run up and down a basketball court constantly while using said broken foot to jump up and down as well.

Big dif than a football player with a damn strain.

Come on Man!
Sam Bowie comes to mind. I seem to remember it wasn't a broken foot but a stress fracture. I can't help to think what might have been had he not got hurt.

Reactions: Graham51
Cal has sucked for years? That’s not true. We were the favorites to win it all in 2020 before Covid shut the season down so you’re wrong.
Favorites? We were going to be a 3 seed. So you're wrong.

Cal lost 9 games in 2016 and lost in the 2nd round.
Cal lost 11 games in 2018 and that included a 4 game losing streak.
Cal went 9-16 in 2021.
Cal lost in the 1st round of 2022 and still didn't win the SEC or SECT.
Cal lost 12 games in 2023.
Cal is also still way below .500 against top 25 teams since 2015.

So yea, Cal has sucked for years.

Favorites? We were going to be a 3 seed. So you're wrong.

Cal lost 9 games in 2016 and lost in the 2nd round.
Cal lost 11 games in 2018 and that included a 4 game losing streak.
Cal went 9-16 in 2021.
Cal lost in the 1st round of 2022 and still didn't win the SEC or SECT.
Cal lost 12 games in 2023.
Cal is also still way below .500 against top 25 teams since 2015.

So yea, Cal has sucked for years.

Yeah, no real UK fan thinks UK has performed to UK standards the majority of seasons since 2015 ended. At least from 2016 to 2020 we won some sec tournies and sec regular season titles.

Reactions: seccats04
Is this revisionist history about Vanderbilt? He had a left foot injury, missed over two months, came back and the proceeded to re-injury it, missed the rest of the year, and then missed his entire first NBA season. Vanderbilt is like Exhibit A why you give our guys as much time as they need to heal from these injuries.
People declared Vanderbilt a quitter that season and are too proud to admit they were wrong about the kid. Pretty pathetic.

And all those were injured. You are just whining because Cal doesn’t violate HIPPA or keep you informed of player personal matters. Information which you have zero right to have.
HIPPA has nothing to do with it. All UK fans want is an accurate timeline of when players might return from injury.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT