ADVERTISEMENT

BIG BLUE MADNESS POLL

HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR BIG BLUE MADNESS?

• VERY EXCITED

Votes: 50 17.5%
  • EXCITED

Votes: 60 21.0%
  • NUETRAL

Votes: 61 21.3%
  • ITS STILL FOOTBALL SEASON

Votes: 49 17.1%
  • DONT CARE

Votes: 66 23.1%

• Total voters
I'm excited to get to see what these guys look like on TV. I have had a hard time identifying some of the lads during the few photo/videos I've seen.

Reactions: chroix
I always tape it as well but like drew said I don't want to miss the clogging, or the long introductions of the Women's team where only their parents are interested along with watching their scrimmage. Also, for a change I hope the announcers on television don't talk about unrelated things during the men's scrimmage and actually identify what is going on the court versus interviews with the head cheerleader or bad jokes that only they laugh at.

Look forward to it every year despite some of its goofiness. Looks like I'm one of the few on here who still do. Go Big Blue!!!

Reactions: KyJones64
Will watch player intros and maybe "scrimmage"/dunk off a bit.

I'll get slammed for this but plan to watch #5 UK Volleyball vs LSU tonight on SEC network - UK in first place and undefeated in conference. Defending national champs. (Got a ways to go if they want to repeat). Disclaimer - I have 2 girls who play collegiate volleyball - so that plays into my following the sport.

Go UK Men's Bball and UK Vball tonight for me.

If they scrimmaged for 40 minutes I would gladly watch it but after all the bs to get to that point to see 10 minutes of barnyard basketball , I’ll pass. I can watch it later to find the 10 minutes of basketball. Now the blue white game, that is a completely different subject for me.

I'll get slammed for this but plan to watch #5 UK Volleyball vs LSU tonight on SEC network - UK in first place and undefeated in conference. Defending national champs. (Got a ways to go if they want to repeat). Disclaimer - I have 2 girls who play collegiate volleyball - so that plays into my following the sport.

I’m going to record this as well

I’m going to record this as well
Fun sport - like many - especially live. The more I learned about it - I learned roles of certain players, strategy, etc. - but the skill level, teamwork, trust and athleticism is far better to me than women's Bball. They give a lot of effort.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
Fun sport - like many - especially live. The more I learned about it - I learned roles of certain players, strategy, etc. - but the skill level, teamwork, trust and athleticism is far better to me than women's Bball.
I used to be a heck of a volleyball player. Unfortunately, my little HS didn’t have a boys team

enjoy watching UK women volleyball play as much as I can. I do not watch women’s basketball

Reactions: struggler
Anymore, it's not so much about being excited to actually see BBM itself, but excited knowing the start of the season is soon. BBM really isn't very exciting, sorry. I've had more fun camping for BBM tickets than seeing the actual event itself.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

I have watched most of the volleyball games this year. I never watched a game until the semi finals last year and now I really enjoy watching it. Every game is at least available for streaming like the Chattanooga football game a couple weeks ago. Tonight is on regular SEC Network.

Woo hoo!

UK-Homer-Rocks.gif

I voted neutral. Between last season sucking ass and football being fun this year, I just haven’t gotten excited about it. As others have stated, it’s been pretty cheesy for the last 15 years or so. When I was a kid/teenager, I would go every year during the Pitino and Tubby years. IMO it was way more fun when they had it in memorial, at midnight, and there was more actual basketball involved.

I’m cautiously optimistic about our team this year. Think we have championship level talent and experience if we can just gel. And I’ll definitely be watching the B/W game next week. But Cal’s tired old speeches don’t do anything for me.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What time does BBM begin? 7:30? When will the girls and the tap dancing end? What time will the boys be out? I’m home drinking beer, and not wearing a mask. Is that ok? Just ordered a large pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onions and jalapeño peppers and I’m pumped about basketball season. Almost forgot, I have a bathroom within 10 foot of me. Wife is drinking wine and my dogs are already drunk off the beer I gave them. The house is rocking with sounds from Tom Petty, Stones, Grateful Dead, Skynyrd, and The Outlaws. I’m about 6 beers in and getting pumped. KB where in the hell you at Man. I’m smelling steaks, Brandi, and a hot blonde. Enjoy the journey #9 begins tonight.

Treasure Hunt is too fake of a name to even be in a Bond movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT