ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

The fact Saul thought Lalo sent men after him years later really makes this difficult to predict. I can’t imagine a scenario where Lalo lives and the chicken man operates in peace like he was apparently doing in the same moment Saul was worried about him. That said, you’d think Saul knew of his death and wouldn’t still be worried about him. So who knows, going to be fun to watch.

As for Kim, it could go a few different ways, none of which would be surprising. Can’t see her being killed, but I can’t give a good reason to say that.
I think even if Lalo dies and Jimmy knows about it, unless he sees the body he won't trust it. He already thought Lalo was dead once and then Lalo showed up in his apartment and killed Howard. Jimmy won't trust any more reports of his death.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Unless Jimmy s there when Lalo dies, I doubt he would ever know. Why would anyone think to tell him. Kim would, if she survives (and is there, which makes me think she's toast)

Like I said earlier, it goes to Gus and Mike's advantage if Saul never knows Lalo is dead.

They can hang it over Saul's head as a manipulation tactic.

I think Lalo has to die...when Gus killed Hector, he said he was killing the Salamanca name with him.

Like I said earlier, it goes to Gus and Mike's advantage if Saul never knows Lalo is dead.

They can hang it over Saul's head as a manipulation tactic.

I think Lalo has to die...when Gus killed Hector, he said he was killing the Salamanca name with him.

Yea you’re right. There is also no chance in the world Lalo let’s Gus operate his business so freely is BB.

I’d wager Cranston and Paul just have cameos. Something obscure like being in the checkout line at a store or maybe coming in for some chicken.
I thought I read somewhere the writers said their appearances will serve the plot somehow. And I also thought they said the ending of BCS will change how you view BB. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a flash forward to Walt and Jesse cooking in the underground meth lab. The camera slowly pans down, continues going through the floor, and shows a dead Lalo buried under the lab, making it so Lalo is "present" during all the BB scenes that take place in the lab.

No real surprises there, but my lord, that is as dark as this whole story universe has ever gone.

And the acting, well, it can't really get BETTER than that.

A full hour episode, showing in unvarnished detail, the darkest side of every single person that appeared (with one exception)

That was a whole season condensed to one episode. No where to go but down from there.

I’m gonna assume that they have to flash forward some now that Lalo is dead.
I think there are 2 points to clear up now:
1. How the super lab gets finished
2. What happens to Kim.

Showing Howard laying beside Lalo in that hole was pretty sad.

I had to rewind when Gus shot Lalo because it seemed to happen so fast and when Gus kept pulling the trigger I thought that his gun had no bullets to begin with.

I had to rewind when Gus shot Lalo because it seemed to happen so fast and when Gus kept pulling the trigger I thought that his gun had no bullets to begin with.

Howard/Lalo in the hole: You're spot on. The way that was framed and shot conveyed the end result of Jimmy and Kim's vileness better than any words could.

re: the shootout, I thought the exact same thing. I believe that was purposefully done to give that impression, and it was effective as hell. A sudden gut punch.

Even thought we've all known that was coming, they somehow managed to make it a more than satisfying payoff.

That episode matches or exceeds anything BB ever did. Just a true masterpiece.

Given how devastated and shocked Kim is, and that teaser line at the end re: Jimmy speaking to Kim, about how one day they'll realize they haven't thought about it in a while, I'm starting to believe that Kim might take her own life out of guilt.

Reactions: Mossip
Was an incredible episode. One of the best ever on tv. Surprised they took out Lalo with 5 episodes left, but like others said, need all the time they can get with the 5 remaining episodes to tie up the storyline that leads into BB. Obviously, Kim's fate is the biggest mystery/storyline now. Not sure she sees the vacuum guy since the actor who played him passed away a few years ago. Suicide? Never thought of it but is possible. What happens to Jimmy in Nebraska will be the end of the final episode. Have zero clue since that portion of the storyline has not interested me as much. Agree, on Howard. That was some really dark stuff seeing him laying on the floor dead and especially when he is laying beside Lalo in the hole. Nobody could have ever predicted that outcome for him. Masterful job by the writers of the show.

I don't know if this is a plot hole or not but in the desert scene in BB, Saul is thinking it is Lalo like he doesn't know he's dead.

I thought they were going to drag out tonight's story over the last six episodes. I'm glad all of that is done now. I've been watching youtube speculation vids for a month now. Everybody wrong.

At this point, I think I'll just watch and enjoy the next 5.

Yeah, I'd thought about that (plot hole), but given that Lalo had appeared, from Saul's perspective to come back from the dead once, and the fact Mike didn't say he was dead, he said he's not coming back (although any reasonable person would infer that he meant dead), it doesn't present a problem.

I’ll make a dark and fairly unrealistic prediction with Kim. She gets taken out by Mike with Sauls blessing. Circumstances unknown to date.

That is a pretty bold prediction. I believe that Saul would give up his own life to spare hers, so I can't see any circumstance in which he'd go along with that. But, you never know. It would be one hell of a plot twist.

That is a pretty bold prediction. I believe that Saul would give up his own life to spare hers, so I can't see any circumstance in which he'd go along with that. But, you never know. It would be one hell of a plot twist.
It’s actually a terrible theory, but this show went real dark real fast. My question is do they leave it with Saul being a soulless person going into BB, or does he maintain some level of humanity…

Kim needs to disappear in such a way Saul stays good with Gus and operates as if all is good with Kim gone.

If Mike DOES take out Kim (because she can now identify operatives in Gus' organization, he's not going to tell Saul IMO. He'll make it LOOK like a suicide.

I'm sticking with my theory that it won't be necessary, because I think she IS going to kill herself.

Reactions: Mdnerd
The Gus/Lalo shootout was so well done. Gus wasn’t portrayed as a stone cold badass, but as what he is: A dude not used to being on the business end of a gun.

A box cutter, on the other hand . . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: HymanKaplan
If Mike DOES take out Kim (because she can now identify operatives in Gus' organization, he's not going to tell Saul IMO. He'll make it LOOK like a suicide.

I'm sticking with my theory that it won't be necessary, because I think she IS going to kill herself.

I think I’m stealing my theory from Sopranos when Chris gave the ok to take out his girl. If Kim makes threats, how far will Saul go in self preservation?

Reactions: HymanKaplan
I think so on the show. Which is why I think he had that astonished face while he kept pulling the trigger.

I wonder if we are going to find out about his Chilean background? It has been mentioned in BB and BCS as being mysterious.

I’m gonna assume that they have to flash forward some now that Lalo is dead.
I think there are 2 points to clear up now:
1. How the super lab gets finished
2. What happens to Kim.

Yeah, Howard did not deserve any of what happened to him.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Yeah, him letting Gus stall wasn't consistent with his behavior in the show, up that point. Lalo has not screwed around or wasted time. If he has delayed in killing someone, it has only been to obtain information.

I enjoyed all the scenes but Lalo expecting Gus to show up at the laundry and Gus stalling by insulting the Don on camera seemed stretched a bit.
Well Gus does kill don with mike and Jesse in BB. So the disdain for him is there

Reactions: jameslee32
Amazing episode, but interesting to see how they will keep the epic ness going now that the last main threat is off the table with 5 whole episodes to go in the series.

As much as I loved the Lalo character, my favorite in the series, I'm actually glad to see how this played out and as early as it did. This gives time to start tying things up into BrBa. If Kim goes to the vacuum cleaner guy, pretty easy even though he's passed away, just show her walking into the store or getting in the van after a phone call. They may do a few creative shots in the store, but they could pull it off. My "reaching" prediction if Kim is a suicide, she will hang herself in a closet. Saul had a throwaway line to Walt in one episode, looking back at the closet in his apartment and says "promise me you won't hang yourself in the closet"

I do have to say, I did like Howard and man, they completely destroyed him and I love the darkness of it. That's the BrBa I know and love. I had to go back last night and watched the episode where Gus showed Walt the lab for the first time, I definitely looked at that part of the episode much differently.

Last edited:
I enjoyed all the scenes but Lalo expecting Gus to show up at the laundry and Gus stalling by insulting the Don on camera seemed stretched a bit.
Lalo didn’t expect him to be there - he even said that when he was narrating to Eladio. And I think Lalo thought he had “the chicken man” dead to rights. He was enjoying the show (and had little to no respect for Gus from day one - I think that played a role here in him letting down his guard).

Lalo might have been my favorite character of the Breaking Bad universe. Hated to see him go and was hoping we’d get a few more episodes with him, but he had to go at some point soon. Gus could not have been the Gus he was in BB with Lalo still breathing.

I'm only following this thread up until the posts that matchup with where I'm at in BCS.

About mid way through season 3. I agree that some of the legal episodes got a bit boring, not all that dissimilar to season 1 and 2 of BB.. good television and all, but not the most interesting plot.

But its really picking up now. Saul just got his name and sort of "won" the court case against Chuck (although I'm sure there's more to come".. I can watch Mike and Jimmy/Saul all day long.. and even Michael Mando. Very underrated.

I can watch Mike and Jimmy/Saul all day long.. and even Michael Mando.
This got me to thinking about which character I enjoy the most. Lalo and Mike are at the top, but the funny thing is; I think Jimmy is actually my least favorite. And the show is ostensibly about HIM.

Reactions: Atrain7732
I really am not a fan of Jimmy/Saul either. Mike is such a great character and so we’ll acted. I’ve watched some clips and when Gus killed Victor the look on Mike’s face is so well acted. Just like when he looks at Hamlin at the end of the last episode.

I never really like Todd’s nazi uncle either. Just don’t think he looked like the badass they portrayed him as.

Hank was a really developed character. At first he was an arrogant comedian but became pitiful and then badass at the end.

I mean we are 11 seasons and 14 years of great TV.

Reactions: GrandePdre
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT