ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

I just don't think Saul can be the Saul at his introduction in Breaking Bad if Kim hangs herself. I think she does end up making a Hoover vacuum part call or simply just exists off camera in BB. We never do see any of Saul's personal life in BB, and the actors have intimated that theory as a possibility.

I'd be curious if when the Feds discovered the underground lab if they could have done any razing of the lab or scanning under the floor and found the bodies. THAT would be an interesting plot direction for it to be known that Howard didn't drown while high on coke.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Anyone have an idea where they are time wise now compared to when Walt and Jesse started cooking in the rv?

I don't know if this is a plot hole or not but in the desert scene in BB, Saul is thinking it is Lalo like he doesn't know he's dead.
Well Saul hasn't been told definitively that Lalo is dead. Mike certainly insinuated it. But, I'd say after his reappearance in the last episode, that Saul would need to hear the words "He's dead" to believe it or see some hard evidence.

We will see during this season if Saul is reassured with more evidence or not. But, my guess is, he won't.

Reactions: Glenn's take
I think Kim will start to unravel. She will become a threat to Gus's operation and Mike will be left with no choice but to kill her.

This would explain why Saul is so afraid of Mike in BB. Mike has only done things to protect Saul up until this point. Granted he has seen what Mike is capable of, but it has never been directed at him. I think Mike killing Kim will be Saul's first wake up call that Mike is not there to protect him. He is there for Gus's protection.

Last edited:
Would love to have seen Lalo skin Skyler alive. Alas….

Still need to see the progression of Saul from the condo to the mansion… IIRC, womens clothing was part of the repo. So, Kim ain’t dying anytime soon.

AMC had that American Greed/Stacey Keach narrated primer piece and it wove all the BB characters… sooner or later we see WW/JP cooking in the lab.

plus the return of Tuco will be tight. Tight. Tight.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
I’m pretty sure this ends up with Kim going to the vacuum and leaving and him being reunited with Kim as a happy ending one of the few in breaking bad.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Well Saul hasn't been told definitively that Lalo is dead. Mike certainly insinuated it. But, I'd say after his reappearance in the last episode, that Saul would need to hear the words "He's dead" to believe it or see some hard evidence.

We will see during this season if Saul is reassured with more evidence or not. But, my guess is, he won't.

This. He just stayed twice that lalo won't be coming back. That's pretty much the same thing he said before, right before lalo actually came back.

Weak episode especially after last week’s. Surely there is more to the Kim saga than that.

Disagree. The transition to BB Saul was gut wrenching. “I love you too, but so what” :cry:
Also, seeing a human side of Gus chatting wine and flirting with the sommelier only to remember Max and snap back into the cold, emotionless Gus. And Mike thought he was tying up one last loose end and being a good guy, only to be called out by Nacho’s father and reminded that he is just a gangster like the rest, despite moral code he presents as following.

“Fun and Games” (until somebody gets hurt) showed the human side of characters that were somewhat one dimensional at the beginning of BB. Great writing and great TV.

Last edited:
Gus drinking wine, Hector ringing bell, and Mike talking to Nacho’s dad was the equivalent to a 20-minute Grateful Dead drum solo.

that’s when you go take a pee, stretch the legs… you didn’t come for that and you don’t miss anything.

There is no way that these show runners have that the last we see of Kim.
There is no way that these show runners have that the last we see of Kim.

Agree, too much potential to just have her quietly disappear like that. Would be very anticlimactic to end it that way considering it’s been one of if not the biggest question coming into this season.

That was a reallly bizarre end to the episode to make that sudden jump. Season had been great but feels like it's rushing to the end now.

Gus drinking wine, Hector ringing bell, and Mike talking to Nacho’s dad was the equivalent to a 20-minute Grateful Dead drum solo.

that’s when you go take a pee, stretch the legs… you didn’t come for that and you don’t miss anything.
That's been the frustrating thing about BCS at times, droning on about stuff like this, especially Kayleigh going on ad nauseum with Pop Pop.

I expect we will learn more about Kim, it can't be finished. I guess she will be back in the Gene, post BrBa timeline.

That was a reallly bizarre end to the episode to make that sudden jump. Season had been great but feels like it's rushing to the end now.

I thought it was absolutely perfect. He has been “Saul Goodman” in name only, but has still been Jimmy this whole time. Kim breaking him is the moment he actually became Saul and that jump scene to then letting that all sink in was so good IMO.

I think we’ll see Kim again before it’s all said and done.

Never seen a jobless woman pack up and leave. So if we're going back and forth again in time, there might be one last scam to be done in real time as we get back to why they were attracted to each other to begin with. Time for Jimmy to be fun one last time or perhaps it backfires again.

very good episode. kim lying to howard's wife. jeez. stone cold. "you would've known." Kiss jimmy after, that was it. She got off on it and couldn't do it anymore. well Howard died because of her. Hope we see her in Omaha. I liked the quick transition into Saul Goodman. wasn't expecting that. Reddit says the cadillac had 05 inspection stickers but the handicap tag had 08 so they are in Breaking Bad territory and they said Walt and Jesse are in the parking lot to meet Saul for the first time.

With all the theories out there about how Kim would disappear, I’d have to give grudging respect of this is indeed it.

“Fun and Games” (until somebody gets hurt) showed the human side of characters that were somewhat one dimensional at the beginning of BB. Great writing and great TV.
Agree 100%. This was a character episode and a good change of pace from the craziness of the last few. We got the see the completion of the transformation into Saul, Kim realizing how screwed up what they've been doing is when she lies to Howard's wife, and got to see the human side of Gus at the bar for just a few minutes before he snapped back into business mode.

Reactions: Mossip and parrott
At this point, what is Saul actually guilty of that can be proven at this point? He was worried Jessie was flipping on them, but now everyone is dead. He doesn't know what went down at the compound, He obviously doesn't know Jessie is in Alaska. So what is there out there other than him being tied to them as a lawyer that they can charge him with? Surely he left nothing behind record wise of money laundering for them. Other than hearsay there is no one left to say what they heard? Right?

That 15 min scene (seemed like it anyway) when Chuck was tearing apart his house, I wanted to punch myself in the face. I have been over him and his storyline for sometime. This show just seems to continually just drag on. Maybe I'm just comparing it to breaking bad which is unfair. I've read that season 4 has not been renewed yet. Ratings have been down. Hopefully they can renew it and finally get something good going.

Mid way through season 4.. again, not reading recent comments but its interesting to see all the posts from back in 2017 (this show was on season 3 that far back?! Literally taking place during the De'Aaron Fox season which is so weord to me).

I do agree with some, the show can be a little slow at times and some of the content is mundane (the law stuff).. but the scene where Chuck finally lost it after telling his brother just about the worst thing you could tell a sibling.. was fantastic. Might be the best scene yet.

The music was compelling and depressing. Chuck has nothing left. And he relapses with his condition. Tears apart his house (which was clearly something he loved, being a high society law partner) down to the studs. And, IMO, was just so jilted over recent events, he decides to end it. Even his face as he kicked over the gas light, he looked grumpy. And the whole time leading up to the lantern part, you knew he was going to take his own life. Clear as day.

Well crafted scene.

At this point, what is Saul actually guilty of that can be proven at this point? He was worried Jessie was flipping on them, but now everyone is dead. He doesn't know what went down at the compound, He obviously doesn't know Jessie is in Alaska. So what is there out there other than him being tied to them as a lawyer that they can charge him with? Surely he left nothing behind record wise of money laundering for them. Other than hearsay there is no one left to say what they heard? Right?
In real life, once the feds get involved, everything gets uncovered but of course this is TV so who knows where they will take us.

Agree 100%. This was a character episode and a good change of pace from the craziness of the last few. We got the see the completion of the transformation into Saul, Kim realizing how screwed up what they've been doing is when she lies to Howard's wife, and got to see the human side of Gus at the bar for just a few minutes before he snapped back into business mode.
I've come to realize in BCS there are these episodes, not a bad thing. It was an ok episode, I did like the fast forward at the end to the BrBa world and wonder if they will stay there. I think they do. Kim will show up in the Gene timeline, then we'll get closure on the series.

I've come to realize in BCS there are these episodes, not a bad thing. It was an ok episode, I did like the fast forward at the end to the BrBa world and wonder if they will stay there. I think they do. Kim will show up in the Gene timeline, then we'll get closure on the series.
It's much more of a character study than BrBa was. It certainly has its tension and crazy moments, but it doesn't have bodies being dissolved in bathtubs, exploding bags of fake meth, people getting half their face blown off, or train heists.

Reactions: BlueBallz
In real life, once the feds get involved, everything gets uncovered but of course this is TV so who knows where they will take us.
Saul was never targeted after Gus's demise like Mike was and his crew. He thought Jessie was flipping which he was, but Hank was going rogue. The DEA wasn't in on the arrest. Jessie confessional video. The whiteys got that dvd. Everyone is dead except for Jessie and Skylar. Skylar is the outlier but her testimony and defense is that she was the victim/prisoner of a madman. If she testifies against Saul in any way then she purged herself and is caught lying.

Obviously wiping your identity illegally is a crime and an admission of something. But as far as the BB world, there is really no record of his wrongdoings without receipts that he surely destroyed. I mean?

This is my thought as well. They already said that Cranston and Paul would be in the last season of BCS, and they said they wouldn't bring back those characters for just a cameo. That tells me they'll be in that timeline for a couple of episodes at least.

I can't figure out what they're going to do with Mike and Gus in these last few episodes. Now that the Lalo/Hector/Don Eladio stuff is worked out and after the chat with Nacho's dad, their story arcs are pretty much over I would think.

Reactions: BlueBallz
Just Covid binge watched. Wow. These guys can tell a story!

then started BB again, and When Saul is outside of his grave he panics and mentions Nacho and Lalo. Story was there all along. Wish there was more of this and less crap!!!

Just Covid binge watched. Wow. These guys can tell a story!

then started BB again, and When Saul is outside of his grave he panics and mentions Nacho and Lalo. Story was there all along. Wish there was more of this and less crap!!!
TV is about as good as it's ever been. Early/mid 2000's has it beat when The Wire, Mad Men, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Office, 30 Rock, and Parks & Rec were all on.

Succession, Billions, Better Call Saul, Curb, VEEP, Narcos, Homeland, etc are all on or have been in the last couple years. All incredible.

TV is about as good as it's ever been. Early/mid 2000's has it beat when The Wire, Mad Men, Deadwood, Breaking Bad, The Office, 30 Rock, and Parks & Rec were all on.

Succession, Billions, Better Call Saul, Curb, VEEP, Narcos, Homeland, etc are all on or have been in the last couple years. All incredible.

You could add Sopranos to the earlier list.

True Detective and GOT Got Narcos for streaming so Bloodline and Peaky Blinders

We've benefited greatly when TV and streaming deals got big enough to lure stars from doing films only. Still pumped for what's coming from the covid lull.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT