ADVERTISEMENT

Best Opposing player to play against Kentucky from the SEC.

Michael Porter if we are talking this season.

I'll go with Shaq historically.

In my lifetime and I don't know his stats and record against us, but I know Allan Houston at UT was a tough one to guard.

Reactions: UKvisitor
Charles Barkley, Corliss Williamson, Pistol Pete, Shaq, Chris Jackson, Nique and Bernard King all have an argument. And I'll even through in Allan Houston for the fact that he could ball, didn't go to Louisville and also went to my high school. Out of the ones I've listed I would have to say Pistol Pete. Even though he never beat Kentucky, his numbers were ridiculous and one could argue that his abilities changed the entire college game.

This season, look out for Alabama backcourt. That kid Sexton is something special(kinda wanted him over Quade) and that Petty kid can shoot lights out. Chris lofton

All the above mentioned are worthy, Jason Williams from Florida single handedly handled us in Rupp.

Reactions: catdance
The one player I absolutely hated the most is.....

41hohjzserl._sl1500_.jpg

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Ben Simmons 2.0
As in player production or Missouri missing the tournament with one of the best players in the country? I think this Missou team will be a bit better than that LSU team, but I could definitely see them not living up to expectations.

Can't quibble with any of the guys that have been mentioned, but for me it's Pistol Pete. The very first UK basketball game I ever attended was LSU and UK in Feb. of '69 just a couple of months short of 12. My dad somehow got just me a ticket in the 3rd row near midcourt. Goodness knows what he paid for that. Pete had 45 and Issel 36 (thanks Jon!). It was a battle of titan's.

Best I remember watching: Barkley.

But I was a kid, I can't remember many details.

Most hated: Noah (UF). I still can't stand him.

As in player production or Missouri missing the tournament with one of the best players in the country? I think this Missou team will be a bit better than that LSU team, but I could definitely see them not living up to expectations.
Not a CuonzoMartin fan. He trained under Gene Keady at Purdue but has under achieved everywhere he's coached including
last year's first round tournament loss with a good California team. His teams have never lived up to expectations.

Pete played six games against the Cats. Following are his scoring totals for each game:

LSU lost all six.

(Stats courtesy of Jon Scott's great website.)

Being born in 1982, I never saw this. But my dad did! He was telling me that before the games Rupp would be interviewed on the radio and he would just say "Pete can have his 50..."

My dad also stole a student ID from someone so he could get in to see Dan Issell and Pete Maravich play against each other

Reactions: ReturnOfOakboy
Noah or that blonde haired douche nick something that left always seemed to kill us

Regarding Allan Houston, we completely shut him down in the SEC tournament his final season. He scored three points and had seven turnovers that game.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
I'm not sure about the best, however, the ones that gave us the most trouble were Barkley, Maravich and Bernard King. As I recall, Corliss Williamson also gave us fits.

David Robinson had a nice game in Rupp with no help. And I don't remember his name but the guy from A&M had a great game and beat us in Rupp just a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT