ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi picks us to win SEC tourney

moses1uk

Blue Chip Prospect
Jun 16, 2005
Why Kentucky will win: Color me captivated by Kentucky's recent offensive explosion. Keep this up and the Wildcats might not lose another game. It also strikes me as the perfect "Why not us?" formula for postseason play. The SEC tourney would be my first choice as a ticket buyer, so I'm going with the best show in town. -- Lunardi

It's gonna be tough to do.. because unlike in years past, it isn't just going to be one or two tough games, every game that isn't Vandy and Mizz will be a tough out.

However.. on a neutral court where our opponents aren't getting home cooking, AND aren't shooting lights out in Rupp.. I pick us as well. That's also another week away and I think we're only getting better.

Maybe that's what he's counting on. We have more weapons than anyone else, and probably have a better chance at having at least two hot hands on any given day, as opposed to some teams like South Carolina, Tennessee, and Auburn.
Tennessee is closer to us offensively than they are south carolina. They've got 4 guys who can hurt you on any given night

Tough to not have an off night playing 4 games n 4 days potentially.
When you have 8-9 guys who can lead you in scoring an off night is an anomaly. 2-3 guys are off but the others pick up the slack. Off nights happen to powerful offenses who only have 2-3 weapons. My 2 cents. Our defense giving up over 100 is a problem but offensively an off night is the last thing I'm worried about.

What will be tough is conditioning. BigZ is not going to last playing 4 games in 4 days.. heck even a back to back will be tough for him.

And that includes over using Shep.. it includes guys that are nicked up like Tre, DJ and Adou. It wouldn't hurt to use a little platoon in the SECT, keep the bodies fresh and help prevent injury. Really just out muscle other teams and run them ragged.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What will be tough is conditioning. BigZ is not going to last playing 4 games in 4 days.. heck even a back to back will be tough for him.

And that includes over using Shep.. it includes guys that are nicked up like Tre, DJ and Adou. It wouldn't hurt to use a little platoon in the SECT, keep the bodies fresh and help prevent injury. Really just out muscle other teams and run them ragged.
I’m telling you, kid has to switch to lights or ultra lights, minimum.

Yeah, that will be a problem. I agree spreading out minutes is only option. If we lose we lose. I know people are gonna bash me but not a big deal.

I'd rather be healthy 100% for ncaa tournament.

I think UK is behind because we've had good offense and bad defense.

It's gonna take great effort against TN....I hope we have the effort to win that game.

Then I might listen to Lunardi.

Yeah, that will be a problem. I agree spreading out minutes is only option. If we lose we lose. I know people are gonna bash me but not a big deal.

I'd rather be healthy 100% for ncaa tournament.

I've never cared about winning the SECT. I think it's a nice little trophy that gets totally overshadowed by NCAA titles, Final 4s, elite 8s.. and honestly probably Sweet 16s.

The SECT final does nothing for seeding. And it's arguably too many games in too few of days, for it to be worth it. I only care about it when it comes to seeding. And honestly I think so long as you don't lose early in the SECT, it largely has no effect on seeding. We just need to get to the semis.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
our best teams have done it. It’s time to be Kentucky again.
This is one of our best offenses. If by "team" you mean on both ends, than absolutely not. You gotta' be able to shut people down. Loyola Marymount found that out.

I've never cared about winning the SECT. I think it's a nice little trophy that gets totally overshadowed by NCAA titles, Final 4s, elite 8s.. and honestly probably Sweet 16s.

The SECT final does nothing for seeding. And it's arguably too many games in too few of days, for it to be worth it. I only care about it when it comes to seeding. And honestly I think so long as you don't lose early in the SECT, it largely has no effect on seeding. We just need to get to the semis.

I agree. Regular season means more. Tourney is more fluky.

Why Kentucky will win: Color me captivated by Kentucky's recent offensive explosion. Keep this up and the Wildcats might not lose another game. It also strikes me as the perfect "Why not us?" formula for postseason play. The SEC tourney would be my first choice as a ticket buyer, so I'm going with the best show in town. -- Lunardi
Cow will take a dump in the 2nd game

Tennessee has to be the favorite. I don’t see UK getting past UT because of UT’s defense. UT will only lose if they have an off shooting night.

Not bad for a 7 seed, eh Joe?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT