ADVERTISEMENT

Best Cologne

Take a whole palm full of this and rub it on your face, neck and chest. Drives the ladies wild....

s-l300.jpg

A girl I spent a whole lot of time with in college wore Amarige. It must have imprinted because all these years later, I can get a woody just when I smell it.

So while we are on it, how much cologne should you put on? I usually spray one little shot of Aqua di gio center of the lower neck. Or two shots on the clavicle.

Just got back from the UK Vegas debacle and have to say I smelled a ton of cologne out there on men passing by. Did I miss a memo, or are we supposed to be spraying so much of it on ourselves that women can smell us at the other end of the craps table?

Polo (Green bottle)
Joop
Drakkar Noir
Obsession
Fahrenheit
Vintage Black
Eternity
Dolce & GaBBana Light Blue
Versace EROS (wearing today)

Halston 1-12
Clinique Happy
Hugo Boss
Cool Water
Polo Black

My favorite is DKNY Delicious. But the price tag, I do not wear it much. $129 per little bottle, at my age, not wearing every day.

I left out about 50. When my money was kind of funny in my younger years, I would roll with some Grey Flannel and in a pinch ADDIDAS. Shit was like $4, but it did the trick. You know it is pretty cheap shit when it is not behind or locked up in the display case.

What was every ones knock off you wore ? Mine was probably the fake Drakkar or Polo, not much, but when times where hard.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
So while we are on it, how much cologne should you put on? I usually spray one little shot of Aqua di gio center of the lower neck. Or two shots on the clavicle.

Just got back from the UK Vegas debacle and have to say I smelled a ton of cologne out there on men passing by. Did I miss a memo, or are we supposed to be spraying so much of it on ourselves that women can smell us at the other end of the craps table?

2 sprays tops...I usually do one on forearm and one on chest....nothing above clavicle.

Just a reminder, no cologne covers the smell of ass and funk! Soap, water and deodorant first. Nothing stinks worse than ass and funk mixed with a heavy spraying of cologne.

My grandmother was an Avon lady. Got that nasty men’s cologne when I was 7-37 every Christmas. She was a sweet lady though, I miss her.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I left out about 50. When my money was kind of funny in my younger years, I would roll with some Grey Flannel and in a pinch ADDIDAS. Shit was like $4, but it did the trick. You know it is pretty cheap shit when it is not behind or locked up in the display case.

My wife and I met a perfume/cologne executive while on a trip one time. I asked him what the cost of the bottle and perfume was in relation to the marketing. He said that for most perfumes and colognes, marketing (including celebrity endorsement) plus development were 90% of the cost. So an old scent that is no longer advertised (like Grey Flannel), can be dirt cheap but still good quality.

Dolce and Gabbana - Light Blue

Aqua di Gio - Black

Azzaro - Wanted

Armani - Code (Brown bottle)

Polo - Green, Red, Black, Blue

A couple of others whose names escape me.

I wear a type/brand/scent once a week, but I do wear cologne every day.

I don't bathe in it before going to the gym.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Most cologne is rehashed. But two that ive found that are pretty distinct:

Warm weather: Issey Miyake (pour homme)
Cold weather: Chanel Blue

The Miyake, in particular, is legit.

I prefer aftershave to Cologne.

Grey Flannel (high school & college)
Burberry Britt (90's)
Dior Sauvage (more recently)
PS Paul Sebastian (all time favorite; very subtle. Just smells clean and masculine).

I have an old roommate that would read "how to be cool" books and douse himself in Dior Sauvage. Normally, id say that's a solid cologne but it makes me gag. Guy was a total knob.

If your cologne does not cost at least $300 a bottle, then you really don't know cologne.

Layton by Parfums De Marly
F***ing Fabulous by Tom Ford
Explorer by Mont Blanc
Sauvage EDT by Dior
Eau Sauvage by Dior
Bleu De Chanel Parfum by Chanel
Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes
Spicebomb by Viktor and Rolfe

Just to name a few of my faves.

I couldn't help but chuckle when I read your post about the pungent cologne and the "60% of the time it works everytime" line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT