ADVERTISEMENT

Best Cologne

hqdefault.jpg

Yes

Eternity, Polo, Obsession, Joop, Tommy.

A chick at some store the other day was actually still wearing Tommygirl. Instantly took me back to Lexington/Richmond bar scene in the mid 90s.
Poison and Passion are 2 perfumes that are permanently attached to previous GF memories. All these years and just a whiff of either can send me back instantly.

Haven’t worn any in 25+ years, but here was the breakdown.

Junior High years was polo. Just a dab went a long way. Eastland loafers, pegged (lol) jeans and some Polo was standard issue.

Around 91-92 there was a shift. With the purchase of a silk shirt and a gold herringbone chain you were required by law to wear Drakkar Noir. A bit stronger scent, but I didn’t make the rules.

That’s about the last time I wore any cologne.

Side note: we purchased Jade East every year for Christmas for my grandpa, as far back as I can remember. Ironic, considering the things he would say about Asian people (he was a WWII veteran)

I prefer aftershave to Cologne.

Grey Flannel (high school & college)
Burberry Britt (90's)
Dior Sauvage (more recently)
PS Paul Sebastian (all time favorite; very subtle. Just smells clean and masculine).

Last edited:
1821 Man Made

love their stuff. Use their body wash and hair paste as well. Rarely wear cologne these days.

I think polo/RL black is what I used to wear 25 yrs ago in college

I shit you not my wife had this conversation with me last week how I never wear cologne anymore but I used to when we were dating and she misses it every now and then blah blah blah

Anyway found the old bottle of Kenneth Cole reaction I used to wear with dust all over it and used that bad boy. Probably won’t wear it for another 5 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT