ADVERTISEMENT

Best BB player to come out of your high school ?

No one anyone here has ever heard of probably (unless you’re from western KY).

Probably Adrian Armstead or David Simmons.

My high school in West, Tn never produced much. Collectively we did well as teams in our district but Don Mann was the only standout I can recall. He might have ended up at Kentucky but he had a child and in those days having a kid was a no go for Hall from what I’ve been told. I’m sure that was just the prevailing thought from the day.

He ended up with bad knees, but I believed played at Murray. Had NBA potential but body didn’t hold.

Closest I can get is an hour over, Brownsville, TN - home of Tony Delk. He still remembers scorching us one year and my high school coach in a panic. We’ve laughed about it several times. Over private dinners. Just the 2 of us.
Pic or it hasn’t happened

I want to say Byron Larkin, but Jaxson Hayes and Miles Mcbride are playing in the NBA. Larkin was one hell of an athlete and could have become an NFL'er had he focused on that instead of basketball.

Well I knew that, I grew up playing football against him. Sucked being on kickoff team knowing that he was the one back there returning. Vinson might take the top spot at this point leading them to their one and only title and is off to a great start at NKU. Also if you graduated a couple years before Nic, then you graduated with my sister lol.
Oh snap! How about that? HHS class of '06 represent.

Reactions: BigKari
Mike silliman was better than scott.
Never saw Silliman play but...

Padgett (6'-9" 240lbs) was a 1st round NBA draft pick in 1999 (#28)
Silliman (6'-6" 225lbs) was 8th round (69th) in 1966

Padgett played 8 years in the NBA (4.2pts, 2.7rb, 0.7 ass) and 13.2 win shares
Silliman played 1 year in the NBA (2.5pts, 1.7reb, 0.6as) and 0.3 Win shares

In college Silliman did have better numbers against a softer schedule...

Silliman 19.7pts, 11.8 reb...strength of schedule was -2.20 below avgerage
Padgett 10.3pts, 5.3 reb...strength of schedule was +9.71 above average

Padgett also won a National Title playing a major role....

Regards

My daughter tutored SW at Jeff high...said he was a self entitled Ahole. When I told her he was the new hc there she said well I sure hope he's changed.
I can imagine being a Mc’Donalds AA from a small town and being a State Title team did that to him. Big man On campus.

Bryan Station- Jack Goose Givens / DInner Bell Melvin Turpin / Leroy Bird III
Way after Shelvin Mack

Last edited:
Never saw Silliman play but...

Padgett (6'-9" 240lbs) was a 1st round NBA draft pick in 1999 (#28)
Silliman (6'-6" 225lbs) was 8th round (69th) in 1966

Padgett played 8 years in the NBA (4.2pts, 2.7rb, 0.7 ass) and 13.2 win shares
Silliman played 1 year in the NBA (2.5pts, 1.7reb, 0.6as) and 0.3 Win shares

In college Silliman did have better numbers against a softer schedule...

Silliman 19.7pts, 11.8 reb...strength of schedule was -2.20 below avgerage
Padgett 10.3pts, 5.3 reb...strength of schedule was +9.71 above average

Padgett also won a National Title playing a major role....

Regards
Silliman. Olympic champ. And captain of that team

Richard Embry/Kent Benningfield (sp) when I was 8th grade at PRP and Rudy Duran Macklin from Shawnee when I got bussed the next year.

Thats my friend, he lives near Norte Dame now, has a son Kaden , that suppose to be good

Doesn't matter much. I'm pretty sure we haven't produced a scholarship basketball player at any level even if I expand to the entire history. Sports was not our thing, didn't have football at all, still don't, and likely never will with something like a 1/4 of the entire census being required to fill a non Iron Man roster or 50% commitment when you remember it is only guys aka not happening.

I went to school with a guy that walked on at UofL under Crum, but Pitino showed him the door. So he transferred to KWC and I saw him on tv in the D2 title game once. I think that is pretty much peak Daviess County High School. There may be better players but I never cared enough to learn about them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT