ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of the big men: Edey v Clingan

UConn will win by 25
Purdue is good but can't run with UConn. Clingan is so underrated.
He's as good of college center I've seen since who knows.... Greg Oden maybe
Better than Anthony Davis?! Lmfao I guess. 🤣 We’ve had several big men as good as Clingan, as FRESHMEN!

Last edited:
Could depend a lot on officiating. Edey normally piles up the fouls on the guys defending him, but Clingan seems to be one of those guys that’s built enough of a reputation as an ace defender that he can get away with a lot of contact as we saw tonight. If he stays on the court, I think he makes it the center matchup enough of a push that UConn’s guards win the game.

Bad matchup for Purdue. If Edey can’t dominate they have no chance and I don’t think he can dominate against Clingan.
I think so too. Purdue is susceptible to athleticism and shooting. Nebraska did it to them on a well executed, hot shooting night. The thing about Edey is, once you get him in Hell, he’s never really shown he knows how to get out. Not easy to do, but I saw Nebraska do it. Hurley will have something for him. Edey is going to have to have a really big game. Purdue is overrated as a shooting team, and UConn just got lit up on the perimeter and didn’t really matter in the end.

Better than Anthony Davis?! Lmfao I guess. 🤣 We’ve had several big men as good as Clingan, as FRESHMEN!
Yes I think he's better than Davis was as a freshman here. What did Davis do that he doesn't? He avg 12 points a game . Clingan is great at the college basketball level
You are underestimating how he controls the game. Almost all of our fans do the same thing

I was told by Rafters that the traditional big man was a thing of the past and all they do is clog the lane. I was told that the game has changed and you can’t win this way now. Hmmmm

I think there’s more to it than the big men. As much as I hate to admit it, I don’t think Purdue can hang with UConn at the other positions.

Reactions: Haggin_Hall_1983
Clingan is in no way as good as AD was. That doesn't mean he's not good.
He's a better low post scorer
He's a better defensive leader.

AD was really good but again, none of you would be saying he was the best in college basketball if he didn't play at UK. He was part of a great core.
I actually think Clingan would bully him around if the two teams played. He's much bigger

Could depend a lot on officiating. Edey normally piles up the fouls on the guys defending him, but Clingan seems to be one of those guys that’s built enough of a reputation as an ace defender that he can get away with a lot of contact as we saw tonight. If he stays on the court, I think he makes it the center matchup enough of a push that UConn’s guards win the game.
I 100% agree. If UConn get to play with the contact inside like tonight, Edey will really struggle..

AD was really good but again, none of you would be saying he was the best in college basketball if he didn't play at UK. He was part of a great core.
I actually think Clingan would bully him around if the two teams played. He's much bigger.
Better defensive leader ??? AD as SEC and national DPOY. Clingan wasn't even DPOY of his Conference. AD was National college player of the year. Tristen Newton and Cam Spencer were the two players who were all conference on UCONN. Once again Clingan is good but if you think better than AD you have lost your mind.

I actually think Clingan would bully him around if the two teams played. He's much bigger
The nation said he was the best in college, he won Naismith POY.

I'm actually interested in this title game. I didn't bother with last year's cause I knew nobody had a shot. But the two best teams is very interesting to me. It has probably happened less than five times the last 40 years that the best teams played in the championship.

I can’t figure out if you’re just trying to troll us, or if you actually believe these broken-brained bonkers things you’ve been saying in this thread.

Clingan is a damn good college center, but anyone who’d take him over friggin Anthony Davis is mentally beyond repair.

Yes I think he's better than Davis was as a freshman here. What did Davis do that he doesn't? He avg 12 points a game . Clingan is great at the college basketball level
You are underestimating how he controls the game. Almost all of our fans do the same thing
This is just too dumb of a post to even shoot you a rebuttal. WOOF!!!!

To me Edey seems like a game warper on offense, kind of like Shaq...not Shaq-like but Shaq-lite.
The fouls he draws alone change a game and it seems like he shuts down the rim on defense
and either scores or gets fouled anytime he gets the ball within 8 feet of the rim.
Since Clingan is a ligit top notch big man it will be interesting to see if UCONN tries to guard
Edey with Clingan without much help. I know when teams tried that against Shaq they usually
changed their minds after a few minutes.

Reactions: BlueSince92
I know you are trolling. However, trolls can't beat statistics. Davis averaged 14ppg and 10rpg with 70% FT shooting, 4.7 Bpg and 1.4 Spg as a freshman. As a sophomore, Clingan averages 12.9ppg with 7.5 rpg, 57% FT, 2.5Bpg and 0.5 Spg. Davis was better and it's not even close.

I know you are trolling. However, trolls can't beat statistics. Davis averaged 14ppg and 10rpg with 70% FT shooting, 4.7 Bpg and 1.4 Spg as a freshman. As a sophomore, Clingan averages 12.9ppg with 7.5 rpg, 57% FT, 2.5Bpg and 0.5 Spg. Davis was better and it's not even close.
I don’t think he is trolling. I think he honestly thinks Clingan is better. He’s had several doozies over the years.

I think Purdue has one hell of a shot to beat UConn. Damn, I sure hope they do! I hate those bastards, almost as much as I hate duke.
Growing up as a Syracuse fan I've got double your hate... They were like our UofL... And then they beat UK in FF and Champ.. Bah. Bastards.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I don’t think he is trolling. I think he honestly thinks Clingan is better. He’s had several doozies over the years.
I thought at first he was saying a senior Edey was better than a freshman Davis, not so crazy, but Clingan being better is just crazy...and I think Clingan is very good.

And every other award that was given. Lmfao Clingan is better than Anthony Davis. 🤦‍♂️ WOW!
No matter how much you think you are right doesn't change anything. If clingan had played at UK on the 2012 team and AD was a freshman at UConn... There's absolutely no way you would be taking the stance you are. Sure Davis is a better athlete but one year In college , Clingan has been just as good of not better.

I can’t figure out if you’re just trying to troll us, or if you actually believe these broken-brained bonkers things you’ve been saying in this thread.

Clingan is a damn good college center, but anyone who’d take him over friggin Anthony Davis is mentally beyond repair.
He's gonna be a top 3 pick in the draft. The dude is a stud. Honestly when I made the top center comment I wasn't thinking of Davis as a center. Then heffer-town commented and it doesn't take much to get him going so I figured I would say Davis included.
Truth is it just drives me nuts how our fans say players aren't "good" because they don't like their team. Their were some on here 3 days ago saying z was as good as Clingan. No he's not and he won't be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT